At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize her dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
The Solution Manager will lead in a fast-paced digital environment, design and deliver new features and systems, launch them, and iterate to incrementally make them better. You will lead in the overall planning, execution, and success of a complex cross-functional team, work closely with product management, delivery and architecture team. You are an ideal candidate if you have a demonstrated track record of strong digital platforms knowledge while developing end to end solutions to meet the need of the digital team.
- Support the technical roadmap for the Capabilities Digital portfolio by understanding the overall solution
- Be the direct liaison with Product management and all operational teams impacting the digital delivery
- Provide full end to end knowledge of the software solution and design
- Mentor a team of solution experts
- Provide management of the software development life cycle both Agile and Waterfall deliverables
- Document development deliverables, schedules, and other necessary information, providing progress reports as required.
- Liaise with all relevant organizational departments in order to plan and execute projects providing assurance project scopes are accurately and adequately defined in relation to software development.
- Ensure the functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules and system architecture for each project.
- Stay current with trends, techniques, technology and other factors impacting the job incorporating as deemed necessary.
- Actively participate in team meetings and offer recommendations /ideas on design projects.
- Oversee design, code, and test major features in collaboration with development team to deliver complex changes.
- Other duties as assigned
- Core Competencies: Strong technical background, ability to handle high pressured environment, customer service orientation; teamwork and collaboration; adaptability; initiative; analytical thinking.
- 5+ years of experience in Agile and waterfall development
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development preferably as a business systems analyst or solution architect
- Experience building scalable distributed systems with service oriented architectures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 7+ years relevant work experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent decision-making, verbal and written communication skills; interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to build relationships, work collaboratively, and resolve problems with people at all levels in the organization.
- Experience working with external vendors.
- Ability to express ideas and facts in a clear and understandable manner, tailoring communication to the intended audience.
- Ability to quickly grasp new ideas and solutions, and communicate effectively with colleagues (business and technical staff) and end users.
- Willing to travel to the GTA to meet with business partners.
- A deep understanding of software engineering practices, object oriented analysis & design, design patterns and algorithms
- Wireless and Cable product knowledge in TV, Internet, Home Phone and Smart home Monitoring
- Demonstrated strong technical judgment in conjunction with passionate customer-focus
- Degree in Computer Science or related field
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: 12 Months
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 25%
Posting Category/Function: Digital & eCommerce
Requisition ID: 123600
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You can also reach out to our team at RogersRecruiting@rci.rogers.com to begin a conversation about your individual accessibility needs throughout the hiring process.
Posting Notes: [[req_strategyPage]] || [[country]] || ON || Brampton || [[mfield2]] ||
Req Id: 215802 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Android Developer - TOR06668 Job Family Media Production Primary Location Toronto Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French) Language Skill Levels (Reading / Writing /...
Req Id: 216907 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We offer many career paths that attract a wide variety of talent and skills. Follow a path that lets your...
Your future duties and responsibilities: Working within our Banking Client, you will design the ideation and experience design of complex applications for web and mobile. You will own the creation...
Senior Systems Designer / Engineer (MTIS) - TOR06679 Job Family Broadcast Engineering Primary Location Toronto Position Language Requirement Bilingual (English / French) Language Skill Levels...
Req Id: 215802 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Android Developer - TOR06668 Job Family Media Production Primary Location Toronto Position...
Req Id: 216907 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
At Sun Life, we work together, share common values and encourage growth and achievement. We...
Your future duties and responsibilities: Working within our Banking Client, you will design the...
Senior Systems Designer / Engineer (MTIS) - TOR06679 Job Family Broadcast Engineering Primary...