Student Support Specialist - (1805618)
Pearson is on a mission to help people make progress in their lives through learning. We are moving that mission forward by keeping up with the top issues in education today and constantly embracing, testing, and innovating new technologies that adapt to our ever-changing lifestyles. As Pearson is currently experiencing ongoing rapid growth and expansion in our Online Program Management division, we are looking for talented, driven, focused candidates that can exhibit a positive, can-do attitude as well as approach their work with vigor and determination.
The Student Support Specialist’s primary responsibility is to build an effective, trusting relationship with each student that ultimately promotes student persistence. This includes communicating with the student in an effective manner, setting goals, advising students on effective problem solving, assessing student risk factors and responding accordingly. The Student Support Specialist is responsible for representing the University or College brand and providing students with the institutional information, guidelines, policies and procedures regarding new and returning student enrollments. This includes providing academic course requirements, course registration, and timelines to complete all items regarding their degree program or course of study.Additionally, this position is responsible for managing accurate student information regarding their progress throughout the degree program.
Responsibilities are applicable based on the position focus/channel
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Guide and Monitor students’ progress regarding issues such as student orientation, course selection and registration, course materials, billing and navigating the online courses.
- Provide high touch support to students and act as the student’s main point of contact during their program of study.
- Follow established communication plan guidelines and protocol.
- Contact each new student to conduct a Learning Preparedness Assessment or similar process, including leading new student welcome/orientation calls. Communicate course information and required course materials to students to ensure preparedness well in advance of course start dates.
- Evaluate student’s abilities, interests and personality characteristics in order to provide regular guidance and support activities.
- Timely response to student’s inquiries – if a student inquires before noon a response is required by end of the current business day, if the student inquires after noon, a response is required before noon the next business.
- Completes all tasks as defined in the timelines assigned.
- Proactively contact students by telephone, email and other methods to build and maintain relationships.
- Acclimate new students to the learning environment including leading new student welcome/orientation calls and webinars.
- Advise students on university administrative matters (registration, withdrawal, course materials, financial aid, etc.).
- Maintain accurate and complete student enrollment records as required by university governance and all laws, policies and administrative regulations and policies, to include keeping accurate information in the CRM.
- Follow up with students that contacted Technical Support to ensure their issue is resolved.
- Identify and respond to at-risk behaviors by offering additional support and counseling.
- Meet or exceed student retention program metrics each term.
- Implement re-engagement initiatives to bring inactive students back into the program.
- Accurately and effectively communicate student feedback to internal and external departments.
- Escalate student retention concerns to Manager’s attention.
- Facilitate student requests for assistance such as contacting campus based facilitators for arranging additional academic tutoring and referring students to the appropriate university services.
- Attend all required internal and external professional meetings, telephone conferences and training workshops to maintain and improve competence.
- Using communication tools and protocol, share relevant information with other key stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred OR appropriate combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 1 year of previous Higher Education Administration or Student Services work experience desired.
- 2 years previous customer service experience in a high volume corporate or call center environment.
- Ability to work effectively across teams.
- Professional oral, written and communication skills for effective contact and presentation with stakeholders.
- The ability to multi-task, and work well under pressure with tight timelines.
Pearson Canada is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
: CA-ON-North York
CA-Toronto-105 Gordon Baker
105 Gordon Baker Rd
North York M2H 3P8
: Learning Delivery
: North America
: Regular Employee
: Individual Contributor
: Day Job
: Apr 15, 2018
Schedule: Full-time Regular
Senior Consultant, Capital Markets Career Program Requisition ID : 18016484 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Capital Markets Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-25 King...
Job Posting # 832153 Position: Social Worker, General Internal Medicine Site: Toronto General Hospital Department: Allied Health, Social Work Reports to: Manager Scale/Grade: D008 Hours: Various...
JOB POSTING #831886 Position: SOCIAL WORKER, Mobile Acute Care of the Elderly (MACE) Team Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL Department: ALLIED HEALTH Reports to: MANAGER Scale/Grade: D008 Hours: ...
Summer Employment Opportunities - Customer Service Operations - 2019( Job Number: 180007E8) Description Summer Employment Opportunities - Customer Service Operations- Are you a 2nd , 3rd or 4th ...
What is the opportunity? As a Business Analyst on our Business Performance team, you will support the strategy and improved business performance of the RBC Payments and Trade Operations group. RBC...
Industrial Engineering Assistant (Contract)( Job Number: 1814082) Brand : Estée Lauder Companies Corporate Departments Job : Manufacturing / Operations / Packaging Primary...
Senior Consultant, Capital Markets Career Program Requisition ID : 18016484 Position...
Job Posting # 832153 Position: Social Worker, General Internal Medicine Site: Toronto General...
JOB POSTING #831886 Position: SOCIAL WORKER, Mobile Acute Care of the Elderly (MACE) Team Site:...
Summer Employment Opportunities - Customer Service Operations - 2019( Job...
What is the opportunity? As a Business Analyst on our Business Performance team, you will...
Industrial Engineering Assistant (Contract)( Job Number: 1814082) Brand : Estée Lauder Companies...