Retail Management Opportunities
7090-PRAIRIE DISTRICT OFFICE
It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it’s an unwavering desire to know about every product and service found within our walls and on our shelves. But whatever it is for you, we want to empower you to feel confident in unleashing it. Because at the Home Depot, the world’s largest home improvement retailer, we know that the difference in our associates is what makes the difference for our customers.Discover how you can help others achieve their home improvement dreams. Apply to work at The Home Depot today.
- Current SHRM’s Interested in TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY
- Drive the store’s HR Review process to accurately assess talent. Coordinate Associate surveys and assessments as necessary
- Manage the hiring process to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and policy. Forecast and analyze workforce-planning data and provide feedback to management team
- Execute store’s staffing strategy focusing on proper full-time to peak-time ratio, certified specialists, diversity and demographics.
- Recommend final candidates for job openings with start rate proposals to store manager for approval
- Effectively execute Associate training needs and quality of store’s training delivery, including training on AR/HR issues and ensure all management is trained on relevant Federal and Provincial employment laws.
- Drive the review process for consistency, fairness, timelines and effective utilization of payroll to maximize store performance. Ensure that managers and supervisors are developing strong Associate game plans. Work with store management team to identify and develop talent
- Ensure proper payroll administration and effective wage management with store manager
- Ensure that each Associate has an opportunity for career development and understands his/her growth opportunities
- Proactively maintains a positive Associate relation’s environment that supports the Open Door policy. Handle Associate issues and concerns to maintain a positive work environment and support the Company’s goal to attract, motivate and retain a high-performing diverse workforce
- Work with Regional Human Resource Manager and Director, Employment Practices to investigate and coordinate the handling of associate issues.
- Make decisions regarding counseling and termination of Associates Benefits and Healthcare Management
- Ensure proper administration of benefits information including healthcare, DPSP, Worker’s Compensation, Associate Services, and the Homer Fund
- Manage internal communication in store. Responsible for all District, Division and SSC communication including Store Meetings, Town Halls and Breakroom communications
- Ensure that the store has active Team Depot and Wellness programs
- Safety expectations for this role are outlined under The Home Depot Canada Environmental Health & Safety Management system element under "Supervisor".
- Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (V2 – Valued Associate, Well Positioned)
- 3-5 years HR Generalist or related experience
- 2 years of Management experience
- Degree in Human Resources Management or related field is a preferred qualification
- CHRP certified or be working towards certification
- Good knowledge of store operations, employment and labour laws
- Excellent organization, time and deadline management skills. Excellent communicator ability to communicate well with all levels. Highly committed individual with a passion for people and doing what is right for our associates and the organization
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including nights and weekends
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. If helping people comes to you as naturally as smiling, then our customer-facing career opportunities may be a perfect fit you. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Last Date to Apply
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions. They are...
Home Solutions Advisor - Grande Prairie - TEC10745-18 Description Join our team Broadband Networks is laying the foundation for the future – connecting homes and businesses across Canada to our...
At Shark Club we focus on and maintain the work culture and atmosphere that makes our employees love their job and love working for us. Here's why: Respect! We employ people who CARE about others...
Logistics Coordinator, Grande Prairie, AB Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great question! Safety is a core value at Nutrien Ag Solutions. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our...
Sales Representative (KR) | Prairie Mall, Grand Prairie, AB - RET21124-18 Description Are you looking for each day to be different? Are you a positive and motivated person looking to be a part of...
Job Description We are currently seeking a Manager – Northern Development to join our team in Grande Prairie. Reporting to one of our Line of Business Managers, the Manager – Northern Development...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and...
Home Solutions Advisor - Grande Prairie - TEC10745-18 Description Join our team Broadband...
At Shark Club we focus on and maintain the work culture and atmosphere that makes our employees...
Logistics Coordinator, Grande Prairie, AB Why work at Nutrien Ag Solutions? Great...
Sales Representative (KR) | Prairie Mall, Grand Prairie, AB - RET21124-18 Description Are you...
Job Description We are currently seeking a Manager – Northern Development to join our team...