Position at Starlight Casino, Edmonton
Job Type: PT/Casual
Who We Are
Gateway Casinos & Entertainment Limited ("Gateway") is one of the largest and most diversified gaming companies in Canada. Operating in British Columbia, Edmonton and Ontario, Gateway has over 6,000 employees and operates 25 gaming properties with more than 280 tables, over 9,600 slots, 68 restaurants and bars and 272 hotel rooms. As the selected service provider for the Central Gaming Bundle in Ontario, Gateway will bring two more properties and one new planned build in Wasaga Beach or Collingwood to the Gateway portfolio when fully implemented. A multi-pronged growth strategy has seen Gateway diversify and expand its product offering, including developing proprietary casino and restaurant brands, which has dramatically improved the gaming customer experience while attracting new customers. This includes brands like Match Eatery & Public House, Atlas Steak + Fish and the new Halley's Club. In 2017, Gateway celebrated 25 years in the business of gaming and entertainment in Canada.
Why Work For Us
Gateway celebrates and empowers those employees who made it all possible. A career at Gateway means great people, a great atmosphere and career advancement opportunities across our 26 locations. Our employees thrive with ongoing training and leadership programs for all while working in an engaging and fun environment. Join us today!
This position is responsible for delivering the technical skill courses for table game positions under the close supervision of the Training Coordinator. The role supports, guides, and helps the trainees to achieve exceptional performance. The position is involved in projects across the table games department, based on a balance of operational needs and individual's development aspirations.
- Mentors and enhances the technical and theoretical skills of table games employees.
- Identifies training needs, reviews trainee progress and prepares training materials accordingly.
- Effectively uses core methods of teaching, distinguishing process from content.
- Responsible for evoking participation and creativity from trainees.
- Responsible for creating proper conditions for learning by ensuring all training resources are aligned with the course.
- Actively collaborates with training and other departments to ensure efficient operation of the course.
- Organizes, captures, and collects training documentation to provide accurate reports.
- Undertakes research and works to develop the current role to continuously improve the range of learning resources available to trainees.
What You'll Require
- 2 years of gaming experience
- 2 years of experience in adult education
- Post-secondary education in business or a related field
- General understanding of overall casino operations and technical training needs
- Knowledge and understanding of adult learning principles, and of a wide range of training methods, techniques, and formats
- Demonstrates professionalism, self-confidence, and authenticity
- Strong analytical, problem solving and dispute resolution skills
- Effective time management
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to multi-task
- Working knowledge with word processing, spreadsheets, email, internet navigation, and presentation software
What Is Next
Love what you see so far? For the best chance to hear from us, apply within 30 days of the posting date.
Not the right fit this time? Follow us on our careers social media pages!
Word/Data Processing Clerk III - Communications Administrative Assistant Job Number : 34571 The Edmonton Police Service, Communications Section is seeking three (3) well-organized temporary...
Sales Executive (SMERF Market) - JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District (18002F1K), JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District, 17 daysHere’s To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more than 500 global locations, is advancing the art of hosting so that our guests can travel brilliantly....
Coordinator, Age Friendly Edmonton 1 temporary up to 11 months Job Number : 34350 Are you passionate about building a city that values, respects and actively supports the well-being of seniors?...
Senior Financial Advisor - Urban - IIROC Requisition ID : 18017636 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Work Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton-4230 Gateway Blvd.N.W....
Senior Financial Advisor - MFDA Requisition ID : 18017451 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Work Location : Canada-Alberta-Edmonton-4230 Gateway Blvd.N.W. South...
Job Title Branch Manager - Edmonton Southbrook # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date November 22, 2018 Category Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Business / Strategic Management,...
Word/Data Processing Clerk III - Communications Administrative Assistant Job Number : 34571 The...
Sales Executive (SMERF Market) - JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District (18002F1K), JW Marriott Edmonton ICE District, 17 daysHere’s To Your Journey with Marriott Hotels, Marriott International’s flagship brand with more...
Coordinator, Age Friendly Edmonton 1 temporary up to 11 months Job Number : 34350 Are you...
Senior Financial Advisor - Urban - IIROC Requisition ID : 18017636 Position...
Senior Financial Advisor - MFDA Requisition ID : 18017451 Position Type: Regular Position...
Job Title Branch Manager - Edmonton Southbrook # of Positions Available 1 Closing Date November...