Job Location: Saskatoon
Retail Sales Merchandiser at Hershey Canada Inc.
Temporary 6 months.
About The Hershey Company:
The Hershey Company, headquartered in Hershey, Pa., is a global confectionery company known for bringing goodness to the world through its chocolate, sweets, mints and other great-tasting snacks. Hershey has approximately 18,000 employees around the world who work every day to deliver delicious, quality products. The company has more than 80 brands around the world that drive more than $7.4 billion in annual revenues, including such iconic brand names as Hershey's, Reese's, Hershey's Kisses, Jolly Rancher and Ice Breakers. Building on its core business, Hershey is expanding its portfolio to include a broader range of delicious snacks.
At Hershey, goodness has always been about more than delicious products. For more than 120 years, Hershey has been committed to operating fairly, ethically and sustainably. Hershey founder, Milton Hershey, created the Milton Hershey School in 1909 and since then the company has focused on giving underserved children the skills and support they need to be successful. Today, the company continues this social purpose through 'Nourishing Minds,' a global initiative that provides basic nutrition to help children learn and grow. From neighborhoods across the United States to the streets of Shanghai and Mumbai and villages of West Africa, our goal is to nourish one million minds by 2020. To learn more - Visit: www.thehersheycompany.com
About the role:
A Part-Time role as a Retail Sales Merchandiser (RSM) is a great way for a relationship-oriented person to flex their selling skills while representing some of the biggest and most exciting brands! Our Merchandisers quickly build rapport with Store Management and use consultative selling skills to provide profitable retail solutions to Hershey customers.
In addition to gaining commitments for new product placements and seasonal promotions, our Merchandisers are responsible for creating best-in-class displays, replenishing product on shelves and maintaining the overall retail image of Hershey products by ensuring close attention to inventory presentation and age.
This position is considered “Permanent Part-Time” working 20 hours per week on a regular schedule of Monday – Thursday, 5 hours per day. On average, an RSM will visit between 6-10 accounts per day. No car allowance is provided; however, mileage for travel will be reimbursed at .48 cents per KM.
An RSM earns $19.85 per hour plus a 5% annual cash bonus target, part time benefits and paid vacation days.
• Use relationship-building skills to quickly establish rapport with store managers and key decision makers.
• Execute sales and merchandising plans in existing convenience store accounts. Detailed “Retail Execution Plans” will be provided.
• Use consultative selling skills to negotiate place of primary, secondary and end cap displays throughout the year and during critical seasons such as Easter, Halloween, summer, etc.
• Report daily sales activities through the use of an IPAD.
• Report weekly mileage, competitive activity, account changes, promotions as well as completing all administrative functions within assigned territory.
• Valid driver's license without restrictions and personal vehicle in sound operating condition.
• Proof of Insurance, a valid driver's license and a valid passport.
• Availability to work 20 hours per week. Regular work hours are Monday through Thursday
• Must reside within the territory boundaries (Lethbridge)
• Ability to operate an IPAD
• High School education preferred or equivalent experience.
• Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills with an ability to work under pressure to ensure timelines and/or deadlines are met
• Strong oral and written communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
• Detailed-oriented with fresh thinking and a demonstrated ability to work independently within a team environment
• Willingness to be a part of a high performing company that works hard and has fun!
So what do you say? Would you like to represent fun brands like Reese’s, Hershey’s Kisses, Twizzlers and Jolly Ranchers!?
If so…apply today! We’d love to hear from you!
Benefits and Perks of Working at Hershey Canada:
- Of course… exposure to some of the finest chocolate and non-chocolate confectionery
- Corporate social responsibility programs - because we should leave the world a little better
than we found it.
- Fantastic Rewards & Recognition Programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Hershey Canada, Inc. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the Talent Acquisition team of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
What is the opportunity? As an RBC Ambassador inside our branches, you will put clients first and find solutions to their individual needs. You will champion the RBC brand and drive business by...
Description Part time sales clerk position, evening and weekend shifts. Some experience would be an asset but not necessary, flexability, reliability and availability are a must. It starts with...
Postal Clerk - ADM014636 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s) : SK--Melfort and Area-Melfort Ministry : 013 Central Services Salary...
Field and Infusion Nurse - Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan - 00001PKK Are you looking to make a difference in a patient’s life? At Innomar Strategies, a company of AmerisourceBergen, you will find an...
Supervisor, Community Corrections - HUM007857 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--Melfort and Area-Nipawin Ministry : 003 Justice Salary Range: $35.164 -...
What is the opportunity? This unique position calls on your client-focused sales expertise and natural problem-solving skills to maximize each client interaction. Specifically, you help clients...
What is the opportunity? As an RBC Ambassador inside our branches, you will put clients first...
Description Part time sales clerk position, evening and weekend shifts. Some experience would be...
Postal Clerk - ADM014636 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s) : SK--Melfort...
Field and Infusion Nurse - Meadow Lake, Saskatchewan - 00001PKK Are you looking to make a...
Supervisor, Community Corrections - HUM007857 Employment Type: Permanent...
What is the opportunity? This unique position calls on your client-focused sales expertise and...