Student Opportunity: Marketing Coordinator Student - Edmonton
# of Positions Available
February 11, 2018
Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Marketing/Communications, Marketing / Product
Student (Post Secondary)
Edmonton - Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3 CA (Primary)
Other Coursework completed
Student Opportunity - R&B Marketing (RFS & ATBIS) Student
We don’t want you to make coffee. We want you to make a difference. We want you to be ALL IN!
ATB is more than just a bank and ATB 101 is more than just a summer job. You’ll find a diverse range of positions, from Corporate Finance to Marketing and Innovation, but we’re all working towards the same goal: to create happiness for our customers and each other, deliver outstanding results and have fun doing it.
We want to make our team members richer, and we don’t just mean financially. We’ve made it our priority to invest in every aspect of your personal growth and give you the opportunity to build a network of other top students.
Is #ATB101 something you want to be a part of this summer? If so, ATB Financial Reputation and Brand is THE place to work and there is a unique opportunity available to help you jumpstart your career! Our ATB 101 students play an integral role in the success of our business and have the opportunity to contribute greatly to our growth with challenging, rewarding and diverse opportunities – way beyond making coffee!
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Marketing, this role will be responsible for supporting the Reputation & Brand (Retail Financial Services & ATB Investor Services) Marketing team in the attraction and retention of personal banking and investment customers. The successful candidate can expect to be actively involved in sponsorship activations, and regional and local marketing activities.
The R&B Marketing (RFS & ATBIS) Student will work with the R&B Marketing team to:
- Collaborate with branches and ATB team members to identify their marketing objectives and create programs and tools that help them achieve business goals.
- Coordinate local marketing initiatives, including opportunity identification, concept development, brief preparation, collaboration with internal stakeholders, execution, launch and communications.
- Coordinate R&B Marketing digital channels including a marketing portal and print on demand site.
- Contribute to research on industry trends, competitors, and market analysis that will be used to influence strategy.
- Event support, including sponsorship activation and new branch/agency openings.
- Contribute to measuring the effectiveness of marketing programs and channels.
No matter what you do, you will get to make a difference!
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- A solid understanding of key marketing principles including the ability to write a marketing plan or brief and execute it. Previous marketing, project management, and business experience preferred.
- The ability to think creatively about problem solving and to ask probing questions to get to the heart of a client’s needs and to translate them into actionable solutions.
- An innovative approach to marketing, with an eye on finding new ways to achieve results.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently, with the drive to set personal deadlines and achieve them.
- The ability to source, analyze, digest and translate customer and market research into meaningful insights to influence a strategy.
- Tech-savvy with the ability and experience in managing digital based, online tools.
- Ability to stand up, speak out, and identify opportunities for change
- Eagerness to roll up your sleeves, take on and seek out new challenges
- An innovative, digital and entrepreneurial growth mindset. Someone works well in a virtual environment
- Collaboration magnet, connecting and collaborating with diverse groups – people just LOVE working with you
- You are customer obsessed and know how to deliver WOW to your customers and your teammates
- Enrolment in a post-secondary college or university marketing and/or communications program.
To learn more about what you can expect from us as a summer student at ATB, click here .
Term: 4 months (April 30, 2018 - August 24, 2018)
How to apply: If this opportunity excites you and sounds like a perfect fit to elevate your classroom learning to the real world.
*** TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING STEPS ***
- Why you think ATB will provide you with the WOW experience you are seeking for your summer term.
- About an experience or initiative you have participated in within your community and the impact it has had on you.
- How you build trust within your working groups.
- How you find a way to get things done.
- If doing a video please keep it around 5 mins long (preference would be a YouTube video)
- Max 10 slides for presentations
- Max 500 words for essays
*** NOTE: Add your story to the cover letter area. If you decide to share a link with us, please make sure it is publicly visible content so that we can view it.
The Waiting Game: We’re so grateful to have many qualified candidates express interest in our career opportunities. Only those selected to progress to next steps in our hiring process will be invited to join us in-person for further conversations.
Find out more about the ATB 101 Program by reading about our past ATB Capstone winners or connect with us and our ATB 101 Ambassadors by joining our ATB 101 Talent Community on LinkedIn.
Customer Experience Summer Student (Assessment and Taxation) 4 months Job Number : 32610 Listen to this brief interview with Cole, Swathi and Madeline, as they share their experiences as Summer...
SUMMER STUDENT 2018: Community & Volunteer Assistant Are you a motivated, energetic individual looking for summer employment with an amazing sport organization? Do you want to help enrich your...
Articling Student 1 year Job Number : 32371 The City of Edmonton's Law Branch is seeking one (1) articling student for the 2019/2020 articling year If you are a motivated law student with a keen...
Relief Labourer SE District - Indigenous Summer Student Opportunity 4 Months Job Number : 32549 The City of Edmonton is committed to hiring a diverse workforce that is reflective of the community...
Recent Graduate Heritage Planner (Opportunity Concept Planner I) 8 months Job Number : 31707 1 temporary full-time Opportunity Concept level Planner I position with a duration of approximately 8...
Summer Student - Fitness and Active Lifestyle Unit 2018 August 31 Job Number : 32636 ** This posting is for one (1) Full-Time Temporary position intended specifically for students currently...
Customer Experience Summer Student (Assessment and Taxation) 4 months Job Number : 32610 Listen...
SUMMER STUDENT 2018: Community & Volunteer Assistant Are you a motivated, energetic individual...
Articling Student 1 year Job Number : 32371 The City of Edmonton's Law Branch is seeking one...
Relief Labourer SE District - Indigenous Summer Student Opportunity 4 Months Job...
Recent Graduate Heritage Planner (Opportunity Concept Planner I) 8 months Job Number : 31707 1...
Summer Student - Fitness and Active Lifestyle Unit 2018 August 31 Job Number : 32636 ** This...