Full Time | Chilliwack East, BRITISH COLUMBIA | about 1 month | Deadline: 26 Jan 2018
This position has expired. Do not apply!
$42,307 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Posting Number: T18-07
Date Issued: January 18, 2018
Worksite: Sardis Secondary School
Contract Type: Temporary, Full-Time
Assignment Area(s): Secondary Chemistry
Effective Date: January 29, 2018 to not later than June 30, 2018
Deadline for Applications: January 26, 2018 – 12:00 pm
Electronic Applications must be submitted through Make A Future www.makeafuture.ca and include a Cover Letter, Resume, Teaching Report, Transcripts & the names of 2 supervisors who can comment on your teaching.
Required Abilities, Qualifications and Experience:
• extensive academic training, professional preparation and qualifications in teaching in all areas of this assignment at the secondary school level
• knowledge of, and successful experience with, the application of the Ministry of Education’s current philosophy, teaching practices and evaluation/assessment/reporting procedures as applied to the to all areas of this assignment at the Secondary level
• extensive academic training and qualifications (Chemistry Major) to teach Chemistry at the Secondary level
• demonstrated experience at successfully preparing students for advanced placement (AP) examinations
• a knowledge and commitment to the new Ministry of Education Secondary curriculum and a willingness to explore and implement Chemistry concepts from the new curriculum
• willingness to work with highly motivated students to ensure maximum success beyond graduation
• demonstrated ability to motivate, and provide success for struggling learners in Secondary Chemistry
• demonstrated ability to devise and use a variety of assessment processes that effectively allow students to demonstrate their learning
• demonstrated ability to consistently incorporate a wide range of effective classroom management strategies that maintain the dignity of students with an emphasis on a proactive approach
• an exemplary work ethic with proven ability to work as an effective team member
• proven ability as a curricular leader including exemplary organizational and time management skills, creative problem solving skills, effective team building skills and strong communication skills
• demonstrated commitment to a vertically aligned curriculum
• demonstrated commitment to the use of technology to enhance and leverage effective instructional practice and track student learning
• demonstrated commitment to use technology as part of a larger initiative to communicate consistently and effectively with parents
• demonstrated sensitivity, awareness and understanding of adolescent development and enthusiasm for developing positive relationships with adolescents
• willingness to work in a collaborative manner with staff, administration and parents
For Further Information Contact: Dan Heisler, Principal (604) 858-9424
(2 Full Time – Time Duration) If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who demonstrates initiative and want to work for a forward-thinking, creative employer, then this opportunity is...
Bethesda Christian Association supports people with disabilities and their families. Our Mission is walking alongside families, and serving people of all abilities, experiencing the joys and...
Full-Time Competition #2018-09 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six member municipalities and eight Electoral Areas, each containing numerous unique communities, cultures...
BC Public Service Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural Development Multiple locations First Nations Consultation Officer Bring your strategic orientation and exceptional...
(Full Time) The City of Chilliwack is looking for a strong leader, with several years of police or correctional experience, who is an energetic and ethical professional to fill the role of Jail...
Tzeachten First Nation 45855 Promontory Road Chilliwack, B.C. V2R OH3 Telephone 604-858-3888 Fax 604-858-3382 Director of Business Opportunities (DBO) Shxw Kwimel Cha Management Ltd, an...
(2 Full Time – Time Duration) If you are an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual who...
Bethesda Christian Association supports people with disabilities and their families. Our...
Full-Time Competition #2018-09 The Fraser Valley Regional District (FVRD) is comprised of six...
BC Public Service Ministry of Forests, Lands, Natural Resource Operations & Rural...
(Full Time) The City of Chilliwack is looking for a strong leader, with several years of police...
Tzeachten First Nation 45855 Promontory Road Chilliwack, B.C. V2R OH3 Telephone...