160 QUEENSWAY EAST, SIMCOE, ON, N3Y 0A8
What started small, with a single discount store and the simple idea of selling more for less, has grown over the last 50 years into the largest retailer in the world. Walmart Canada was established in 1994 through the acquisition of the Woolco chain and has grown to more than 400 stores nationwide serving more than 1.2 million customers every day. Walmart Canada's flagship online store, walmart.ca is visited by 600,000 customers daily. With more than 95,000 associates, Walmart Canada is one of Canada’s largest employers and is ranked as one of the country’s top 10 most influential brands.
A Store Standards Associate-Fresh maintains store cleanliness and creates a great shopping experience for our customers by keeping the store’s entrance and vestibule clean and clear of clutter, emptying the garbage bins in the front of the store and keeping the fixtures and floors within the fresh department clean and mopped. This will be completed while adhering to Walmart’s Core beliefs and values.
• Practicing the 3 meter Attitude. – Greet customers in warm and friendly manner when they are within 3 meters
• Ensuring a great shopping experience for customers by proactively maintaining store cleanliness standards in a safe and efficient manner
Maintains store operational standards by:
• Emptying the garbage cans in the front of the store
• Sweeping, mopping and emptying garbage at the store’s entrance and vestibule
• Cleaning entrance windows and doors
• Sweeping and mopping the floors and under fixtures in the fresh departments (6 inches from floor and down)
• General surface cleaning of all fresh fixtures (as required)
• Communicating with management team for various tasks around the entire store
Practices safe work habits by:
• Stretching/warming-up prior to shift.
• Being knowledgeable of and following emergency and safety procedures.
• Following Health and Safety guidelines.
• Keeping the area N.C.O. and free of fixtures, unnecessary debris, foreign objects, and liquids.
• Maintaining unblocked and unlocked exits.
• Using proper lifting techniques.
• Stable stacking of merchandise.
• Wearing proper reflective vest during cart collection for visibility and safety.
• Additional cleaning duties when day porter is not present: safety sweeps, washrooms, associate lounge
• Partners with Store Standards as necessary to assist with cart collection and responds promptly to requests at all registers and safely assists customers with carry outs or carry ins and verifies receipts for proof of purchase
• Adheres to all company policies and standard operating procedures
Canada Walmart Division
Retail Store Associates
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Mathematical Skills • Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. • Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. • Ability to determine the number of individual things in a unit or group. Basic Reading/Writing Skills • Ability to understand the meaning of written or printed matter and to record information by inscribing characters or symbols.
Licensing & Other Qualifications
The Associate must complete all Wal-Mart Basic and Advanced Training Modules and classes
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an Associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. • The Associate is regularly required to walk or stand. • The Associate must regularly lift and/or move up to 18kg (40lbs.). • The Associate will be required to perform tasks involving firm grasping. • The Associate will occasionally be required to bend, twist or squat. • The Associate will be involved in frequent repetitive hand actions. • The Associate will be required to reach above shoulder height and below waist level.
SA: 07:00am - 10:00pm
SU: 07:00am - 08:00pm
MO:07:00am - 10:00pm
TU: 07:00am - 10:00pm
WE:07:00am - 10:00pm
TH: 07:00am - 10:00pm
FR: 07:00am - 10:00pm
Walmart will accommodate the disability-related needs of applicants and associates as required by law.
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million residents and 163,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. Committed to service...
CUPE JOB POSTING #823253 Position: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL Department: SUPPORT SERVICES Hours: 37.5 Hours per week. MON-FRI 2300-0600 Status: Permanent...
CUPE JOB POSTING #823271 Position: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE Site: TORONTO WESTERN HOSPITAL Department: SUPPORT SERVICES Reports To: ...
Operations Manager Requisition ID : 18017553 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Support Work Location : Canada-Ontario-Toronto-5650 Yonge St 22th Unposting Date : Nov 8,...
Assistant Store Manager- Yorkdale (Opening November 2018) Main Responsibilities: Support the operations of the store, including the business performance, customer service and company image in the...
Sales Associate, Gucci - Nordstrom Toronto Eaton Centre (Temporary) Role Mission The Gucci Temporary Sales Associate, which is a 10 week position, is responsible for providing our customers with...
The Region of Peel serves a vibrant and culturally diverse community of more than 1.4 million...
CUPE JOB POSTING #823253 Position: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE Site: TORONTO WESTERN...
CUPE JOB POSTING #823271 Position: ENVIRONMENTAL SERVICES AIDE Site: ...
Operations Manager Requisition ID : 18017553 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full...
Assistant Store Manager- Yorkdale (Opening November 2018) Main Responsibilities: Support the...
Sales Associate, Gucci - Nordstrom Toronto Eaton Centre (Temporary) Role Mission The Gucci...