7095-TORONTO HEAD OFFICE (STORE SUPPORT CENTRE)
Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer?
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
The Store Operations Analyst will support key planning processes geared to improve labour management within the Canadian division. Such processes include forecasting, scheduling, labour engineering, and expense management. Accordingly, the successful candidate will be required to collect and synthesize causal factors from vast amounts of information and be required to develop and present several recommendations for implementation with little to no guidance. The successful candidate will also be required to support and maintain the implementation of new processes and/or systemic enhancements through the application of basic project management frameworks. This will require the development of strong relationships with stakeholders and their teams across the organization.
- Execution of key forecast management activities to maintain baseline accuracy across all store-departments.
- Develop and maintain sales forecasts using advanced statistical techniques based on planned events, promotions, marketing campaigns, merchandising strategies, etc.
- Attend weekly merchandising meetings to collect information on planned demand influencing activities.
- Attend weekly forecast review meetings with labour management team to provide decomposition of forecast as required • Action of daily/weekly forecasting and scheduling exceptions • Develop sensitivity analyses across multiple labour dimensions associated with changes to policies, constraints, labour models, etc.
- Preparation of weekly and of ad hoc labour management performance reporting coupled with analysis/commentary on opportunities, risks and emerging trends for the purposes of operational decision making surrounding forecasting and scheduling .
- Support business project leads in the development, design, and implementation of new processes and/or technical enhancements.
- Maintain education and training content as required.
- Maintain user facing tools/applications with timely information required for planning and execution at store level.
- Engage business partners to ensure the timely execution of key process related activities.
- Internal Candidates: Must fulfill minimum time-in-position (1 year) and performance management code requirements (M+, Meets Expectations and Consistently Demonstrates).
- Background in either of Industrial Engineering, Statistics , Finance or Computer Science – Advanced degree preferred.
- Provide insights to senior leaders around forecast risks and opportunities to ensure stores are adequately staffed.
- Demonstrated experience employing various statistical modelling and data analysis techniques, such as linear regression, decision trees, clustering and time series forecasting.
- Proficient programming skills in SAS, SQL and VBA.
- Experience with Tableau reporting – building dashboards, visualizations, etc.
- Experience in operational forecasting, resource planning, and financial analysis are strong assets.
- Critical thinking skills; ability to breakdown business problems and make recommendations.
- Ability to work with ambiguity and with varying team members.
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
Thank you for applying to The Home Depot Canada. Our careers allow you to “unleash your inner orange” to improve the lives of our customers and yourself by helping them to complete their projects. Please note applications will only be accepted online and only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
The Home Depot Canada is committed to diversity and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OPS Support Team
Last Date to Apply
Coordinator Job Number: 74577 Job : Administrative/Service Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: St. Peter's Hospital Organization : Community & Pop Health...
Position Title Sales Associate Closing Date 2/28/2019 Job Description If you've been looking to join a team that values your energy and talents, offers multiple career paths, and provides you with...
Pharmacist Job Number: 74302 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: McMaster University Medical Centre Organization : OP PHARMACY...
Pharmacy Technician Job Number: 74371 Job : Technician/Technologist Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Hamilton General Hospital Organization : OP PHARMACY...
Pharmacist Job Number: 74276 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary Location : Ontario-Hamilton This position will be located at: Juravinski...
Dealer Changeover Consultant, Western Canada - Canadian Tire Corporation - C04RB3 Help us boldly shape retail in Canada Canadian Tire Corporation’s (CTC) rich heritage of serving Canadians from...
Coordinator Job Number: 74577 Job : Administrative/Service Primary...
Position Title Sales Associate Closing Date 2/28/2019 Job Description If you've been looking to...
Pharmacist Job Number: 74302 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary...
Pharmacy Technician Job Number: 74371 Job : Technician/Technologist Primary...
Pharmacist Job Number: 74276 Job : Health Professional/Assistant Primary...
Dealer Changeover Consultant, Western Canada - Canadian Tire Corporation - C04RB3 Help us boldly...