To design and implement code and script as needed for a project, in accordance with schedules agreed upon with the Technical Lead.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with fellow Software Engineers and members of other disciplines on the project team
• Ensure that the Technical Lead is aware of the progress of assigned work
• Alert the Technical Lead of any issues that could disrupt agreed-upon schedules
• Implement code and script to the required coding standards
• Ensure that components are designed and reviewed prior to implementation
• Achieve ingame performance targets as required by Production
• High quality work delivered on time
• Positive working relationships fostered with other team members from all disciplines
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Passion for video games
• Willingness to learn new tools, engines and languages
• Practical experience programming in C++
• Ability to meet deadlines
• Self-motivated and willingness to take initiative
• Demonstrated ability in written and verbal communication
• Strong team player
• Fundamental math skills (matrices, vectors, algebra, etc)
• Computer Science (or similar) Graduate, or two years of relevant experience in the game development industry
Desirable Skills, Knowledge and Experience
• Interest in specific game programming disciplines (i.e. artificial intelligence, rendering, user interface, audio, etc.)
• Experience with 3D graphics programming (Shaders, DirectX, OpenGL)
• Experience with Windows programming
• Advanced knowledge in math and physics
HB Studios is the largest video game developer in Atlantic Canada with roughly 75 staff at its Lunenburg HQ. Founded in July 2000, HB has shipped 48 titles across PS3, XBOX 360, iOS, Android, Vita, Wii, PS2, PC, XBOX, DS and PSP. To date, HB's global sales have reached over 27 million units. The Company is currently working on projects across PS4, Xbox One, PC and VR. As a company we are a passionate team of game designers, producers, programmers, artists, animators, UI artists, audio engineers and support staff known in the industry for our high quality sports games and with publishers for our professional and reliable delivery. We partner with the biggest names in the industry and are currently developing games across all current and upcoming gaming platforms. HB Studios has appeared regularly in the Develop 100: the list of the “World’s Best Game Studios.” If you are creative, hard-working, have a passion for interactive media, and thrive in a dynamic working environment, HB Studios is the place for you.
• Free onsite gym • In house 250 seat theatre • Monthly company paid events • Organized sports leagues • Profit and royalty related pay
How to Apply If you are interested in joining HB Studios as a Software Engineer, please apply via this GamesJobsDirect advert with your resume and a concise covering letter highlighting how your training and experience qualifies you for the position and a resume to email@example.com HB Studios would like to thank all applicants for their interests. Only those candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted. To learn more about HB Studios, please visit our website at www.hb-studios.com.
Function: Technology Location: , Halifax, NS CA Date posted: 5/15/2018 5:08:00 PM Type: Full-time Permanent / Contract: Regular Job number: 1049688 Potential Referral Bonus:...
Retail Store Opportunities Full-Time Nova Scotia 7126-HALIFAX Intro Statement It can be a smile, remembering a name, or maybe even just a wave at the end of the day. Perhaps it’s an unwavering...
Software Engineer - 14695 Gracenote - Canada Halifax, Nova Scotia Are you ready to revolutionize entertainment? Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top...
Category:Project Management City: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Meet our professionals CGI: An employer of choice Position Description: As a project manager in the CGI...
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Group Customer, this position involves managing an assigned block of Group Insurance clients and territory composed mainly of larger accounts. The...
Job description This work term could offer challenges in the following areas: Decommissioning Project: Researching and compiling facilities specification information as related to project...
Function: Technology Location: , Halifax, NS CA Date posted: 5/15/2018 5:08:00 PM Type:...
Retail Store Opportunities Full-Time Nova Scotia 7126-HALIFAX Intro Statement It can be a smile,...
Software Engineer - 14695 Gracenote - Canada Halifax, Nova Scotia Are you ready to revolutionize...
Category:Project Management City: Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Meet...
Reporting to the Regional Vice President, Group Customer, this position involves managing an...
Job description This work term could offer challenges in the following areas: Decommissioning...