CAN - British Columbia
The Transportation business line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Rail Construction Manager to be based out of the Burnaby, BC office. This is a part-time variable position, meaning work days and times will be determined on an as-needed basis.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct track inspections in accordance with AREMA, CN and CP standards, and the Canadian Track Safety Rules
- Lead and assist with the preparation of safety plans, proposals, design packages, cost estimates, schedules, reports and tender documentation
- Embrace project management principles and successfully manage multiple projects and clients concurrently
- Provide field support and supervise construction of rail related projects
- Provide supervision of rail construction and maintenance contractors for quality and commissioning tracks when work is satisfactorily completed, including all ancillary disciplines that meet client and AECOM quality standards
- Provide quality control on construction and maintenance projects
- Act as a central liaison between AECOM, clients, and contractors on railway construction sites
- Monitor the quality of work done by contractors constructing new grade, tracks and turnouts
- Review contractor reports and work plans
- Inspect the quality of materials used on-site and determine compliance with specifications
- Evaluate the progress of the project to determine if time schedules and payment requirements are being met
- Review with project designers and contractors to ensure that procedures are followed and that contractors are in compliance with project plans and specifications
- Monitor contractor safety programs to assess whether client requirements are met
- Coordinate field resources and assist the AECOM and client resident engineer on large rail projects and programs
- Embrace project management principles and provide support to PMs
- Supervise and mentor less-experienced team members
This role may require working away from home for extended periods subject to project need.
- University graduate or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of combined transportation/rail experience
- Familiarity with current railway track, crossing and bridge design standards and regulations
- Understanding of current railway design/construction standards and regulations (AREMA, CN, CP, Transport Canada, etc.)
- Demonstrates analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Railway CROR A card qualified or can be qualified within 3 months
- Experience managing projects with fee values in excess of $1 million
- Experience with project financial reporting systems, accounting principles, spreadsheets, report writing and basic knowledge of Occupational, Health and Safety legislation
- Team player who is willing and eager to lead multi-disciplinary projects and proposals
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and willingness to get involved in planning, design, and construction as projects dictate
- Willingness for a mixture of office and field work, including periodic travel and site visits to remote locations
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to inspect track for commissioning
- Ability to supervise equipment operators to deliver track remediation programs (rail, ballast, ties)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety legislation and preparing safe work plans
- 25+ years of combined transportation/rail experience
- 20+ Years Freight Rail Experience with a North American Class 1 rail company
- 15+ Years Rail/Civil Construction Experience
- 10+ experience in supervising work equipment track renewal gangs
- Experience in delivering off-shore projects
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Project Manager, Campaigns (18 month contract)-026408 Primary Location : CAN-British Columbia-Vancouver What you will do (External) As a key member of lululemon’s Brand & Community team, we’re...
Exp. in Design, Construction and/or Technical Specification Sales Growing New Business On Behalf of our client, we are looking fora Regional Sales Manager in Vancouver, BC area! Essential...
Chief Mining Engineer - (MIN00026S) Description Mining and Minerals Americas is a leader in providing innovative solutions to resolve today’s complex mining, minerals, and associated...
Chief Mining Engineer - (MIN00026U) Description Mining and Minerals Americas is a leader in providing innovative solutions to resolve today’s complex mining, minerals, and associated...
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell,...
Nordstrom - Assistant Department Manager - Women's Shoes - Pacific Centre (Vancouver, BC), Nordstrom, 17 daysNordstrom - Assistant Department Manager - Women's Shoes - Pacific Centre (Vancouver, BC)-351493 Nordstrom isn’t just another job—it’s a career. We’re a leading fashion retailer that’s offered the...
Project Manager, Campaigns (18 month contract)-026408 Primary Location : CAN-British...
Exp. in Design, Construction and/or Technical Specification Sales Growing New Business On Behalf...
Chief Mining Engineer - (MIN00026S) Description Mining and Minerals Americas is a leader in...
Chief Mining Engineer - (MIN00026U) Description Mining and Minerals Americas is a leader in...
STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that...
Nordstrom - Assistant Department Manager - Women's Shoes - Pacific Centre (Vancouver, BC), Nordstrom, 17 daysNordstrom - Assistant Department Manager - Women's Shoes - Pacific Centre (Vancouver,...