LOCATION: Fort Hills, Wood Buffalo, Alberta (CA-AB)
JOB NUMBER: 21106
Reporting to the area manager, you will be accountable to execute the project management program and planned maintenance to maximize our light and medium vehicle fleet availability.
- Address actions arising from audits, ensuring compliance with external regulatory requirements and effective application of Field Level Risk Assessments (FLRA), Focused Observations, Incident Learning Program (ILP), and meeting all health, safety and environmental standards
- Ensure compliance to all relevant Suncor policies and standards including the Management of Change (MoC) process and maintenance business processes and provide input into the development of area-specific procedures and standards
- Maintain high visibility in the workplace with the majority of time spent “on-the-shop-floor”
- Participate in the recruitment and development of capable and competent maintenance personnel and establish clear expectations and goals, review and manage performance and ensure provision appropriate training and development
- Work with the operations and maintenance planning and scheduling teams to prioritize, schedule and resource all maintenance work and execute the approved work schedule
- Track and monitor maintenance key performance indicators and report deviation from targets to develop corrective actions while working effectively with the reliability team to drive improvements in equipment performance
- Provide input to the annual maintenance plan and into equipment selection decisions
- Perform the functions within the SAP computerized maintenance system to correctly document, approve and assign the work that is performed on shift
Experience and Education
- Minimum five experience working in a heavy industrial environment such as oil sands/petrochemical industry experience
- Two or more years of supervisory experience
- Trade Certificate/Diploma or a Degree in Engineering or equivalent technical and operational experience
- Experience with light and medium-sized vehicles, tow trucks, knuckle boom cranes, skid steer loaders, zoom booms, light plants, generators and welders
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Valid driver’s licence and a clean driving record
Skills and Knowledge
- Deep understanding of engineering drawings such as process flow drawings (PFDs), piping and instrument drawings (P&IDs), general arrangement drawings (GAs), piping isometrics, electrical and mechanical drawings, single line drawings, etc
- Exhibit competency in the use of Microsoft Office and at least one industry standard Enterprise Resource Planning tool (preferably SAP)
- You collaborate with others in order to achieve the best results and deliver the most value
- Understanding of resource planning and team building
- You continually seek greater knowledge about the systems, processes and hazards in the workplace, in order to understand not just what you do but why you do it; a strong dedication to continuous improvement within safe work practices, procedures, and standards to ensure safe and reliable work execution
- This position has been identified as safety sensitive
- This is a camp-based position at the Fort Hills site
- The shift schedule is a seven days on/ seven days off rotation
Go ahead. Expect growth. We want you to have a job you're genuinely excited about - as well as opportunities to learn and challenge yourself or mentor others. Plus, Suncor Energy offers a flexible employee package that can be adjusted to suit the changing needs of your life, including:
- Competitive base salary and compensation programs
- Attractive annual incentive program
- Flexible benefits package
- Rewarding pension and savings plans
Our mission to create energy for a better world begins with caring about the communities we live and work in, while responding to your interests and concerns. Read our Suncor Connections newsletter to see how we're living up to our commitment to keeping you informed.
About Fort Hills
Fort Hills, a joint venture between Suncor, Total, and Teck Resources, is the largest undeveloped oil sands mining asset in the region. Located 90 kilometres north of Fort McMurray, you’ll travel in comfort from one of our Western Canadian hubs, or Fort McMurray. There, you will stay in a world class, modern yet comfortable, lodge-style accommodation. More information about life at Fort Hills is available here.
Suncor Energy is Canada's energy company - meaning rewarding opportunities for you to apply your knowledge, contribute and grow in a variety of career-building positions. Our business portfolio spans the entire energy sector, from a leadership position in oil sands development, to refining and marketing operations, natural gas, and conventional oil production, internationally and offshore East Coast Canada.
And while we are working to responsibly develop petroleum resources and contribute to the communities where we live and work, we are also developing our renewable energy portfolio, which includes wind power and biofuels.
As part of Suncor's team, you'll contribute to the ongoing success of Canada's largest energy company - one with a solid track record of growth, a focus on safety and sustainability and tremendous potential for the future. And you'll have the opportunity to learn from experts in the industry and build on your skills every day.
Suncor promotes diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Suncor is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. At Suncor, we are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communitities in which we live, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Not sure if this particular listing is the right opportunity for you? Please join our Talent Community at www.suncor.com and click on Careers, or follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter for the latest job listings and employment news.
Please note that our job postings are typically open for two weeks, so if you are interested and qualified, apply now.
JOB CATEGORY: Trade & Operators
2 to 4 years of accounting experience Bachelor degree in accounting or finance Energy, Oil and Gas industry experience is preferable At Kelly Services we are currently seeking Accounting...
Apply your extensive technical experience as a professional Geologist, and take on an exciting new A&D and Advisory opportunity focused on oil and gas within Canada and internationally. As a...
Job description As an Imperial geoscience technologist you will work with and enable your geoscience team to explore for, develop, or produce hydrocarbon opportunities. You will be provided...
Job description Under the guidance of an experienced Imperial Oil geologist or geophysicist, interns will apply petroleum geoscience principles and techniques employed in the exploration,...
Intermediate Cost Controller - (ECR0000VW) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine,...
In Repsol we are committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination. Therefore when you submit your application we do not ask for personal data such as age, gender, photograph, or any other...
2 to 4 years of accounting experience Bachelor degree in accounting or finance Energy, Oil and...
Apply your extensive technical experience as a professional Geologist, and take on an exciting...
Job description As an Imperial geoscience technologist you will work with and enable your...
Job description Under the guidance of an experienced Imperial Oil geologist or geophysicist,...
Intermediate Cost Controller - (ECR0000VW) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC...
In Repsol we are committed to equal opportunities and non-discrimination. Therefore when you...