Looking for a great place to work? A place where an award-winning culture means empowerment, teamwork and a passion for what you do? Then think WestJet. It's a great place to land.
WestJet is an organization recognized by its delivery of a remarkable guest experience resulting in us achieving over $3B in sales. In order for our best-in-class airline to be this successful, we require the skills and talents of professionals like you to ensure our ongoing growth. In an industry that is dominated by legacy competitors, you have the opportunity to build your career with an organization driven by progressive strategies, leadership and practices. If you are looking to break out of the status quo by joining a company with a strong growth plan, which consistently ranks as one of the most profitable airlines in the world, and which has a vision to be a top five international airline, WestJet is the place for you!
Posting Open Date: 05/18/2018
Posting Close Date: 06/03/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Team Lead – Reliability
Reporting to the Manger of Reliability & Programs; The Reliability Lead is responsible to ensure that the Fleet Reliability Program meets or exceeds all Regulatory and Manufacturers requirements to maintain the aircraft as mandated by Transport Canada.
- Responsible for providing technical support, guidance, trouble shooting, and training as required to address ongoing and identified reliability issues to enhance technical dispatch and operational reliability performance for Tech Ops
- Share responsibility with the Manager of Reliability and Programs in managing and supporting the Part Number Master in the CMTS which would include monitoring of daily operations and major/minor projects
- Develop and maintain the department database, analyze data, identity findings and adverse trends, determine root cause and system/component failure and initiate corrective action
- Supports team manager and performs management duties when manager is absent or out of office
- Create, present and support technical reports and/or presentations as required internally and externally
- Professionally and actively represent the WestJet Reliability Department internally and externally at meetings, conferences, and seminars
- Lead analysis and provide data for justification of maintenance program revisions and modification programs
- Liaison with all functional areas of the maintenance department to improve reliability, cost reduction, warranty, maintenance program enhancement and support new programs and projects
- Technically support the Chair of the MRB in developing and delivering MRB meetings
- Identify and submit Service Difficulty Reports (SDR) to Transport Canada
Knowledge and Skill:
- Knowledge of policies and procedures established by WestJet, Transport Canada and Boeing as contained in the approved Maintenance Manuals is an asset
- Knowledge of reliability analysis and Maintenance Steering Group (MSG) II and III programs
- Demonstrated ability to use an innovative approach in the development of Aircraft Maintenance policies, procedures, and reliability programs
- Advanced understanding of the Computer Maintenance Tracking System (TRAX) and Microsoft Office products such as Excel, Word, Access, Outlook, etc.
Education and Experience Required:
- Recognized Diploma from a College/Technical School
- 10 years of experience in maintenance of transport category aircraft in any of the following areas; Line Maintenance, Heavy maintenance, Structures, Avionics
- Transport Canada recognized Aircraft Maintenance Engineering License required
- Strong knowledge and experience dealing with transport-type aircraft in a reliability environment
- Experience applying Reliability-centered Maintenance
- Boeing aircraft endorsements an asset
- Maintenance Management training an asset
- Boeing Maintenance Reliability and Cost Analysis Training and asset
WestJet is Canada's most preferred airline, operating over one hundred aircraft to destinations in North America, Central America, the Caribbean and Europe. We are recognized as a Top Employer in Canada and our more than 10,000 employees work hard to ensure we maintain our position as one of Canada's most respected corporate cultures. With the launch of WestJet Encore, we will continue our steady growth by offering flights and jobs to more cities in Canada.
We would like to thank all applicants in advance for their interest in WestJet. We believe in enriching the lives of everyone in WestJet's world and encourage applications from all qualified individuals. Our ongoing efforts toward evolving total diversity will continue to be the way we do business every day. As owners, we believe in celebrating everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences. WestJet is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
If you inspire greater creativity and innovation towards reaching new altitudes and meet the qualifications for the position in which you are interested, we welcome you to complete an online application. WestJet is a great place to land - powered by Talent and Growth.
At WestJet, the safety and security of our people and our guests is a core value and at the heart of what we do. As safety and security is a shared responsibility, it is expected that you will utilize safe work practices to ensure your well-being and the safety of others.
23 hours ago | Agribusiness - Equipment, Manufacturing and Technical - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 20 daysJob ID : 2485 JOB TITLE: Business Development, Geomatics REPORTING TO: General Manager, Geomatics LOCATION: Corporate Office, Calgary, AB - #301, 3345 8th Street SE, T2G 3A4 RME Geomatics, a...
Req ID: 72566 Department: Operations - Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Position Type: Non-Union Location: Calgary, Alberta Country: Canada % of Travel: 40-50% # of Positions: 1.00 Job Available...
First Cook Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee Status : Regular First Cook Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes...
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas;...
Accounting Clerk Location: Calgary Job Code: 3703 # of openings: 1 Description Caneda Transport has been in business for nearly 40 years and has an excellent reputation in the transportation...
Accounting Clerk Location: Calgary Job Code: 3702 # of openings: 1 Description Caneda Transport has been in business for nearly 40 years and has an excellent reputation in the transportation...
23 hours ago | Agribusiness - Equipment, Manufacturing and Technical - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 20 daysJob ID : 2485 JOB TITLE: Business Development, Geomatics REPORTING TO: General Manager,...
Req ID: 72566 Department: Operations - Engineering Job Type: Full-Time Position Type:...
First Cook Primary Location : Canada-Calgary-The Fairmont Palliser Employee...
Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees...
Accounting Clerk Location: Calgary Job Code: 3703 # of openings: 1 Description Caneda Transport...
Accounting Clerk Location: Calgary Job Code: 3702 # of openings: 1 Description Caneda Transport...