CAN - Ontario
The Transportation Division of AECOM is seeking a motivated Summer Student/Checker Intern for immediate employment out of the Richmond Hill, ON office.
Imagine working on rewarding projects within a diverse culture, and having access to exceptional training and career development opportunities. Working at AECOM means being part of a global team, working with award-winning professionals across the world. Aspire to be a key player on some of the best projects regionally, with opportunities to work on projects nationally or internationally. Our people bring deep industry knowledge to help you succeed.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Become familiar with contract documents, specifications, standards, manufacturers' material specifications, and special provisions.
- Under the guidance of a Junior or Senior Quality Assurance Inspector:
- Supervise Quality Assurance testing and inspect grading, granular, concrete, asphalt, electrical and all other construction activities required as per the MTO Construction Administration and Inspection Task Manual
- Monitor the contractor's work for compliance with plans, standards and specifications prior to approving work and progress payments. Address the requirements of the MTO's Construction Administration and Inspection Task Manual
- Identify and document construction and/or QC deficiencies (from applicable contract/standard specifications)
- Resolve routine technical and administrative problems on a day-to-day basis and refer problems to Senior Inspectors and / or the Contract Administrator as necessary
- Maintain liaison with client staff, contractor representatives, property owners and general public during construction to resolve problems
- Assist the field office staff (Contract Administrator and Assistant, Office Administrator) in the performance of Field Office Administration duties
- Maintain Inspector's Diaries, detailing contractor's work, contract progress and inspection milestones.
- Prepare comments to support Contractor's Rating
- Review contractor’s application of and compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act, adheres to WHMIS, environmental, Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Waste Management requirements
- Become trained in and use a Nuclear Density Gauge for compaction testing
- Monitor weigh scales used for accuracy and compliance with statutes
- Review the acquisition and use of materials from approved sources only
- Transport material samples from project site to area laboratory
- Perform duties in accordance with AECOM Health and Safety policies, contractor’s Health and Safety Plan and in accordance with the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Other duties as assigned
- Willing to work extended / irregular shifts, including nights and weekends
- Valid Driver’s License and use of personal vehicle for travel to/from/on project sites
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Please note that AECOM does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Recruitment Fee Agreement, AECOM will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate without a previously signed agreement, AECOM explicitly reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of AECOM.
Vacation Student / Internship / Graduate
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Intern / Student
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Planner for employment in the GTA area - namely in either the Guelph, Mississauga or Markham offices. AECOM is pleased to include you in a...
• Performs a variety of tasks in support of the engineering staff. • Monitors and documents conformance with quality, performance, safety, and/or code requirements. • Activities may include...
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Ecologist for employment in the GTA area - namely in either the Guelph, Kitchener or Markham offices. AECOM is pleased to include you in a...
AECOM is currently seeking an intermediate level clean water Hydrogeologist to join our Ontario Geosciences Team (Hydrogeology Group), based in our office in Markham, Ontario. This position will...
AECOM is actively searching for a highly motivated Infrastructure Planning / Water System Engineer-in-Training with experience in municipal projects involving infrastructure planning and hydraulic...
• Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. • Gathers and correlates basic engineering data using established and well-defined procedures. • Works...
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Planner for employment in the GTA area...
• Performs a variety of tasks in support of the engineering staff. • Monitors and documents...
AECOM is actively seeking a highly motivated Entry-Level Ecologist for employment in the GTA...
AECOM is currently seeking an intermediate level clean water Hydrogeologist to join our Ontario...
AECOM is actively searching for a highly motivated Infrastructure Planning / Water System...
• Performs specific and limited portions of a broader assignment of an experienced engineer. •...