Halton Healthcare Posting #: 2018-816488
Position: Social Worker
Department: Mental Health, one-Link
Status: Regular Part time, must provide up to 0.4FTE availability x 2
Hours: 1-9 pm (weekday) and Saturdays 9:00-4:30
It’s an exciting time to join Halton Healthcare as we are currently undergoing tremendous growth in facility development and career opportunities!
In recent years, we have completed an expansion at Georgetown Hospital with a newly renovated Emergency and Diagnostic Imaging Department; we have just settled in at our brand new Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital site. In addition, as of October 1st , 2017, we have recently completed our expansion of the Milton District Hospital featuring a new state-of-the-art facility.
Our healthcare teams are made up of dynamic groups of people who work together to provide Exemplary Patient Experiences, Always in the communities of Halton Hills, Milton and Oakville.
Background: Led by Halton Healthcare the Practical Clinic receives all client referrals from one-Link; who have been referred for and screened to be appropriate for evidence based psychotherapeutic approaches targeting Mood and Anxiety and concurrent disorder treatment. The model of care is based on group based clinical treatment including, Behavioral Activation Groups, Adaptive Mindfulness Training, Interpersonal Therapy (IPT) Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and other brief solution-focused interventions within a short term treatment plan as developed with the client and assigned primary clinician.
The delivery of services by this team takes place at Halton Healthcare’s Bristol Circle location as well as various community hubs across the region and through virtual care via the Ontario Telemedicine Network Platform.
- Provide comprehensive assessment to clients to develop a treatment plan from within the various clinical interventions offered within the clinic.
- Deliver group based and individual therapy delivered both in person and via virtual care using a structured evidence based approach
- Proven experience in working in a fast paced, high volume clinical setting
- Maintain clinic flow of consultations and group facilitation
- Conduct consultation with referring physicians and other treatment providers in a shared care environment
- Participate in data collection and rigorous program evaluation components of this new model
- Take part in continuous quality improvement
- Maintain excellent verbal and timely written communication with all stakeholders in line with the Mississauga Halton no wrong door initiative.
- Masters of Social Work
- Member in good standing of the College of Social Workers
- 5+ years previous clinical experience in mental health and addictions
- Demonstrated experience in running process and therapeutic groups
- Expertise in CBT, DBT, IPT and mindfulness based therapy
- Extensive knowledge in the treatment of depression, anxiety and other major mental illnesses and with the unique needs and challenges of transitional aged youth
- Knowledge and skills related to crisis intervention
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in concurrent disorders
- Satisfactory employment and attendance record.
Posted Date: January 11, 2018
Application Deadline for Employees: January 18, 2018
If you are passionate about what you do, motivated by a job well done, and as committed to excellence, quality and patient satisfaction as we are, we'd like to hear from you. Please submit your application via our website at www.haltonhealthcare.ca directly to this posting and include a current copy of your resume.
We thank all those who apply but only those individuals selected for further consideration will be contacted.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code, Halton Healthcare will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your accommodation needs to ensure your equal participation. All personal information is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Halton Healthcare is a smoke-free facility in and around all three sites. Smoking is not permitted on hospital properties. We thank everyone who works at or visits our hospitals for respecting this healthy initiative. We are also a scent-free environment for all employees and visitors to accommodate individuals’ health concerns arising from exposure to scented products. , We ask for everyone's cooperation in our efforts to accommodate health concerns
Occupational Therapist- Halton, Mississauga, Hamilton, Niagara Closing the Gap Healthcare Hamilton, ON View complete profile Add to favorites Apply Job...
UNIT PROFILE: The Seniors Mental Health Inpatient Program employs a multidisciplinary team of psychiatrists, psychologists, nurses, social worker, occupational therapist, recreation therapists,...
Instructor therapist WM+A Williams, Marijan & Associates Hamilton, ON View complete profile Add to favorites Apply Job summary Starting date : As soon as...
UNIT PROFILE: The Acute Mental Health Unit (9 Tower) is a 30-bed unit located at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton’s Charlton Campus. Our collaborative multi-disciplinary team is committed to...
UNIT PROFILE: The Acute Mental Health Unit (10 Tower) is a 30-bed unit located at St. Joseph’s Healthcare Hamilton’s Charlton Campus. Our collaborative multi-disciplinary team is committed to...
Social Worker - Schizophrenia & Community Integration Service, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton, 5 daysPOSITION SUMMARY: To provide quality social work services congruent with the Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers. Reporting...
Occupational Therapist- Halton, Mississauga, Hamilton, Niagara Closing the Gap...
UNIT PROFILE: The Seniors Mental Health Inpatient Program employs a multidisciplinary team of...
Instructor therapist WM+A Williams, Marijan & Associates Hamilton, ON View complete profile ...
UNIT PROFILE: The Acute Mental Health Unit (9 Tower) is a 30-bed unit located at St. Joseph’s...
UNIT PROFILE: The Acute Mental Health Unit (10 Tower) is a 30-bed unit located at St. Joseph’s...
Social Worker - Schizophrenia & Community Integration Service, St. Joseph's Healthcare Hamilton, 5 daysPOSITION SUMMARY: To provide quality social work services congruent with the Code of Ethics and...