City: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada
Employment Type: Full Time
Founded in 1976, CGI Group Inc. has evolved into one of the largest independent information technology and business process services firms in the world, and the #1 independent consulting firm in Canada by providing end-to-end IT, Business Process and Management Consulting services to clients worldwide from our major centres in Canada, the United States, Europe, Asia. Overall, CGI employs approximately 71,000 professionals in more than 100 offices globally.
This is a great opportunity to become a member of the CGI team in Victoria, BC and contribute to providing leading IT services to our clients. We are seeking a Tester and Quality Assurance Analyst. As a member of the QA team, your primary role will involve designing and executing test cases and/or automated test scripts.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Assist with preparation of testing cost estimate
• Participate in preparation of software test strategy, plan, and reports
• Design and prioritize test cases based on defined use cases or test specifications
• Assist in preparation and set up of test data and test environment
• Execute all assigned test cases/automated test scripts
• Retest resolved defects on each build/release
• Execute regression testing of existing defects on previous software builds
• Report defect(s) accurately so it (they) can be reproduced quickly
• Create and communicate interim test status
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of software testing practices, concepts and principles, including test automation tools
• Demonstrate accountability for completing work assignments, meeting commitments and deadlines
• Work towards obtaining certification in software testing (e.g. CSTE, CSQA), or product specialist (e.g. Mercury LR, TD, WinRunner)
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• Graduate of a recognized post-secondary institution in a related field;
• A minimum of 3 years of experience in software testing and quality assurance activities on application development projects
• Superior English verbal and written communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure with multiple priorities;
• Ability to work in a team environment;
• Ability to perform successfully under limited supervision; and
• Strong problem solving and decision-making
• At least three years of Quality Assurance methodologies/tools experience;
• Full understanding of the System Development Lifecycle; and
• IT industry experience; minimum 5 years.
• TestComplete and SilkTest Classic
• JAVA, Jscript, Confluence and JIRA
• SoapUI Pro and Selenium;
• Web services both REST and SOAP;
• Mercury Quality Centre.
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
- Test Planning & Implementation
- Test Strategies
Have you been referred by a CGI Member for this position?*
* This field is required.
<< Back to Job Openings Senior Test Specialist Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The Submarine Senior Test Specialist is responsible for...
<< Back to Job Openings Test Specialist Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The Submarine Test Specialist is responsible for controlling...
Test Center Manager - Victoria, BC - (1810732) Description Pearson VUE ( www.pearsonvue.com ) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and...
<< Back to Job Openings Welding Quality Control Coordinator Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria Shipyards - Victoria,BC Description The primary responsibility of the Welding...
Posting #: T1819-189 School: Various Locations Closing Date: August 14, 2018 Status: Continuing Point Time: 1.0 Start Date: September 1, 2018 Description: Contract French Immersion...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together...
<< Back to Job Openings Senior Test Specialist Company: Victoria Shipyards Company -...
<< Back to Job Openings Test Specialist Company: Victoria Shipyards Company - Location: Victoria...
Test Center Manager - Victoria, BC - (1810732) Description Pearson VUE ( www.pearsonvue.com )...
<< Back to Job Openings Welding Quality Control Coordinator Company: Victoria Shipyards Company...
Posting #: T1819-189 School: Various Locations Closing Date: August 14,...
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that...