JOB POSTING: #858743
Job Title: Technical Analyst II, Servers and Storage
Reporting To: Manager, Servers and Storage
Organization: University Health Network
Department: UHN Digital
Location: Toronto, Ontario (Downtown)
Status: Permanent Full-Time
Salary: TBD (In Job evaluation)
University Health Network (UHN) is Canada's largest academic health sciences center and is affiliated with the University of Toronto. Building on the strengths and successes of our four remarkable hospitals, Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital and Toronto Rehabilitation Institute, UHN brings together new tools, technologies and talent to make us an international leader in healthcare and the ideal place to build your career. For more information on UHN, visit www.uhn.ca
As one of the specialists in IT Infrastructure Engineering - Servers and Storage, this position provides real-time operational support for various processes and technologies in the various UHN data centers. The role is a combination design and build activities supporting new IT infrastructure projects, and support activities of existing server and storage equipment.
The principal responsibilities of the TECHNICAL ANALYST II include: supporting all aspects of server and storage including, deployment and maintenance, supporting production Windows and possibly Linux servers supporting deployment, operation and maintenance-type activities on an on-going basis, working on several assignments simultaneously while supporting Technology Solutions Delivery and providing assistance in areas of technology expertise for University Health Network and its partners; operating with a limited degree of autonomy, exercising some independent judgment to resolve moderately complex problems; performing 3rd level incident and problem management; participating in Enterprise Architecture and Project Management Initiatives; acting as the support liaison between customers, departments and other technical teams to support technology solutions strategy and delivery; participating in change management activities in their domain(s) of expertise; supporting and evaluating systems, hardware and software solutions including new solution acquisitions and upgrades to existing technologies; contributing to the development of new and/or the improvement of existing policies and procedures; performing cross-functional and/or or other duties as assigned and/or requested.
The day-to-day responsibilities will involve some project work and significant support work. From the support side this includes keeping the servers in UHN’s data centers functional and operational.
Key responsibilities include administration and ownership of:
- Server Management work both hardware and Software
- Support Provisioning and Configuration of Servers from install, OS, monitoring, patching and backup applications
- Some Storage Management and deploying disks to Servers or as file shares as required
- Supporting Clients with Infrastructure specific help (e.g. OS configuration)
- This role is L3 support for all Servers and Storage queue incidents, problems, and changes.
System Administration responsibilities
- Acts as a Resolver for the relevant Servers and Storage queues and as an escalation path for other Digital groups
- Investigates and resolves a wide range of Server-related inquiries, including OS configuration, patching, login issues, file access issues, and application access issues
- Works with colleagues with specialties such as automation, OS/platform experts, storage, networking, technical support, etc. There will be some overlap in expertise and job function, where appropriate for optimum user experience
- Responsible for installing infrastructure tools (e.g., backup agents, monitoring, etc.) on servers
- Acts in full compliance with relevant UHN policies, established processes, and industry best-practices
- Contributes to investigation; performs root-cause analysis on technical problems; provide solutions using specific product knowledge, system utilities, and operating environment
- Works with Security Operations team where necessary
- Acts as a Resolver for the relevant Servers and Storage queues and as an escalation path for other Digital groups.
- Works with the Sr. Technical Specialist and manager to ensure all Servers and Storage systems and functionality meets current and future needs
- Ensures local service operation goals are accomplished, including the highest level of customer satisfaction
- Demonstrates a thorough understanding of all job-related functions and ensures work tasks/volumes are processed accurately and effectively on a day-to-day basis
- Supports Request for Change (RFC) preparation, submission and representation at Technical Change Advisory Board (TCAB) and/or Business Change Advisory Board (BCAB)
- Acts as a supporting contributor to organizational improvement initiatives, to revise/refine policies, processes and/or tools, recognized for cross-disciplinary expertise.
- Performs UHN Emergency Fan Out
- At a minimum 2 years community college practical and related experience 2 years on the job training required.
- The time spent on an area to become an expert would typically be 2 to 3 years.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working in a corporate environment managing, monitoring and/or operating Windows Servers and Storage systems at the level of a system or network administrator.
- Practical and working knowledge local area networks and interfacing/integration with other computers.
- Practical and working knowledge of Internet and client/server architectures.
- Good process analysis and application skills.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to systematically analyze situations/issues, identify options, draw logical conclusions and determine/recommend practical courses of action.
- Organizational change management skills.
- Able to work with multidisciplinary teams
- Ability to effectively deal with high priority unscheduled tasks and problems.
- Understands how various issues affect each other and the outcome of projects.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Microsoft Office and Outlook
POSTED DATE: June 22 2020 End Posting Date: July 6, 2020
For current University Health Network employees: only those who have successfully completed their probationary period, have a good employee record along with satisfactory attendance in accordance with UHN's attendance management program, and possess all the required experience and qualifications should apply.
UHN Digital thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted. For more information about UHN, do visit www.uhn.ca
Job Description An exclusive client is looking for a senior lead programmer analyst with leadership experience to be a valued member to their growing technology company. The ideal candidate should...
Dynamics CRM Lead Programmer Analyst Job: Dynamics CRM/ 365 Lead Programmer Analyst Job Type: Permanent Location: Georgia Company: End User My client is looking for a Dynamics CRM Lead Programmer...
ERP Admin - Dynamics NAV - Toronto, ON - $75K A manufacturing organization is looking for a NAV ERP Administrator to lead help desk, training, and reporting efforts and work with company...
NAV ERP Administrator - Toronto, ON - $70k A manufacturing organization is looking for a NAV ERP Administrator to lead help desk, training, and reporting efforts and work with company stakeholders...
WE ARE PEOPLEREADY Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions, putting people to work, for nearly 30 years. Whether you’re looking for work, or you’re seeking...
Are you a driven Property Administrator looking to join one of Toronto’s fastest growing Property Management companies? Are you looking for the opportunity to advance and grow you career? Our...
Job Description An exclusive client is looking for a senior lead programmer analyst with...
Dynamics CRM Lead Programmer Analyst Job: Dynamics CRM/ 365 Lead Programmer Analyst Job Type:...
ERP Admin - Dynamics NAV - Toronto, ON - $75K A manufacturing organization is looking for a NAV...
NAV ERP Administrator - Toronto, ON - $70k A manufacturing organization is looking for a NAV ERP...
WE ARE PEOPLEREADY Staffing. It’s what we know. Because we’ve been providing staffing solutions,...
Are you a driven Property Administrator looking to join one of Toronto’s fastest growing...