JOB POSTING #871679
Position: SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR
Site: PRINCESS MARGARET CANCER CENTRE
Department: SUPPORT SERVICES
Reports to: MANAGER
Hours: 15 HOURS PER WEEK; SAT/SUN/STATS 0730-1530
Salary Range: $29.84 - $37.30 per hour
Status: TEMPORARY PART-TIME (approx. 18 months)
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Support Services Supervisor in our Support Services Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
As an integral member of the Support Services Team the SUPPORT SERVICES SUPERVISOR plays a key leadership role by coaching, mentoring, training, providing direction and ensuring quality of the services they are responsible for. In compliance with Occupational Health and Safety Act and its regulations and Infection Prevention and Control Standards, the principle responsibilities include: performing administrative responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective operation of the service, ensuring quality standards are maintained through the performance of audits and feedback to staff, supporting and ensuring a collaborative working environment, using innovative ideas and concepts to provide leadership in effecting change and improving the quality of service within the framework of the UHN Quality Program; performing planning/project responsibilities; supervising and developing human resources, including assigning duties and responsibilities; performing financial responsibilities; monitoring and keeping equipment in good repair, performing cross-functional duties, as assigned or requested; performing other duties consistent with the job classification, as required.
- Completion of Grade XII + additional program under 1 year
- Minimum successful completion of a 3-year community college program in Healthcare Environmental Services Management, or successful completion of the OHHA Environmental Services Leadership Program/equivalent, or completion of the OHHA Environmental Services Leadership Program within 1st year of employment with UHN.
- Four (4) years housekeeping/linen supervisory experience
- Five (5) years housekeeping/linen/transportation supervisory experience required
- Four (4) years of housekeeping/linen/transportation experience
- Experience with Quality Improvement programs
- Experience with conflict resolution
- Experience with project management principles
- Knowledge of adult learning principles
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Technical knowledge of housekeeping, linen, laundry and transport equipment required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Knowledge of Accreditation ROP’s for Transportation, WHMIS, Public Health Ontario Environmental
- Cleaning Standards, Infection Prevention and Control, and Housekeeping Cleaning Standards &
- Procedures required.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (OH&S, Ministry of Labour) required
- Knowledge of patient transportation and dispatching procedures required.
Posted Date: February 16, 2021 Closing Date: Until Filled
University Health Network thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Close Retail Representative - Part-time - Toronto & North York Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job...
Close Sales Associate (Toronto) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Sales Years Experience:...
Press Helper - Toronto, ON 2220 Midland Ave, 50 Administration Isle Toronto, Ontario, M1P 3E6 Canada WestRock’s Toronto Midland Avenue location specializes in packaging concepts in several markets...
Industrial Electrician - Scarborough, ON 2220 Midland Ave, 50 Administration Isle Toronto, Ontario, M1P 3E6 Canada WestRock is a diverse, global organization, employing more than 50,000 employees...
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer-110K-Canada The Company: This Financial Service giant has provided incredible assistance and support to their client's most crucial needs, helping small and large...
Close Sr Customer Development Leader Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing,Sales Years Experience: 8-10...
Close Retail Representative - Part-time - Toronto & North York Job Posting Category: Experienced...
Close Sales Associate (Toronto) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Press Helper - Toronto, ON 2220 Midland Ave, 50 Administration Isle Toronto, Ontario, M1P...
Industrial Electrician - Scarborough, ON 2220 Midland Ave, 50 Administration Isle Toronto,...
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer-110K-Canada The Company: This Financial Service giant has...
Close Sr Customer Development Leader Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...