CAN - British Columbia
The Transportation business line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented Senior Rail Construction Manager to be based out of the Burnaby, BC office. This is a part-time variable position, meaning work days and times will be determined on an as-needed basis.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct track inspections in accordance with AREMA, CN and CP standards, and the Canadian Track Safety Rules
- Lead and assist with the preparation of safety plans, proposals, design packages, cost estimates, schedules, reports and tender documentation
- Embrace project management principles and successfully manage multiple projects and clients concurrently
- Provide field support and supervise construction of rail related projects
- Provide supervision of rail construction and maintenance contractors for quality and commissioning tracks when work is satisfactorily completed, including all ancillary disciplines that meet client and AECOM quality standards
- Provide quality control on construction and maintenance projects
- Act as a central liaison between AECOM, clients, and contractors on railway construction sites
- Monitor the quality of work done by contractors constructing new grade, tracks and turnouts
- Review contractor reports and work plans
- Inspect the quality of materials used on-site and determine compliance with specifications
- Evaluate the progress of the project to determine if time schedules and payment requirements are being met
- Review with project designers and contractors to ensure that procedures are followed and that contractors are in compliance with project plans and specifications
- Monitor contractor safety programs to assess whether client requirements are met
- Coordinate field resources and assist the AECOM and client resident engineer on large rail projects and programs
- Embrace project management principles and provide support to PMs
- Supervise and mentor less-experienced team members
This role may require working away from home for extended periods subject to project need.
- University graduate or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of combined transportation/rail experience
- Familiarity with current railway track, crossing and bridge design standards and regulations
- Understanding of current railway design/construction standards and regulations (AREMA, CN, CP, Transport Canada, etc.)
- Demonstrates analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and abilities
- Railway CROR A card qualified or can be qualified within 3 months
- Experience managing projects with fee values in excess of $1 million
- Experience with project financial reporting systems, accounting principles, spreadsheets, report writing and basic knowledge of Occupational, Health and Safety legislation
- Team player who is willing and eager to lead multi-disciplinary projects and proposals
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and willingness to get involved in planning, design, and construction as projects dictate
- Willingness for a mixture of office and field work, including periodic travel and site visits to remote locations
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to inspect track for commissioning
- Ability to supervise equipment operators to deliver track remediation programs (rail, ballast, ties)
- Knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety legislation and preparing safe work plans
- 25+ years of combined transportation/rail experience
- 20+ Years Freight Rail Experience with a North American Class 1 rail company
- 15+ Years Rail/Civil Construction Experience
- 10+ experience in supervising work equipment track renewal gangs
- Experience in delivering off-shore projects
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Cost Consultant required with loan monitoring experience to work within the cost and project management team to act as the interface between lenders and developers. Project Details Cost Consultant...
Req ID: 71804 Department: Operations - Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Position Type: Non-Union Location: Revelstoke or Golden, British Columbia Country: Canada % of Travel: 50-60% # of Positions:...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and infrastructure development company. Aecon and its subsidiaries provide services to private and public...
Req ID: 71768 Department: Operations - Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Position Type: Union Location: Sparwood, British Columbia Country: Canada % of Travel: 20-30% # of Positions:...
Senior Analyst, Growth Marketing-026066 Primary Location : CAN-British Columbia-Vancouver What you will do (External) We're looking for a data analyst to join our Brand & Marketing Analytics team...
Full Stack Development Ruby on Rails MySQL Kelly Services is an international Fortune 500 company that has been at the forefront of the temporary and permanent staffing industry since 1946. With...
Cost Consultant required with loan monitoring experience to work within the cost and project...
Req ID: 71804 Department: Operations - Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Position Type:...
Organization Overview Aecon Group Inc. is Canada’s largest, publicly traded construction and...
Req ID: 71768 Department: Operations - Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Position Type:...
Senior Analyst, Growth Marketing-026066 Primary Location : CAN-British Columbia-Vancouver What...
Full Stack Development Ruby on Rails MySQL Kelly Services is an international Fortune 500...