Full Time | Central Toronto Roselawn, ONTARIO | 8 months
This position may have expired!
$112,433 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Sr. Project Interior Designer
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Coordinates color and material palettes.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required.
- Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for all projects and processes
- May provide support to all team members for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff and deliver staff performance evaluations.
- May participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Required Skills
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Required Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent
- 7 plus years’ experience in interiors projects required.
- Must be a professional Interior Designer and have passed the NCIDQ exam or be a registered Architect with current license required.
- If registered architect, NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type
The Sr. Designer/ Buyer, Fixtures, Finish & Equipment (FF&E) works closely with the Vice President and Director of Procurement, and is accountable for the Design and FF&E decisions for CAPREIT's...
Executive Director, Design & Technical Services, Luxe, NCA Primary Location : Canada-Toronto-Corporate Office, Toronto Employee Status : Regular Executive Director, Design & Technical Services-...
• Responsible for initiating and developing engineering drawings through completion for assigned projects in conformance with the requirements, applicable codes, and design criteria established by...
Senior Stormwater and LID Design Engineer-Toronto, Ontario 180004EG JACOBS is one of the world’s largest and most diverse providers of engineering and management services. We offer a full-spectrum...
Graphic Designer Position: Graphic Designer Intermediate (Contract 1 year with potential for Full-time) (Intermediate Graphic Designers fall between the junior and senior designers and usually...
Job Id E1969461 Job Title ASIC Design Audio Systems Engineer - Multimedia / Audio Post Date 01/18/2019 Company - Division Qualcomm Technologies, Inc. - CDMA Technology Job Area Engineering -...
The Sr. Designer/ Buyer, Fixtures, Finish & Equipment (FF&E) works closely with the Vice...
Executive Director, Design & Technical Services, Luxe, NCA Primary...
• Responsible for initiating and developing engineering drawings through completion for assigned...
Senior Stormwater and LID Design Engineer-Toronto, Ontario 180004EG JACOBS is one of the world’s...
Graphic Designer Position: Graphic Designer Intermediate (Contract 1 year with potential for...
Job Id E1969461 Job Title ASIC Design Audio Systems Engineer - Multimedia / Audio Post...