Performs all duties related to preparing and baking products that are consistent with WFM quality standards.
All Whole Foods Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures. Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. Team Leaders are required to spend significant time on the floor, engaging with customers, and pitching in to help whenever and wherever needed. All positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations.
- Measures, mixes, and prepares raw materials according to company specifications and recipes.
- Forms, cuts, molds, shapes, and bakes dough.
- Monitors cooking completion times and sets heat and humidity temperatures for proof box.
- Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Ensures temp, sweep, and sanitation logs are completed.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Thorough product knowledge.
- Working knowledge and application of all merchandising expectations within the department.
- Working understanding of and compliance with all WFM quality goals, policies and procedures.
- Basic math skills for recipe conversions and modifications.
- Ability to use point of sale electronic systems.
Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
- 6-12 months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact the local Human Resources office at the worksite where you are applying for a position.
Facities Maintenance Technician - WD30054463277 What you will do: Customer Service Responds to customer needs, inquiries and requirements in a professional, prompt, respectful and courteous manner...
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Tangerine Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Tangerine FIU Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorist Financing...
Description Job Purpose: Educational Assistants provide a range of support services that help students to achieve their academic, social, physical and personal potential. Educational assistants...
Surety Client Executive-R_032320 Description Responsible for maintaining and expanding a large book of surety business containing complex and priority accounts across various industries or...
Responsibilities: Retaining customers and ensuring customer satisfaction Responsible for all client communications & conflict resolution. Ensures that client issues are dealt with in an efficient...
Job Posting #832205 Position: Nurse Practitioner - Bariatric Program Site: Toronto Western Hospital Department: Bariatric Hours: 37.5 hours/week; Days/Evenings Status: Temporary Full Time...
Facities Maintenance Technician - WD30054463277 What you will do: Customer Service Responds to...
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Tangerine Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) is responsible for...
Description Job Purpose: Educational Assistants provide a range of support services that help...
Surety Client Executive-R_032320 Description Responsible for maintaining and expanding a large...
Responsibilities: Retaining customers and ensuring customer satisfaction Responsible for all...
Job Posting #832205 Position: Nurse Practitioner - Bariatric Program Site: Toronto Western...