Change the world at IBM. There aren’t many companies who can say they have been an integral part of the global business landscape for more than a century. While the world has changed considerably over the past 100 years, IBM, our people and our offerings have continuously led the way with business and technology innovation.
Today, we are more than a hardware, software and services provider, yet we remain true to our heritage as a team of collaborative forward-thinkers, focused on making business and society work better. We are part of the fabric of everyday life and stand for world-changing progress.
Join a company where you can make an impact and literally change the world. With so many different opportunities available – the sky is the limit!
*This position resides in Markham, Ontario and is a 16 (internship) month work term commencing September 2018. It is mandatory that all applicants are enrolled in full-time studies at a post-secondary institution and returning to full-time studies upon completion of the work term.
What IBM Offers You?
It is a mandatory requirement for students to apply online at www.ibm.com/jobs including a (1) cover letter, (2) resume, and (3) official or unofficial transcripts.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
We are looking for motivated student to join the Master Data Management (MDM) team in the Software Developer and Delivery role. Tasks include but not limited to:
- Investigate technologies and approaches to be taken for upcoming releases of the product.
- Feature implementation for upcoming releases of the product.
- Defect resolution.
- Tools development to support development activities.
- Working with developers and Business Analysts to define test plans, test coverage matrices and corresponding test cases.
- Executing test cases using both manual processes and automated test tools.
- Test Automation leveraging technologies such as shell scripting, j-unit, selenium and other in house Java tools.
- Tools development to support QA activities and improve overall QA processes.
- Performance test script maintenance and customization.
- Deploy performance test tools and framework.
- Develop automated solutions for continuous delivery and performance testing.
- Product deployment.
- Product Testing.
In this technically demanding role, the intern will be utilizing and increasing their skills in various technologies as well as their exposure to other IBM or 3rd party products. In addition to their understanding and experience with object-oriented analysis and design, they will enhance their skills and knowledge in the area of development with relational database systems. Take advantage of mentorship provided by senior team members to bring their skill set to the next level. These are examples of the skills they would use during their work term:
- Java, Shell scripts, Extensible Markup Language (XML), SQL
- Integrated Development Environments (IDEs): Rational Software Architect, Eclipse
- WebSphere Application Server Administration
- Database: DB2, Oracle •Operating Systems:
- Advanced Interactive Executive (AIX), Solaris, Linux
- Development Process
- Debugging Tools
City / Township / Village
IBM Business Group
Primary job category
Software Development & Support
Role ( Job Role )
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Co-op or internship program enrollment is mandatory
- Some understanding and experience with software development cycle
- Proven Java programming skills
- Shell scripting skills
- Experience working in a Windows/Unix/Linux environment
- Proven ability to document and present technical content to business and technical audiences
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Proven time management skills
- Proven collaboration skills
- Programming skills in SQL is an asset
- Experience with XML is an asset
- Understanding of testing methodology and automated testing is an asset
- Experience with database is an asset
- Jenkins is an asset
- IBM GitHub Enterprise
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Experience
- Knowledge of IBM products
- Knowledge of the software development cycle
- Experience with various programming languages
- Understanding of software engineering
Must be eligible/legally entitled to work in Canada.
High School Diploma/GED
Early Professional Track
Is this role a commissionable/sales incentive based position?
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and computer infrastructure that drives Tangerine’s business systems. The IT department supports the...
Job Summary Are you a creative thinker who enjoys solving problems and continuous learning? Are you someone who strives to promote quality throughout the SDLC?Would you like to be part of a team...
Information Technology - Toronto Our downtown client is in need of an ETL Developer for a 6 months, option to extend another 2 months. BACKGROUND INFORMATION The client is looking for an ETL...
We are looking for a talented QA Engineer to design, lead and manage test automation for Symantec’s service provider solutions. In this integral role, the ideal candidate will be working closely...
Your future duties and responsibilities: • Develop functional and integration test scripts • Perform functional and integration acceptance testing • Document functional and integration acceptance...
About the Position: Reporting to the Development Manager, the Test Engineer is primarily responsible for ensuring the quality of deliverables throughout the agile development lifecycle. The Test...
DEPARTMENT SUMMARY: The Information Technology (IT) department manages the technology and...
Job Summary Are you a creative thinker who enjoys solving problems and continuous learning? Are...
Information Technology - Toronto Our downtown client is in need of an ETL Developer for a 6...
We are looking for a talented QA Engineer to design, lead and manage test automation for...
Your future duties and responsibilities: • Develop functional and integration test scripts •...
About the Position: Reporting to the Development Manager, the Test Engineer is primarily...