Vineyard Supervisor (South Okanagan)
Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years)
Career Level: Manager
Industry: Packaged Goods
Job Category: Other
Years Experience: 2-4 Years
Job Type: Full-time
Posting Date: September 23, 2020
Share this job:
Arterra Wines Canada Western Viticulture Department is a multi-farm operation with world class properties spanning across the South Okanagan from Osoyoos to Summerland. We have premium vineyards containing a wide range of grape varieties, soil types and growing conditions.
We are currently recruiting for a detail orientated, organized individual who is self-motivated and goal oriented to fill the position of Vineyard Supervisor based out of our Viticulture Office located in Oliver, BC. Our organization has an industry leading leadership team; a collaborative working environment full of determination and success; and a structure which offers best in class training and development to our team members.
The primary responsibilities of a Vineyard Supervisor are assisting in day to day management of vineyard operations to ensure production of the highest quality fruit in the most economic fashion. You will supervisor a team of viticulture professionals and operate a range of vineyard equipment including tractors, mowers, hedgers, fungicide/herbicide sprayers, leaf removers and mechanical harvesters.
Responsibilities include but may not be limited to:
- Ensure all vineyard duties are completed in a timely and optimal manner as directed
- Work closely with other Vineyard Managers and Viticulture Technical team
- Maintain competence in key vineyard operations/management functions
- Competency training and development of all Vineyard staff
- Safe and effective operation of vineyard equipment, implements and vehicles
- Promote and ensure compliance with HR Policies & Procedures and OH&S guidelines
- Ensure all goals are achieved within required budget levels
- Post-Secondary Diploma or Certificate in Viticulture
- 3-5 Years of Hands-on Vineyard Experience
- Pesticide Applicators Certificate
- Prior experience in a supervisory or management role in a vineyard producing premium quality fruit
- Competency in safe operation of vineyard equipment, pruning, canopy management, disease/pest control, harvesting and irrigation management.
- Familiarity working in a cross-cultural environment
- Successful experience in delivery of hands-on training for workers
- Demonstrated successful problem-solving abilities –people and technical
- Working knowledge of WCB requirements as they relate to vineyard operations
- Demonstrated effective communication skills –verbal and written
- Team Leadership Training an asset
- Post-Secondary Education in Viticulture or Horticulture an asset
- Working knowledge of Word/Excel
What we offer:
- Competitive salary and bonus
- Benefits and Pension Plan
- Product Allowances & Safe Ride Home Program
- Corporate Social Responsibility
- Tuition reimbursement
- Training & Development Programs
- An opportunity to learn about the world of wine
Number of Openings:
We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Learn More about Arterra Wines Canada
See all Arterra Wines Canada job postings
Setup a Career Alert for similar jobs
Send to a friend
Share this job:
Town of Osoyoos Executive Assistant/Communications Coordinator We are looking for a dynamic, results-oriented individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, embraces change and innovation and...
The District of Peachland, a vibrant and growing community of approximately 5,400 located on the shores of Okanagan Lake between Kelowna and Penticton, is currently recruiting for a permanent...
The City of Enderby is seeking a Systems Operator I to join its Public Works team. The nature of the position is: Skilled and technical systems work involving the operation of the City’s...
Fulltime / Full Benefit Position The beautiful town of Princeton, located in the sunny Similkameen Valley, has a great lifestyle opportunity. If you are someone looking for an exciting job in a...
City of Colwood Manager of Finance POSTING ID # : COC20201118 POSITION TITLE: MANAGER OF FINANCE DEPARTMENT: FINANCE POSITION TYPE: FULL TIME REGULAR, EXEMPT POSITION HOURS OF WORK: 35 hours per...
BC Local Government Job Posting Service School District No. 62 (Sooke) Occupational Health and Safety Advisor POSITION SUMMARY: Sooke School District is the fastest growing School District in...
Town of Osoyoos Executive Assistant/Communications Coordinator We are looking for a dynamic,...
The District of Peachland, a vibrant and growing community of approximately 5,400 located on the...
The City of Enderby is seeking a Systems Operator I to join its Public Works team. The nature of...
Fulltime / Full Benefit Position The beautiful town of Princeton, located in the sunny...
City of Colwood Manager of Finance POSTING ID # : COC20201118 POSITION TITLE: MANAGER OF...
BC Local Government Job Posting Service School District No. 62 (Sooke) Occupational Health and...