Software Developer (Mobile/IOS Developer) - (180000FB)
Move, Build, Grow your career!
As the premier global asset management and disposition company, Ritchie Bros. helps thousands of people around the world buy and sell heavy equipment, trucks, and other assets every month. With our multiple onsite and online selling platforms and commitment to first-class customer service, Ritchie Bros. is trusted worldwide for making buying and selling easy, efficient, fair, and transparent. If you’re an innovator with an entrepreneurial spirit, we want you to join our growing team – employed in a wide variety of positions from sales to operations to corporate functions – as we transform the global used equipment market.
Join us on our journey and move forward with us, build your success, and grow your career.
We’re looking for a Software Developer (Mobile/IOS) based in our global headquarters in Burnaby, BC.
Reporting to the Supervisor of Mobile Development, the successful candidate will contribute a broad variety of mobile application development activities including defining, developing, testing, analyzing, and maintaining mobile applications in support of business requirements; focusing on support and enhancements for existing and new mobile applications in the roadmap. They will also research, design, document, and modify software specifications throughout the development life cycle.
In this role you’ll:
- Write clean, maintainable, and stable code to industry best practices.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications via automated and performance testing.
- Participate in design discussions, task estimation, decision-making, planning, code reviews, and delivery of project deliverables.
- Collaborate with product owner/manager, UX designer, technical developers, QA, and the Mobile Supervisor to define, design, and ship new features.
- Monitor industry changes, research and identify improvements, correct bottlenecks, and fix defects.
Here’s what you bring:
- Technical diploma, college diploma, or university degree in the field of computer science, information systems, or software engineering or equivalent.
- At least 3 years of native mobile development experience using Objective C and/or Swift.
- At least 1 year of native development experience using Swift.
- Major contributor of at least 2 mobile applications listed on Apple Store.
- Experience on XCode IDE.
- Familiar with current design and usability patterns.
- Experience with integrating remote data via REST and JSON.
- Experience with GIT.
- Familiar with Test Driven Design (TDD).
- Familiar with Agile Development Methodology and full mobile development lifecycle.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in an agile environment.
- Adept at conducting research into mobile application related issues and products.
- Must be able to learn, understand, and apply new emerging technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
What We Offer:
Our success is built on the drive and dedication of our people. As we grow around the globe, there will be many opportunities to advance your career – we’ve proven this throughout our 55+ years in business. And, we'll take care of you along the way. Here’s how:
- Base salary + performance bonus
- Comprehensive medical and dental benefits.
- RRSP and an Employee Share Plan, both with company match.
- Ongoing training, professional development and tuition reimbursement.
- A multi-award winning LEED gold certified facility, in an exceptional park-like setting, featuring:
- A subsidized, multi-award winning childcare centre.
- A subsidized cafeteria, car washing and dry cleaning services, and free parking.
- A workout facility, featuring advanced gym equipment, bike room, shower and changing facilities, and nutrition and fitness programs.
- Proximity to miles of Fraser River walking paths, plus shops, restaurants and services.
To get an idea of what our auctions are like, you can check out some auction videos on YouTube right here: http://bit.ly/KKL9Fz
Want to learn more about the company? Visit our Career site , LinkedIn or connect with us today through Facebook or Twitter .
Established in 1958, Ritchie Bros. (NYSE and TSX: RBA) is a global asset management and disposition company, offering customers end-to-end solutions for buying and selling used heavy equipment, trucks and other assets. Operating in a multitude of sectors, including construction, transportation, agriculture, energy, oil and gas, mining, and forestry, the company’s selling channels include: Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers , the world’s largest industrial auctioneer offers live auction events with online bidding; IronPlanet , an online marketplace with featured weekly auctions and providing its exclusive IronClad Assurance® equipment condition certification; Marketplacee , an online marketplace offering multiple price and timing options; Mascus , a leading European online equipment listing service; and Ritchie Bros. Private Treaty , offering privately negotiated sales. The company also offers sector-specific solutions including GovPlanet , TruckPlanet , Kruse Energy Auctioneers , and Cat® auctions, plus equipment financing and leasing through Ritchie Bros. Financial Services. For more information about the unprecedented choice provided by Ritchie Bros., visit RitchieBros.com .
Ritchie Bros. is an equal opportunity employer and ensures nondiscrimination in all activities in accordance with all applicable laws. This position is open to all qualified applicants who are legally entitled to work in the country in which this job is located. Candidate selection is made by Talent Acquisition. Only electronic applications can be accepted. No agency calls please.
9500 Glenlyon Parkway
Burnaby V5J 0C6
: Information Technology
: Aug 14, 2018, 2:42:55 PM
As one of the largest, most progressive, urban districts in the province, Burnaby provides comprehensive educational programs and services to 41 elementary and 8 secondary schools, plus a number...
Sales Representative (Koodo) | Lougheed Town Centre, Burnaby, BC - RET20996-18 Description Are you looking for each day to be different? Are you a positive and motivated person looking to be a...
Full-Time Regular Location: Lake City Operations Centre, Burnaby Join us as we help shape the place people want to be – Metro Vancouver, one of the world’s most livable regions. The services and...
HEAD CHEF REQUIRED FOR BUSY RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE BURNABY,BC Very positive/friendly working environment. Dietzel International, Hospitality Recruitment is looking for an experienced, highly...
Geotechnical Engineer - BUR003T Company: Advisian Primary Location : CAN-BC-Burnaby Job : Engineering (And Sciences) Schedule : Full-time Employment Type: Staff Job Level: Experienced Job...
Sales Representative | Lougheed Town Centre, Burnaby, BC - RET20807-18 Description Are you a people person obsessed with delivering world class customer service? Do you thrive in a fast-paced...
As one of the largest, most progressive, urban districts in the province, Burnaby provides...
Sales Representative (Koodo) | Lougheed Town Centre, Burnaby, BC - RET20996-18 Description Are...
Full-Time Regular Location: Lake City Operations Centre, Burnaby Join us as we help shape the...
HEAD CHEF REQUIRED FOR BUSY RESTAURANT AND LOUNGE BURNABY,BC Very positive/friendly working...
Geotechnical Engineer - BUR003T Company: Advisian Primary...
Sales Representative | Lougheed Town Centre, Burnaby, BC - RET20807-18 Description Are you a...