LOCATION: Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 20787
Passionate about working on our $13.5 billion Fort Hills mining project? Reporting to the shift supervisor, you will be responsible for supporting the mine maintenance team by safely maintaining the heavy equipment fleet to ensure optimum reliability and availability of the assets.
- Execute all planned and break in welding repairs, build-up for line-boring and fabrication, as required
- Responsible for minor welding and/or structural repairs on P&H 4100 and Hitachi EX8000 Shovels, Komatsu Haul trucks, Caterpillar auxiliary equipment as well as various other light vehicle and support equipment
- Provide preventative maintenance support in the field and in the shop
- Assist with essential rigging in the field and operate rigging for moving equipment with mobile equipment and lifting devices
- Examine welds and ensure that they meet standards and/or specifications
- Actively participate in post-event failure analysis and root cause discussions to contribute to developing solutions
- Support in the removal and replacement of major components (engines, transmissions, wheel motors, etc.)
- Safely operate company provided equipment and vehicles
- Read work orders, technical manuals, blueprints and diagrams related to the work assignment; write and review work scope and hazard/risk assessment
- Clean and prepare base metals using bevellers, grinders, air nibblers, and cleaning chemicals
- Evaluate maintenance procedures, and recommend changes or modifications for improved efficiency and adaptability to setup and production
Experience and Education
- Two or more years of post-apprenticeship experience maintaining mining heavy equipment
- Two or more years of experience working on P&H 4100BOSS A/C Electric Cable shovels, Komatsu A/C Ultra Class Electric Haul Trucks and Caterpillar auxiliary equipment
- Valid Alberta Journeyman Welder Certificate or an Interprovincial Red Seal Journeyman Welder Certificate; attach your Journeyman / Red Seal ticket with your application to be considered
- CWB certification would be considered an asset
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Possess a valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to calculate dimensions and tolerances using knowledge of mathematics and instruments such as micrometers and Vernier calipers
- Expert knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout, and machining procedures`
- Knowledge of SMAW, OAC, MIG, FCAW and PAC and heat treatment processes
- SAP knowledge would be an asset
- You are a highly motivated, self-starter with a strong work ethic who values integrity
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills and validated ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- This position has been identified as being safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- Shift schedule is a seven days on/seven days off rotation (seven days on, seven days off, seven nights on, seven nights off; 12-hour shifts)
- You will be required to perform some heavy lifting, use of ladders and working on elevated work sites such as scaffolds and towers with the ability to perform in a variety of different environments both indoor and outdoor as well as within confined spaces
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract in Calgary AB as a Procurement Advisor. This is a great opportunity for an Intermediate Contract Buyer with a strong...
Interface Coordinators - (ECR00014J) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the...
Job description The successful candidate will join Imperial's research team that is working to continuously improve environmental performance at Imperial’s oil sands mining and in-situ...
Truck and Transport Mechanic / Technician $42-$45 hourly - Relocation Available 2115966, Confidential, 26 daysWe are hiring a Heavy Duty Truck and Transport Technician to join our highly skilled team. Our heavy equipment repair facility is a family owned and operated business located in Slave Lake...
In Repsol we are committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination. Therefore when you submit your application we do not ask for personal data such as age, gender, photograph, or any other...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: This position is responsible for general labourer and wash bay duties. Job Description: Major Job Functions: Moving...
Our client is looking for an individual to complete a one year contract in Calgary AB as a...
Interface Coordinators - (ECR00014J) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and...
Job description The successful candidate will join Imperial's research team that is working to...
Truck and Transport Mechanic / Technician $42-$45 hourly - Relocation Available 2115966, Confidential, 26 daysWe are hiring a Heavy Duty Truck and Transport Technician to join our highly skilled team. Our...
In Repsol we are committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination. Therefore when you...
Posting End Date: Number of Opening: 1 Worker Type: Permanent Position Overview: This position...