Treaty Six Education Council is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic individual to fill the full-time position of Student Services Coordinator. Working as part of a collaborative team, with commitment to support and collaboration as their essential strength, the Coordinator is a valuable leader and is knowledgeable in the field of Special Education services, including those of Educational Psychology, Occupational Therapy, and Speech and Language Pathology. The Student Services Coordinator is a supportive role that enhances the programming in the TSEC member Nation schools. Duties will commence on August 20, 2018.
- Provide or arrange mentorship for new Special Education teachers in the TSEC member Nation schools.
- Provide and arrange for monitoring and assistance in Individual Educational Plan Development and Behavior Intervention Plan Development.
- Screen and prioritize referral forms and ensure appropriate services are applied to referrals and report recommendations.
- Provide assistance in annual applications for special education funding to TSEC member Nation schools.
Assist teachers in getting materials and programs in place for students with special needs.
- Provide in-services that pertain to Special Education teachers and Educational Assistants as requested by the TSEC member Nation schools.
- Provide professional development for teachers at the TSEC member Nation schools.
- Provide resources for all schools on an as needed basis to be determined in conjunction with Director of Education and/or Superintendent of TSEC member Nation schools.
- Organize and coordinate student services files.
- Minimum of five years successful teaching experience within the field of Special Education.
- Familiarity with the needs and roles of the Educational Psychologist, Occupational Therapist and Speech and Language Pathologist.
- Must be familiar with First Nations education and the federal government's Special Education guidelines
Skills and Abilities
- Educational institution
- School board
Policy and Program Experience
- Course equivalency standards
- University education
- Workplace training and development
- Conduct Research
- Conduct statistical analyses to determine cost and effectiveness of education policies and programs
- Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops or symposia
- Develop teaching materials and other resources for program delivery
- Develop the structure, content and objectives of new programs
- Evaluate curriculum programs and recommend improvements
- Produce reports
- Provide on-going professional development, training and consultative services to teachers
- Administer education policies and programs
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
Area of Functional Expertise
- Policy research and development
- Program administration or operations management
- Professional accreditation
- Public relations or communications
- Regulation or legislation policy interpretation and implementation
Area Of Specialization
- Community services
- Evaluation and measurement standards
- Multicultural education
- Special education
- Aboriginal or First Nations education
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Provincial Teacher's Certificate
- Perform administrative tasks
- Supervise other education policy researchers, consultants and program officers
- Use computer hardware and software
Connecting you to Opportunity We are looking for a self-starter to join our team. As the Facility Assistant I, you will be responsible for tasks associated with receiving, processing and shipping...
Saskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List 2018/19, Government of Saskatchewan, 10 daysSaskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List 2018/19 - COR001778 Employment Type: Permanent Full-time Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions. They are...
Financial Services Representative II Requisition ID : 18013306 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Work Location : Canada-Saskatchewan-North Battleford-1262-101St Street...
Postal Clerk - ADM014637 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or more Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford Ministry : 013 Central Services Salary...
Regional Service Representative - ADM014754 Employment Type: Expression of Interest for SGEU Term less than 9 months Location(s) : SK--NorthBattleford and Area-North Battleford Ministry : 001...
Connecting you to Opportunity We are looking for a self-starter to join our team. As the...
Saskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List 2018/19, Government of Saskatchewan, 10 daysSaskatchewan Hospital Mental Health Correctional Officer Eligibility List...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and...
Financial Services Representative II Requisition ID : 18013306 Position Type: Regular Position...
Postal Clerk - ADM014637 Employment Type: SGEU Term 9 months or...
Regional Service Representative - ADM014754 Employment Type: Expression of Interest for SGEU...