Req Id: 219083
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Legal and Regulatory team includes regulatory and government affairs, as well as legal teams with specialties supporting various areas of the organization.
The Regulatory Affairs team is here to support all Bell business units in the development and execution of marketing and business plans by ensuring that constraints imposed by regulators – including the CRTC, Industry Canada, the Competition Bureau and the Copyright Board – are both respected and, to the extent possible, minimized.
The Specialist, Regulatory Affairs supports our advocacy efforts with the CRTC as well as compliance with various regulatory requirements. Although based in Ottawa, the Specialist, Regulatory Affairs will primarily assist our affiliates, Northwestel, Northerntel, Telebec as well as other Quebec-based affiliates and subsidiairies and will also get exposure to and assist with Bell filings.
This position offers the selected candidate the opportunity to:
- Learn about new products and services as well as emerging technologies
- Broaden your scope of Bell Canada, Northwestel, Telebec and other affiliate operations and regulatory implications
- Be involved directly in projects that shape the future of the telecommunications’ business environment
- Interface extensively with various groups and levels of management
- Further develop your background in analytical and communications skills
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Help Northwestel, Northerntel, Telebec and other affiliates navigate the regulatory environment
- Prepare regulatory submissions to the CRTC
- Conduct research and analyses to assess the implications of regulatory proposals
- Bilingual (English and French) including impeccable and professional written English and French
- University degree in commerce, economics, engineering or law or extensive experience in these same fields
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams as well as work independently, notably to gather relevant information and develop positions that further our strategic imperatives
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey ideas effectively
- Ability to deliver and facilitate presentations in a professional manner at all levels of management
- Results oriented with an ability to work under stringent timeframes and under minimal supervision
- Related experience, preferably within the telecommunications industry.
- General understanding of the Company’s operations and service offerings would be an asset
Work is largely project based. Candidate must have ability to work under pressure and extended hours may be required to meet tight regulatory timelines.
Job Location:Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa
Sales Representative | Rideau Centre, Ottawa, ON - RET21530-18 Description Job Title: Part Time Sales Representative Location: Rideau Centre, Ottawa, ON Are you a people person obsessed with...
Royal Service Agent - Full Time Primary Location : Canada-Ottawa-Fairmont Château Laurier Employee Status : Regular Royal Service Agent - Full Time Your knowledge of the hotel and the technical...
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through the power of health. For more than 125 years, we've brought new products and technologies to the...
Director - Sales - TELUS Business Solutions (Ottawa) - SAL03811-18 Description Join our team You have a deep passion for customers, people, sales and success. You measure your success through the...
Job Description At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment of our employees are the reasons for our success. We value teamwork, respect and openness above all...
Please Note: If you are a current Hydro Ottawa employee with access to Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application. SUMMARY: The Data Analyst is responsible for developing, implementing...
Sales Representative | Rideau Centre, Ottawa, ON - RET21530-18 Description Job Title: Part Time...
Royal Service Agent - Full Time Primary Location : Canada-Ottawa-Fairmont Château...
JOB DESCRIPTION: At Abbott, we're committed to helping you live your best possible life through...
Director - Sales - TELUS Business Solutions (Ottawa) - SAL03811-18 Description Join our team You...
Job Description At SNC-Lavalin, we believe the world-class expertise and unwavering commitment...
Please Note: If you are a current Hydro Ottawa employee with access to Workday, apply to this...