ALL VGH EMPLOYEES REFLECT OUR HOSPITAL'S PHILOSOPHY BY CONTINUOUSLY PROVIDING QUALITY SERVICE/CARE.
- Complete high school education, Manitoba standards, required. Successful completion of both the Health Care Aide and Unit Clerk programs required.
- Basic keyboarding skills (30-50 words per minute) required. Medical terminology (75% pass mark) required.
- Previous related work experience preferred.
- “Friends and Family training” is required upon hire, with ongoing training in Compressions to be provided as per Code Blue Policy.
- Demonstrated excellent command of the English language (both oral and written).
- General skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to the duties of the position.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assigned workload.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to respond to a variety of simultaneous demands.
- Ability to follow direction.
- Ability to perform as a team member and seek assistance as necessary.
- General administrative and secretarial skills and ability to perform all tasks and responsibilities relevant to duties of the position.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills ensuring effective interpersonal and interdepartmental communication.
- Utilize a positive approach to problem solving in all aspects of job responsibilities.
- Ability to operate information technology equipment as required, e.g. fax, photocopier, computer, etc.
Information and/or training will be provided within the probation period for the following:
- Personal Health Information Act (PHIA), Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) and Principles of Routine Practices (Universal Precautions).
- Regional, site and unit policies and procedures.
- Roles and responsibilities of members of the health care team.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to function effectively in a stressful environment with frequent interruptions. Position may involve physical activity such as lifting, transferring and transporting patients and equipment.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team under the supervision of the Manager of Patient Care or Nurse In-Charge, the incumbent:
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks and acts as a communication link for the unit.
- Performs a variety of tasks for the care and comfort of patients as well as routine domestic tasks to maintain the cleanliness of the area (approximately 10-90% dependent on unit, occupancy and shift).
Note: This job description is representative and should not be construed as being all inclusive.
This position is subject to a Criminal Record Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), a Child Abuse Check and an Adult Abuse Registry Check (valid within 6 months of issue). The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more EFT positions greater than 1.0 combined across the WRHA legal entity (Deer Lodge Centre, Grace Hospital, Health Sciences Centre, Middlechurch Home of Winnipeg, River Park Gardens, Victoria General Hospital, WRHA Corporate Programs, WRHA Community Health Services). Consider this prior to applying for positions, as Employees in this situation cannot be awarded an additional position that will put them over full-time (1.0 EFT).
This is a part-time permanent position working a rotation of 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off. This is an "Until Filled" position. Community Nursing is committed to excellence in the provision of...
Location WINNIPEG , Manitoba, Canada Category Stores Job Opened 02/13/2018 Education High School Diploma/GED Job Number 170009WM Job Type Auxiliary Job...
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is to fill vacancies with qualified internal candidates before hiring externally, offering you...
Close Retail Brand Ambassador – Part Time Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Customer...
AECOM is currently recruiting for an Environmental Engineer /Scientist to join the Winnipeg, Manitoba office. This position will integrate into a well-developed team of environmental engineers,...
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a developer, an analyst, or a customer care consultant, Rogers is the place where ideas become reality. We...
This is a part-time permanent position working a rotation of 8 weeks on and 8 weeks off. This is...
Location WINNIPEG , Manitoba,...
Accelerate your professional growth and development through career mobility. Our philosophy is...
Close Retail Brand Ambassador – Part Time Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
AECOM is currently recruiting for an Environmental Engineer /Scientist to join the Winnipeg,...
At Rogers we’re for supporting you on a journey to a rewarding career. Whether you’re a...