Treaty Six Education Council is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual to fill the full-time position of Student Services Coordinator. Working as part of a collaborative team, with commitment to support and collaboration as their essential strength, the Coordinator is a valuable leader and is knowledgeable in the field of Special Education services, including those of Educational Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Language Pathology. The Student Services Coordinator is a supportive role that enhances the programming in the TSEC member Nation schools. Duties will commence on August 20, 2018.
- Provide or arrange mentorship for new Special Education teachers in the TSEC member Nation schools.
- Provide and arrange for monitoring and assistance in Individual Educational Plan Development and Behavior Intervention Plan Development.
- Screen and prioritize referral forms and ensure appropriate services are applied to referrals and report recommendations.
- Provide assistance in annual applications for special education funding to TSEC member Nation schools.
Assist teachers in getting materials and programs in place for students with special needs.
- Provide in-services that pertain to Special Education teachers and Educational Assistants as requested by the TSEC member Nation schools.
- Provide professional development for teachers at the TSEC member Nation schools.
- Provide resources for all schools on an as needed basis to be determined in conjunction with Director of Education and/or Superintendent of TSEC member Nation schools.
- Organize and coordinate student services files.
- Minimum of five years successful teaching experience within the field of Special Education.
- Familiarity with the needs and roles of the Educational Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Must be familiar with First Nations education and the federal government's Special Education guidelines
Skills and Abilities
- Educational institution
- School board
Policy and Program Experience
- Course equivalency standards
- University education
- Workplace training and development
- Conduct Research
- Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
- Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
- Develop the structure, content and objectives of new programs
- Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements
- Produce reports
- Provide on-going professional development, training and consultative services to teachers
- Administer education policies and programs
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Area of Functional Expertise
- Policy research and development
- Program administration or operations management
- Professional accreditation
- Public relations or communications
- Regulation or legislation policy interpretation and implementation
Area Of Specialization
- Community services
- Evaluation and measurement standards
- Multicultural education
- Special education
- Aboriginal or First Nations education
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Provincial Teacher's Certificate
- Perform administrative tasks
- Supervise other education policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Use computer hardware and software
Probation Officer/Community Youth Worker - HUM007550 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford Ministry : 073 Corrections and...
Child Protection Worker - HUM007737 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford Ministry : 036 Social Services Salary Range: $29.931 -...
Emergency Duty Worker - HUM007774 Employment Type: Expression of Interest for SGEU Term less than 9 months Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford SK--NorthBattleford and...
Emergency Duty Worker - HUM007770 Employment Type: Permanent Part-time Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford SK--NorthBattleford and Area-Lloydminster Ministry : 036...
HOUSEHOLD GOODS MOVER & PACKER Location: North Battleford Job Code: 3586 # of openings: 1 Description Jay’s Transportation Group Ltd. HOUSEHOLD GOODS MOVER AND PACKER LOCATION: NORTH BATTLEFORD,...
HOUSEHOLD GOODS MOVER/SWAMPER Location: North Battleford Job Code: 3587 # of openings: 1 Description Jay’s Transportation Group Ltd. HOUSEHOLD GOODS MOVER/SWAMPER (Part-Time) LOCATION: NORTH...
Probation Officer/Community Youth Worker - HUM007550 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or...
Child Protection Worker - HUM007737 Employment Type: Permanent...
Emergency Duty Worker - HUM007774 Employment Type: Expression of Interest for SGEU Term less...
Emergency Duty Worker - HUM007770 Employment Type: Permanent...
HOUSEHOLD GOODS MOVER & PACKER Location: North Battleford Job Code: 3586 # of...
HOUSEHOLD GOODS MOVER/SWAMPER Location: North Battleford Job Code: 3587 # of...