Full-Time Temporary: This position to last not later than December 14, 2018
Location: 4730 Kingsway, Burnaby
Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and solutions we provide are the foundation of our region’s economic, ecological and social health. This includes the areas of regional growth planning, air quality, water, liquid and solid waste management, regional parks, affordable housing and community engagement to over 2.5 million residents. We don’t stop, we don’t close and we do what is right, for now and for future generations.
We invite you to bring your skills, passion, and expertise to help us in our commitment to sustain and enhance our region’s livability. We offer competitive salaries; exceptional benefit packages with valuable pension plan; employee wellness and recognition programs; and many diverse opportunities for professional growth and development.
We deliver the exceptional services and solutions that have helped make this one of the most special, livable communities in the world, and we want you to join us. Help us shape the future of the Metro Vancouver region, and shape the place people want to be.
Our Parks, Planning and Environment Department is seeking a Technical Assistant who will provide data analysis and research assistance to professional planners in developing a regional ecological health indicator program to monitor the region’s ecological health and measure the performance of Metro Vancouver’s regional growth strategy (specifically, Goal 3 – Protect the Environment and Respond to Climate Change Impacts) and other ecological health-related initiatives.
The regional ecological health indicator program, may include:
- Research and recommendations of appropriate indicators (e.g. greenspace connectivity, watershed and stream health);
- Analysis of environmental GIS data to report out on selected indicators;
- Identification of data gaps and proposed methods to fill them; and
- Input from Metro Vancouver and member jurisdiction staff on indicator development.
passionate about using data to understand the environment, and your attention to detail and background in environmental sciences allows you to easily analyze GIS and other data to identify and clearly present trends and recommendations related to ecological health.
In this role, you will:
- Research, collect, analyze environment-related data and identify key data trends using GIS software and report to a superior on specific aspects of assigned projects; conduct and prepare reports on non-complex research topics.
- Assemble a variety of data from available sources to assist professional staff in their reply to specific requests for information and in their preparation of reports dealing with specified activities. This includes graphic materials such as charts, tables and maps
- Provide a variety of detailed technical information and assist the public and other municipal staff on matters related to the work performed; refer more complex or specialized inquiries to other staff.
- Perform related work as required.
To be successful, you have:
- Completion of the 12th school grade supplemented by post-secondary courses related to the work plus some work experience.
- Working knowledge of research methods, techniques and practices applicable to the field of research.
- Ability to research and analyze various factors relative to assigned projects, such as GIS and spatial analysis of environmental data.
- Ability to prepare non-complex research reports, such as identifying and define data requirements and gather, organize, analyze, interpret and validate environmental data from a wide variety of sources. As well as, reviewing the research methodology and statistical findings of others for technical accuracy.
- Ability to provide information and assistance to a variety of internal and external contacts.
Metro Vancouver seeks to achieve what humanity aspires to on a global basis – the highest quality of life embracing cultural vitality, economic prosperity, social justice and compassion, all nurtured in and by a beautiful and healthy natural environment.
Please follow this link http://www.metrovancouver.org/about/careers/ to our Careers page where you can submit your application by July 13, 2018.
Job Posting Job ID: 32073 Vancouver - Hospital Site Location: Employment Group: Management&Professional (AAPS) Job Category: Research & Facilitation Classification Title: Research&Facilitation,...
Field Sales Execution Manager, Metro (Lower Mainland, Sunshine Coast & Whistler), Arterra Wines Canada, 12 daysClose Field Sales Execution Manager, Metro (Lower Mainland, Sunshine Coast & Whistler) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job...
Social Editor/Presenter (English Services) - VAN00833 Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web) Primary Location Vancouver Position Language Requirement English Only Language Skill Levels (Reading /...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure companies. Flatiron builds roads, highways, bridges, rail, airports, dams, industrial, water and underground projects...
Job Description The Impact Assessment and Community Engagement (IACE) division is seeking a well-connected and experienced Fisheries and Aquatic Biologist to provide team support and technical...
Job Posting Job ID: 32053 (Repost) Vancouver - Hospital Site Location: Employment Group: Management&Professional (AAPS) Job Category: Research & Facilitation Classification...
Job Posting Job ID: 32073 Vancouver - Hospital Site Location: Employment...
Field Sales Execution Manager, Metro (Lower Mainland, Sunshine Coast & Whistler), Arterra Wines Canada, 12 daysClose Field Sales Execution Manager, Metro (Lower Mainland, Sunshine Coast & Whistler) Job...
Social Editor/Presenter (English Services) - VAN00833 Job Family Programming...
Flatiron is one of North America’s leading transportation and infrastructure...
Job Description The Impact Assessment and Community Engagement (IACE) division is seeking a...
Job Posting Job ID: 32053 (Repost) Vancouver - Hospital Site Location: Employment...