The Adoption Council of Canada (ACC) is an umbrella organization for adoption in Canada. The ACC is sensitive to, and respects, the perspectives of all members of the adoption constellation.
A permanent, supported family for every child and youth in Canada.
We are Canada’s voice for adoption, unifying communities’ commitment to permanency for waiting children and youth. We support and encourage people along their adoption journey, connecting them to the families and resources they need.
We are currently seeking a vibrant, self-motivated CMA or CA for the position of Treasurer to join our Board. A connection to child welfare is an asset, but it is by no means limiting.
Position: Treasurer of the Board
Responsible to: Board of Directors (Chair)
As a member of the Adoption Council of Canada’s Executive Committee and Board of Directors, the treasurer is a key member of our volunteer leadership team. The treasurer is responsible for monitoring and reporting to the Board of Directors with respect to all matters pertaining to the financial integrity of this national organization.
- Develops a thorough understanding of ACC’s mission, goals, bylaws, financial position and board structure.
- Reviews financial documents and reporting templates as required.
- Reviews and presents quarterly financial statements to the Board; assesses fiscal health, identifies trends, variances and concerns.
- Manages the Boards’ review of and actions related to ACCs’ financial responsibilities as a not-for-profit organization.
- Reviews, develops and recommends financial policies, procedures and systems for the ACC.
- Supports the Executive Director and Administrative Coordinator with financial recordkeeping - ensuring materials are up-to-date and adequately safeguarded.
- Acts as an advisor to the Executive Director for annual budget preparation and presents annual budget to the Board.
- Ensures annual financial statements comply with regulatory requirements and are submitted within the required deadlines.
- Examines other financial matters as may be assigned by the board from time to time.
- Assists preparation for an annual audit as necessary.
- Required to have joint signing authority on bank accounts in use by the ACC as per bank and cheque signing policies.
- Keeps current on emerging CRA guidelines and charitable law that may impact financial operations and external requirements of the organization.
- Works toward organizational goals – with commitment to the mission of ACC.
- Assists in the selection of an auditor when necessary.
- Chairs a Finance Committee (sub-committee of the Executive) if necessary.
- Board meetings occur monthly by teleconference, in the evenings and last 1 to 2 hours – plus an additional 4 hours as required to review financial statements and prepare reports. The Board tries to meet once per year in person –for an Annual General Meeting.
- Approximate Position Start Date: May 2018
- Approximate Position End Date: Term is, at minimum, one year.
- The treasurer will be required to give two months’ written notice of departure and remain on the board until the Board of Directors elects a new treasurer.
- National Office Location: 416-2249 Carling Avenue, Ottawa, ON Canada
- Prior experience in the financial sector with a preference for an individual who is a chartered accountant, certified management accountant, certified general accountant or has equivalent experience and has knowledge of the charitable sector.
- Reside within Ottawa, Ontario region (asset)
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience in the non-profit sector.
- Positive, motivated and enthusiastic.
Benefits & Recognition:
- Board Training
- Further development in personal leadership skills
- Critical knowledge on the issues in the child welfare field and on the programs we deliver to help find waiting children and youth.
If you are interested in joining the ACC National Board of Directors, please send a COVER LETTER and RESUME to email@example.com
Date Posted: May 2018
Operations Manager-180006BC Description Manages the day-to-day operations at a defined location; responsible for all functions and financial metrics in a specific branch with multiple lines of...
Description Job ID: 274503 Senior Financial Analyst Glendale, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Senior Financial Analyst City, State: Glendale, WI Location: AW Glendale...
Please Note: If you are a current Hydro Ottawa employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application. By generating and distributing power, each person at Hydro Ottawa is...
Information Technology - Ottawa MaxSys Staffing & Consulting is currently looking to pool Programmer Analyst, level 3 for opportunities in the federal government. Classification: Programmer...
Description Job ID: 273069 Lead Analyst - Net Revenue A/R Valuation Nashville, Tennessee Regular / Day Additional Job Information Title: Lead Analyst - Net Revenue A/R Valuation City, State: ...
Engineering - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Experience: 1. Must clearly demonstrate 5 years of engineering...
Operations Manager-180006BC Description Manages the day-to-day operations at a defined location;...
Description Job ID: 274503 Senior Financial Analyst Glendale, Wisconsin Regular / Day Additional...
Please Note: If you are a current Hydro Ottawa employee with access to Workday, apply to this...
Information Technology - Ottawa MaxSys Staffing & Consulting is currently looking to pool...
Description Job ID: 273069 Lead Analyst - Net Revenue A/R Valuation Nashville,...
Engineering - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for an Intermediate Electrical Engineer for our...