Position ID: J0318-1292
Job Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Division: Human Resources
Job Category: Human Resources
Number of Positions 2
Keeping You Moving:
RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide.Our people are committed to building a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving – for customers, for their colleagues and as part of their own growth and development. In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. You will be working in an environment that encourages you to do great work and you constantly will be faced with fresh challenges that have a direct impact on our business. We believe your personality and passion will keep RSA and our business moving forward. At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with a competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.
Reporting to the Vice President, People & Change incumbent will be responsible for delivering senior level HR consultative support to assigned members of the Canadian Executive team and their direct reports, developing future-focused people strategies for a functional department or group of departments. Working within the particular department(s), this role operates as an integral part of the management team. Key attributes for success include thought leadership, influencing, relationship building and decision making skills to shape HR priorities to drive local business and their people agenda. This role translates HR insight and metrics into business impact, and understands business needs to shape HR initiatives, enabling true partnership between the business and HR function. Partnering with an Executive Member or a significant group of Executive’s Direct Reports, in either case a material client group in terms of FTE, costs and revenue, and material to achieving long term Canadian business objectives. The nature of the activities will be dynamic and complex.
Who you are:
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role:
Specifically, the responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
• Leading the people agenda for the business function – translating HR strategy for the business function so that the business/financial impact of People and HR strategies are understood and leveraged to support business results
• Maintaining expert knowledge of the business unit or department being supported and defining effective, progressive people strategies to support business objectives
• Provide strategic coaching for the Executive member being supported and/or their Direct Reports as applicable to enable optimal performance by senior leadership population
• On behalf of the business unit or department(s) you support, act as advocate to shape the overall Canadian and Group HR activities/agenda to ensure alignment with business requirements. Operationalize programs and initiatives
• Identify any improvement opportunities ( through sourcing, tracking and understanding of key HR metrics for applicable business area), and shape and drive projects to address any gaps or risk
• Assess people impacts through business changes and lead change management planning initiatives
• Lead business in developing effective org design including structuring teams according to defined OD principles and best practices
• Identify employee engagement needs and opportunities for the business unit or department and coach for engagement impact, leading initiatives where required
• Facilitate & embed performance management discipline across business unit, ensuring consistency of approach and rigor across Canadian operation
• Identify capability gaps and shape training plans to effectively address leadership and development issues throughout the business unit
• Work with other HR COEs to develop and implement change, Organizational Design and talent development strategies to impact business unit effectiveness and engagement
- As a senior member of the HR team, model behaviors and actively coach, lead and support the professional development of other team members within the HR function
- Appropriately source internal and external expertise (working in collaboration with COEs) to create unique and customized people solutions for the business/department
- Maintain up to date knowledge of HR and business trends and demonstrate future focus
What you bring to this role:
• At least 10+ years of progressive senior level HR leadership
• Expertise in large-scale transformation program planning, management, and control methods and tools
• Deep knowledge of HR strategy, operations and industry practices (e.g. models, trends, and market shifts)
• Experience with HR change initiatives, HR transformation, process optimization and HR technology implementations
• Experience working with and managing multiple third party vendors
• Ability to break down barriers and gain commitment to project goals and objectives
• Proven negotiation, influencing, interpersonal and relationship management skills
• Highly networked and respected within the organization
• Ability to lead and manage stakeholders and lead in the absence of formal authority and in a matrix setting reporting structure
• Ability to rally support, enforce decisions, make the changes “stick” and build collaboration across the organization
• Ability to manage diverse teams and business units
• Exemplary change management skills and experience with leading large scale change initiatives
• Ability to diligently integrate across groups and work streams where integration is critical to success
• Strong project and portfolio management acumen and discipline
• Continuously pushing self and others to improve
• Potential and desire for succession within the organization
• Coaching, leading and developing people
• Building effective relationships
• Effective influencing strategies
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line. RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email AODA@RSAGROUP.CA or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.Skills:
- Analytical skills
- Business Partner
- Decision Making
- Influencing skills
- Negotiation skills
- Operational planning
- Problem solving skills
- Relationship Building/ Management
Where did you first learn about this position?*
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.
Johnson is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Human Resources Consultant - 180006WW Job Summary Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, this role proactively partners with Centers of Excellence and Shared Services to formulate and communicate...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your...
Req Id: 210456 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 163,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service...
HR Generalist-R_034217 Description This position is part of the Marsh Canada Human Resources team supporting the US / Canada region. This position is located in Toronto and has a focus on...
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: CGI has an exciting career opportunity for a senior SAP HR/HCM Senior Consultant to assist with a team of functional...
Human Resources Consultant - 180006WW Job Summary Reporting to the VP, Human Resources, this...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We...
Req Id: 210456 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million...
HR Generalist-R_034217 Description This position is part of the Marsh Canada Human Resources...
City: Toronto, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: CGI has an...