JOB POSTING #865940
Position: Manager, TR Support Services
Site: Toronto Rehab Sites
Department: Support Services
Reports to: Senior Director, Environmental Services & Nutrition
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: $83,011 - $103,779 per annum
Status: Permanent Full-time
University Health Network (UHN) is looking for an experienced professional to fill the key role of Manager, Support Services in our Support Services Department.
The Energy of the City. The Rewards of a Great Career.
The University Health Network, where “above all else the needs of patients come first”, encompasses Toronto General Hospital, Toronto Western Hospital, Princess Margaret Cancer Centre, Toronto Rehabilitation Institute and the Michener Institute of Education at UHN. The breadth of research, the complexity of the cases treated, and the magnitude of its educational enterprise has made UHN a national and international resource for patient care, research and education. With a long tradition of groundbreaking firsts and a purpose of “Transforming lives and communities through excellence in care, discovery and learning”, the University Health Network (UHN), Canada’s largest research teaching hospital, brings together over 16,000 employees, more than 1,200 physicians, 8,000+ students, and many volunteers. UHN is a caring, creative place where amazing people are amazing the world. Find out about our purpose, values and principles here .
In support of the Mission, Goals, and Strategic Direction of UHN, the Manager, Support Services provides exemplary leadership and maintains full accountability for the activities and quality of services provided by the Environmental Services, Transportation, Laundry & Linen team at the Toronto Rehab sites: TR-University Centre, TR-Bickle Centre, TR-Lyndhurst, and TR-Rumsey. The Manager, Support Services develops, implements and evaluates short and long-term plans which support and advance the department, site and/or corporate strategic priorities. In compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and its responsibilities and Infection, Prevention and Control Standards the Manager, Support Services is accountable to ensure that the standards of cleaning of patient care areas as well as offices and public spaces are in keeping with best practices for Hospitals. The manager of Support Services responds to issues, challenges, or dissatisfaction of customers. In addition, he/she is accountable for the Departmental quality program and improvement initiatives within the UHN Quality framework, staff satisfaction initiatives and provides developmental opportunities for both staff and supervisors to ensure continued growth and development. The Manager, Support Services is involved in all staff grievances and arbitrations. As a key partner in the organization, she/he is responsible for working with other leaders in the coordination of projects (construction, relocation, moves, event management etc.) and performs cross functional duties as required.
- Minimum successful completion of a 3-year community college program in Healthcare Environmental Services Management, or successful completion of the OHHA Environmental Services Leadership Program/equivalent, or completion of the OHHA Environmental Services Leadership Program within 1st year of employment with UHN.
- Minimum of 4 years practical and related leadership experience in healthcare support services.
- Proven experience leading and engaging a diverse and inclusive team.
- Superior business acumen and financial management skills.
- Experience managing and leading teams within a complex multi-site matrix.
- Proven program management, strategic planning and leadership skills.
- Experience in project management, administration and project monitoring and control.
- Excellent leadership, influencing, motivational, innovation and change management skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational skills required.
- Excellent problem recognition and resolution skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with strong attention to detail required.
- Excellent analytical skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office applications required.
- Experience with service request software systems for support services is an asset.
- Works in compliance of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, WSIB, MOL and their regulations. Reporting hazards, deficiencies and contraventions of the act/requirements is a timely manner
- Knowledge of regulatory legislation relative to Occupational Health, WHMIS, Environmental Services, and Transportation.
- Membership with Ontario Hospital Housekeeping Association preferred.
- Canadian Association of Environment Management preferred.
If you are interested in making your contribution at UHN, please apply on-line. You will be asked to copy and paste as well as attach your resume and covering letter. You will also be required to complete some initial screening questions.
Posting Date: October 29, 2020 Closing Date: Until Filled
UHN thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
UHN is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory Affair Must have a minimum of 8 years of direct experience with drug submissions. Experience with...
AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global payment and foreign exchange services,...
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein), Graeme C. Imrie & Associates, 19 daysClose Graeme C. Imrie & Associates Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level:...
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein), Graeme C. Imrie & Associates, 19 daysClose Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein) Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry:...
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that dates back to 1979. We offer a comprehensive range of global...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager - Survey based out of Mississauga for the Greater Toronto Area. This position specializes in the sale of the most innovative Geomatic...
University Degree in Science or Life Sciences and post-graduate certification in Regulatory...
AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management solutions specialist with a heritage that...
Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein), Graeme C. Imrie & Associates, 19 daysClose Graeme C. Imrie & Associates Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural...
Close Customer Service & Logistics Coordinator (Wellness Natural Inc. - SimplyProtein) Job...
Tracking Code 1087-489 Job Description AFEX is a trusted global payment and risk management...
Brandt is currently seeking a Territory Sales Manager - Survey based out of Mississauga for...