Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™
This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well.
Ceridian is a cloud company powered by our people. As an innovative fast-growing global, human capital management (HCM) technology company, join us as we transform the world of work for millions of employees around the world. Our products help employees be paid on time, apply for promotions, grow their careers, and support their work/life fit. Our solutions and our people work together to help organizations control costs, save time, optimize their workforce, minimize risk, and grow their businesses. We are proud of our many recent accomplishments, which include setting a record in the TSX as the largest tech IPO in Canadian history, and having our leader recognized as a Top CEO by Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice awards for the third time.
Ceridian has not only invested heavily in cloud software development but in its people as well. Our workplace experience provides employees with empowering programs for career growth and includes diversity/inclusion groups to support every person’s career journey. At Ceridian we not only work hard, but we play hard too. Each office has its own unique Fun at Work experience which includes events such as social hours, team building competitions, and other fun occasions for all employees to enjoy. We believe in giving back to the communities that we live in, by volunteering our time and contributing to our own charity foundation, Ceridian Cares. We also have a wide-range of flexible benefits to support our people’s work life blend and meet their needs.
We are looking for fun, intelligent, team-oriented people who believe in our values: Customer Focus, Transparency, Diligence, Optimism, and Agility.
Find out why Ceridian employees declare Ceridian a Great Place to Work® in 2018, a Glassdoor Best Places to Work in 2018, and one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers for the 15th consecutive year!
As a Sr. Software Developer, you will:
• Join an energetic global team of Product Owners, Business Analysts, Developers and QA where daily collaboration across these groups is a key part of our success.
• Use Java, DB2 and various modern web technologies to develop Canada’s largest small-business payroll system.
• Get away from your desk to work collaboratively with the development team and our various stakeholders in Service, Sales and Product Management.
• Actively contribute during daily Scrum meetings
• Use your considerable UX experience to help us reinvent the Powerpay user experience for over 45,000 small businesses across Canada
• Maintain a high level of unit-test coverage to catch and prevent feature regressions
• Promote and encourage the use of proper design patterns and best practices, through regular code reviews.
What we are looking for:
• 5+ years of experience with Java in a web environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of modern web technologies including: HTML 5, CSS 3, SVG, JSON, etc.
• Robust Database design and SQL query expertise
• Significant web-based UX experience, including in-depth knowledge of industry standards and emerging best-practices
• Promoter of Continuous Integration & Deployment
• Someone who puts their team first and knows how to contribute to a strong team
• A personal commitment to high quality coding standards
• A track record of leading innovation
• Disciplined self-starter
• Excellent communication and collaboration skills
• Personal commitment to self-development
• Passion for solving hard problems
• Someone who knows how to have fun!
Additional Skills or Experience that would be a bonus:
• Experience with C++, C#
• Experience developing in an Agile environment
• Android or IOS Development experience
What we offer:
• Modern development hardware that includes dual widescreen monitors & fast, thin laptops for working on the go
• A truly flexible working environment with flexible hours and opportunities to work from home or even nearby coffee shops
• Real “5% time” to innovate and tackle new projects
• Fun@Work events like socials, poker tournaments and scavenger hunts as well as a games room with a Pool table, video games and popcorn
• We promote training opportunities and continuous learning
Technologies we use:
Ceridian combines the excitement of a startup environment, with the growth opportunities of a large organization. We believe our employees should be happy and healthy, with peace of mind and a sense of fulfillment. We provide our employees with comprehensive benefits for various life circumstances and needs, great opportunities for career development, and a balanced lifestyle to achieve personal and professional success.
Ceridian is fueled by the diversity of our talented employees. We are an equal opportunity employer and embrace all individuals and that makes them unique. We consider all applicants, regardless of age, religion, race, color, ancestry, gender, gender identity, disability, national origin, race, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. We enthusiastically encourage all individuals to apply for positions that fit their passions. Come join our inclusive team and start collaborating with us on award winning projects!
Connect with us on Twitter @Ceridian or Facebook at Ceridian
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Associate Producer (English Services) - WIN00736 Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web) Primary Location Winnipeg Position Language Requirement English Only Language Skill Levels (Reading /...
Position Description StandardAero Components Services is looking for a Furnace Operator to support our growing business requirements. Why work at StandardAero? Who we are: Founded in 1911,...
Position Description StandardAero Components Services is looking for a Welder to support our growing business requirements. Why work at StandardAero? Who we are: Founded in 1911, StandardAero is...
Description E. Bourassa & Sons is currently looking for a Journeyperson Technician for our Dealership in Assiniboia who has an interest in Agriculture and passion for Mechanics. Whether you are a...
Montana’s is searching for Full time and Part time Servers and Bartenders for our Winnipeg location! Do you have a passion for Food, Hospitality and Service Excellence? Do genuinely enjoy being...
Montana’s is searching for a Part time Server for our Winnipeg location! Do you have a passion for Food, Hospitality and Service Excellence? Do genuinely enjoy being part of a fun and dynamic...
Associate Producer (English Services) - WIN00736 Job Family Programming (TV-Radio-Web) Primary...
Position Description StandardAero Components Services is looking for a Furnace Operator to...
Position Description StandardAero Components Services is looking for a Welder to support our...
Description E. Bourassa & Sons is currently looking for a Journeyperson Technician for our...
Montana’s is searching for Full time and Part time Servers and Bartenders for our Winnipeg...
Montana’s is searching for a Part time Server for our Winnipeg location! Do you have a passion...