UM believes that better science and better art deliver better outcomes to our clients in the media moments that matter most. We are a creative media agency, committed to blurring the lines between media and creativity, between data and content, between science and art. A global media network in IPG Mediabrands, UM operates in over 100 countries, with 4,800 people innovating on a roster of clients including Johnson & Johnson, Tim Hortons, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, The Hershey Company, ExxonMobil and Sony.
UM Canada looks for curious individuals who have the courage to be open and honest in order to deliver better science, art, and outcomes in the media landscape.
We are currently recruiting for a Buyer, Investment.
The role of a Buyer, Investment is to prepare, negotiate and document the execution of client’s media buys within their buying group, as well as prepare or assist the Supervisor/Manager in preparing all written documentation for the Planner or Client (e.g.: pre-buy/post-buy reports, media evaluations/recommendations, and other pertinent documentation).
This role requires you to work as part of an integrated media investment team to ensure the product is grounded in insights and experience, resulting in flawless media executions.
- Negotiate media campaigns directly with sales representatives.
- Purchase all assigned media to campaign parameters.
- Request submissions for upcoming campaigns from media partners.
- Develop a media schedule that satisfies campaign parameters and brand objectives.
- In partnership with the media planning team address market concerns, timing, and brand attribution.
- Prepare and present pre-buy and post-buy reports.
- Upload media buys and track changes with a high level of accuracy.
- Responsible for solving and clearing billing discrepancies/queries, and managing the budget control report (BCR) in a timely manner.
- Execute all relevant revisions to the media buy.
- Negotiate compensation as required.
- Ensure clear communication with the planning teams (e.g. involvement in briefs).
- Assist the Senior Buyer on the evaluation or cost value analysis of sponsorships and integrations and make recommendations where appropriate.
- Explore promotional or value-added opportunities where applicable.
- Proactively advise the team of any variations to execution of media plans.
- Assist with training junior employees on tools and processes.
- Assist with the preparation of media POVs.
- Prepare market analyses.
- Conduct third party audits as required.
- Continue to proactively develop knowledge of the media landscape.
- Post-secondary education – University graduate and/or advertising/marketing College degree preferred.
- Minimum one (1) year experience within the media industry with proven buying experience.
- Driven desire to develop and excel in a media career.
- Client service oriented.
- Strong analytical and financial acumen.
- Strong learning agility, with a passion for continuous development.
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal).
- Highly developed organizational skills with a strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent ability to manage and prioritize time effectively.
- Ability to work well under pressure and multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Proactive approach to problem solving, assisting the team, self-development, etc.
- Ability to work collaboratively as well as independently.
- Ability to negotiate effectively.
- Ability to develop and foster relationships with media partners.
- Proficient with media research tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
IPG Mediabrands is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome and encourage applications from all interested parties. Accommodations are available, upon request, for those with a disability or medical need during any stage of the recruitment process. We thank all candidates for their interest in IPG Mediabrands, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Senior Manager, Digital Marketing - Paid Media Requisition ID : 19000448 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Digital Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-40 Dundas Street...
Media Production Architect, MTIS - Engineering Solutions - TOR06785 Job Family Broadcast Engineering Primary Location Toronto Position Language Requirement English Only Language Skill Levels...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your...
Social Media Presenter, Regional - Toronto (English Services) - TOR06779 Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web) Primary Location Toronto Position Language Requirement English Only Language Skill...
Senior Manager, Media Measurement Requisition ID : 19000862 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Digital Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-40 Dundas Street West 4th...
Senior Manager, Digital Marketing - Paid Media Requisition ID : 19000448 Position...
Media Production Architect, MTIS - Engineering Solutions - TOR06785 Job Family Broadcast...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We...
Social Media Presenter, Regional - Toronto (English Services) - TOR06779 Job Family Programming...
Senior Manager, Media Measurement Requisition ID : 19000862 Position Type: Regular Position...