Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by people. Join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk and grow their businesses.
As a software company specializing in human capital management (HCM), Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. We have a variety of career growth (Top Talent, Career Pathing, Tuition Reimbursement, & Job Rotation) and Diversity/Inclusion (YOUnity and Ceridian’s Women Network) programs to support your career journey at Ceridian.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2017, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2017, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for 2017!About the Position:
Our team strives to combine strong technical and functional problem solving skills in an open, supportive environment which allows each team member to contribute to the team’s success. As a member of the team the primary role of a Tax Compliance – Business Systems Analyst will be to work with resources in all levels of the Development Team to ensure compliance of the Payroll Engine. This individual would be responsible for ensuring compliance and validating expected results from the Payroll Engine to ensure that the product delivers accurate payroll tax results.
- Requires knowledge of all phases of the US payroll taxation including but not limited to federal/state/local taxation, and the ability to gather requirements to validate compliance.
- Research tax requirements by US tax authority including federal, state and local tax agencies for each new tax year and record/update metadata.
- Maintain Payroll Engine requirements, including jurisdictional metadata for federal, state and local tax authorities including but not limited to tax rates, wage thresholds and limits, tax crediting and reciprocal taxation.
- Review and analyze issues reported by the developers, QA Analysts or end users to identify defects, participate in triage and assisting to deliver a quality resolution for the Payroll Engine.
- Prioritize and complete deliverables by prescribed timeframes to ensure milestones are met. Deliverables include all US tax requirements gathering, data maintenance, on-going support of Payroll Engine and other related duties.
- Serve as liaison between tax agencies, tax collectors, other authorities and internal departments, acting as a primary contact for the Payroll Engine on all matters relating to US payroll and taxation.
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent 5 years of related payroll and payroll tax experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- American Payroll Association Certification – FPC Knowledge of federal, state and local tax laws preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, both oral and written, are required at all levels of the tax agencies and other internal departments and personnel.
- Analytical ability, technical and quality orientation required in approach to reported issues, defect triage and problem resolution.
- Requires ability to apply moderate level of skill in applying a variety of tools and information gained from internal and external resources
- Must have skills to prioritize, organize and accomplish work timely to meet deliverables
- Ability to work independently without supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to complete detailed requirement documents for Development coding and QA use cases
- Must be proficient in MS Office tools; Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Business conducted across time zones, may occasionally require work beyond normal working hours
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and what makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, provincial or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
Connect with us on Twitter @CeridianCareers or Facebook CeridianCareers
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Advanced Analyst, Applications Run (B.I.)-20375 Description Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $917.5B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and...
Req ID 38407BR Title Sr Manager TSMS City Charlottetown State / Province Prince Edward Island Country Canada Region North America Company Overview E lanco Animal Health, a division of Eli...
Français About Us Pressroom Best Buy in the Community Career Alerts SEARCH JOBS Retail Opportunities Retail Management Opportunities Corporate Opportunities Distribution Centre/Service Depot...
Test Administrator - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (TTC) - (1720046) Description Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology,...
Title Operations Supervisor Company McCain Foods (Canada) McCain It’s All Good™ is our philosophy. As a food manufacturer, our business is driven by good people, making good food, from good...
Close Date Open Until Filled Collective Agreement Nurses City Malcolm Island Facility Sointula Health Centre Department/Work Area HPN Sointula Medical Clinic Days Off Weekend/Stats Job...
Advanced Analyst, Applications Run (B.I.)-20375 Description Invesco is a leading global asset...
Req ID 38407BR Title Sr Manager TSMS City Charlottetown State / Province Prince Edward...
Français About Us Pressroom Best Buy in the Community Career Alerts SEARCH JOBS Retail...
Test Administrator - Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island (TTC) - (1720046) Description Pearson...
Title Operations Supervisor Company McCain Foods (Canada) McCain It’s All Good™ is our...
Close Date Open Until Filled Collective Agreement Nurses City Malcolm Island Facility Sointula...