Whatever the distance, wherever the destination—our designs lead you there. Our Transportation group provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of airport, bridge, rail, roadway, and transit projects. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Our Transportation sector provides comprehensive planning, design, and engineering services for all phases of bridge, roadway, and municipal infrastructure projects. The successful candidate will possess exceptional technical knowledge, leadership, project management, communication and business acumen that will help Stantec expand its business in the transportation sectors in North West Alberta.
We have an immediate opening in our Grande Prairie office for a Transportation Project Manager/Specialist. The successful candidate will be accountable & responsible for securing and executing transportation projects in this region with the support from other Stantec regional offices as required. They will develop opportunities, execute proposals, secure work, build client relationships, manage projects, execute projects, and ensure the quality of design and technical services delivered by the transportation team.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Planning, Organizing, and executing projects from inception to completion
- Growing our transportation business, helping to achieve top line growth for the Grande Prairie Office, and supporting the Office and Business Development Leaders to achieve key operational performance metrics,
- Building a strong culture of quality design and teamwork,
- Attracting key staff to Stantec’s transportation team to facilitate growth,
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing future leaders,
- Working collaboratively and communicating regularly with other Stantec offices.
- B.Sc. in Civil Engineering or Civil Technology Program, with minimum ten (6) years combined education and experience.
- Eligible for registration with APEGA or ASET.
- Proven ability to plan, execute, and control the project through all phases from initial feasibility through preliminary design/definition, detailed design, construction, commissioning and validation.
- Effective leadership, communication and team building skills.
- The ideal candidate will possess experience in transportation (urban and rural) and municipal infrastructure projects.
- The ideal candidate will have strong relationships and be respected in the transportation communities within the Grande Prairie region.
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Vous n’êtes pas prêt(e) à envoyer votre candidature ou ne savez pas si nous avons actuellement un poste ouvert qui serait adapté à vos compétences? Vous pouvez toujours communiquer avec nous et nous vous informerons des possibilités qui correspondent à vos compétences et à votre expérience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Agences de recrutement et de dotation
Stantec apprécie l’intérêt porté par les agences de dotation de personnel. Toutefois, tout curriculum vitae non-sollicité envoyé à Stantec ou à un employé de Stantec qui n’est pas lié à un contrat actuel et valide avec une agence ne pourra donner droit à des frais de recherche. En ce moment, Stantec n’est pas à la recherche de nouveaux partenariats avec des agences de dotation de personnel.
CLASS 1 DRIVER Location: Grande Prairie Job Code: 3687 # of openings: 1 Description Grimshaw Trucking L.P. Class 1 Driver Location: Grande Prairie, AB Responsibilities: Deliver and pick up general...
Do you want to live amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America and enjoy hiking amongst some of Canada’s largest waterfalls, ride through ATV and snowmobile trails, and enjoy...
Do you have general labour experience and are interested in picking up some short term work? If so, we would like to hear from you! We anticipate future needs for short term general labourers in...
CLASS 1 TRACTOR DRIVER Location: Grande Prairie Job Code: 3658 # of openings: 1 Description Tractor Truck Drivers Job ID# 201701-04 Withers LP, a leader in tubular transportation in Western...
CLASS 1 WINCH DRIVER Location: Grande Prairie Job Code: 3659 # of openings: 1 Description WinchTruck Drivers Job ID# 201701-05 Withers LP, a leader in tubular transportation in Western Canada’s...
Req Id: 206481 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
CLASS 1 DRIVER Location: Grande Prairie Job Code: 3687 # of openings: 1 Description Grimshaw...
Do you want to live amongst some of the most beautiful surroundings in North America and enjoy...
Do you have general labour experience and are interested in picking up some short term work? If...
CLASS 1 TRACTOR DRIVER Location: Grande Prairie Job Code: 3658 # of...
CLASS 1 WINCH DRIVER Location: Grande Prairie Job Code: 3659 # of...
Req Id: 206481 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...