Full Time | Central Toronto Roselawn, ONTARIO | 3 months
This position may have expired!
$51,647 Average salary of similar jobs | Check Salary...
Sr. Project Interior Designer
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
- Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color coordination.
- Develops innovative design concepts which are practical, aesthetic, safe and conducive to intended purposes and function which is reflective of client goals and within project budget.
- Coordinates color and material palettes.
- Responsible for selection and specification of furniture, lighting, flooring, wall covering and artwork. Estimates material requirements and preliminary costs.
- Incorporates Integrated Sustainable Design solutions into projects.
- Renders conceptual design ideas and prepares 2D and 3D presentation/design drawings.
- Prepares and conducts client presentations.
- Prepares, corrects and updates documents during schematic design and design development phases.
- Solicits bids and assists Project Manager and client in subcontracting fabrication, installation, and arrangement of the materials, finishes, and furnishings required.
- Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule.
- Responsible for communication with other disciplines, vendors, and contractors to ensure incorporation of all information into project requirements and provides support as necessary.
- Supports the Construction Administration phase responding to RFI’s, CO’s, and reviews shop drawings.
- Implements and utilizes HOK Standards for all projects and processes
- May provide support to all team members for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise.
- May mentor and direct the work of less experienced staff and deliver staff performance evaluations.
- May participate in interviews and recruiting of professional staff.
- Takes personal responsibility for fostering a green workplace through sustainable work practices.
- Fosters a commitment to external and internal client service.
- Travel will be required.
- Overtime will be required.
- The job duties and requirements that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of HOK.
- Required Skills
- Possess creative talent in conceptual design and rendering skills of either hand or computer sketching.
- Knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of furniture, fixture and equipment (FF&E), architectural/interior finishes, lighting, signage, art, and color schemes to carryout design intent.
- Advanced knowledge of building regulations and safety codes.
- Advanced knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Advanced knowledge of sustainability, integrated design and LEED guidelines.
- Knowledge of buildingSMART, Building Information Modeling (BIM) and Integrated Project Delivery (IDP).
- Proven ability to prioritize in order to meet deadlines and provide high quality service to clients.
- Proficiency in the basic technical skills of interior design including the following computer skills:
- Proficiency in Deltek Vision highly preferred.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Proficiency in Newforma preferred.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD/Architectural Desktop.
- Proficiency in Revit is preferred.
- Proficiency in of Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketchup, and InDesign graphic software.
- Knowledge of 3D Modeling software such as 3D Studio Max and Viz 2006.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work in team environment.
- Required Experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in architecture, interior design or foreign equivalent
- 7 plus years’ experience in interiors projects required.
- Must be a professional Interior Designer and have passed the NCIDQ exam or be a registered Architect with current license required.
- If registered architect, NCARB registration preferred.
- LEED accreditation or Green Associate preferred.
- Job Location
- Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Position Type
Description The Contract Furniture Sales Coordinator (CFSC) is responsible for developing furniture sales within our existing customer base. The CFSC serves as the furniture subject matter expert...
Senior Multimedia Designer - Canadian Tire Corporation - C04PTO POSITION SUMMARY: The Dealer Development and Learning Group provide learning opportunities and resources to the Canadian Tire...
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond...
AECOM's Markham office is currently seeking a Senior Lighting Designer to join our growing Buildings and Places team. The Buildings and Places Team is a vibrant and growing business line which...
JOB POSTING #828806 Job Title: Student, CAD/Space Project Position: Co-op Job Opportunity Contract End Date: December 31, 2018 Please be aware that in addition to your application through the UHN...
Description Located just east of Regina, SeedMaster is a company that was founded on innovation. Our vision is to lead the agriculture industry by producing innovative, reliable and precise...
Description The Contract Furniture Sales Coordinator (CFSC) is responsible for developing...
Senior Multimedia Designer - Canadian Tire Corporation - C04PTO POSITION SUMMARY: The Dealer...
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and...
AECOM's Markham office is currently seeking a Senior Lighting Designer to join our growing...
JOB POSTING #828806 Job Title: Student, CAD/Space Project Position: Co-op Job...
Description Located just east of Regina, SeedMaster is a company that was founded on...