Req Id: 219083
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Our Legal and Regulatory team includes regulatory and government affairs, as well as legal teams with specialties supporting various areas of the organization.
The Regulatory Affairs team is here to support all Bell business units in the development and execution of marketing and business plans by ensuring that constraints imposed by regulators – including the CRTC, Industry Canada, the Competition Bureau and the Copyright Board – are both respected and, to the extent possible, minimized.
The Specialist, Regulatory Affairs supports our advocacy efforts with the CRTC as well as compliance with various regulatory requirements. Although based in Ottawa, the Specialist, Regulatory Affairs will primarily assist our affiliates, Northwestel, Northerntel, Telebec as well as other Quebec-based affiliates and subsidiairies and will also get exposure to and assist with Bell filings.
This position offers the selected candidate the opportunity to:
- Learn about new products and services as well as emerging technologies
- Broaden your scope of Bell Canada, Northwestel, Telebec and other affiliate operations and regulatory implications
- Be involved directly in projects that shape the future of the telecommunications’ business environment
- Interface extensively with various groups and levels of management
- Further develop your background in analytical and communications skills
The successful candidate will be responsible and accountable for the following:
- Help Northwestel, Northerntel, Telebec and other affiliates navigate the regulatory environment
- Prepare regulatory submissions to the CRTC
- Conduct research and analyses to assess the implications of regulatory proposals
- Bilingual (English and French) including impeccable and professional written English and French
- University degree in commerce, economics, engineering or law or extensive experience in these same fields
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams as well as work independently, notably to gather relevant information and develop positions that further our strategic imperatives
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills with the ability to convey ideas effectively
- Ability to deliver and facilitate presentations in a professional manner at all levels of management
- Results oriented with an ability to work under stringent timeframes and under minimal supervision
- Related experience, preferably within the telecommunications industry.
- General understanding of the Company’s operations and service offerings would be an asset
Work is largely project based. Candidate must have ability to work under pressure and extended hours may be required to meet tight regulatory timelines.
Job Location:Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description Immediate DZ Driving Opportunities available. -Must have valid DZ License, minimum 6 months previous experience driving DZ class vehicles and a clean...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description A client of MaxSys in Ottawa is looking for commercial movers for a full-time position. Details: – Relocate furniture and electronics on dollies with...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Immediate DZ Driving Opportunities available. -Must have valid DZ License, minimum 6 months previous experience driving DZ class vehicles and a clean abstract and...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description Specifications – Efficient and diligent assembly of sensor cards and/or sensor tapes according to process work instructions – Performs basic machine...
Procurement-Material Asset, license Management for a data/satellite communication tools (Must have a Secret Clearance), Maxsys, 23 daysProfessional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for a Procurement, Advanced for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Education: Secondary school diploma is required Experience: M1...
At BASF, we createchemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic successwith environmental protection and social responsibility, we are building a moresustainable future...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description Immediate DZ Driving Opportunities available. -Must...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description A client of MaxSys in Ottawa is looking for...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Immediate DZ Driving Opportunities available. -Must have valid DZ...
Industrial Staffing - Ottawa Job Description Specifications – Efficient and diligent assembly of...
Procurement-Material Asset, license Management for a data/satellite communication tools (Must have a Secret Clearance), Maxsys, 23 daysProfessional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for a Procurement, Advanced for our...
At BASF, we createchemistry through the power of connected minds. By balancing economic...