Requisition ID: EXT000386
The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where Merck has codified its 125-year legacy. With a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products, Merck’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare.
Merck’s Global Human Health (GHH) Division abides by a “patient first, profits later” ideology. Results-driven and ambitious, this team of individuals represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of people around the world. The division is comprised of sales and marketing professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing Merck's prescription medicines, vaccines, and other medical products to our customers worldwide.
Social Media/Community Lead
The Social Media/Community Lead is an exciting opportunity to be part of an Enterprise team focused on embedding social capabilities across our company.
Our Social Media/Community Lead will work across multiple areas of the business to proactively manage content and engagement on our social media channels in support of the company’s business and reputation.
Reporting to the Associate Director, Corporate Communications, the Social Media/Community Lead collaborates on the development and oversees the implementation of the social media communications strategy for the corporate social media assets/platforms.
- Lead the development and implementation of the social media strategy for the corporate social media assets (Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.) in alignment with the Corporate Reputation Plan and the Corporate and Brands External Communications Plans.
- Develop the strategy that will define the role of each social media channel to achieve the objective of the business, corporate brand building, communications, human resources, customer engagement and public relations.
- Lead the development of the Social Media Calendar for all Corporate Social Media platforms and drive the voice and personality of the Merck Canada brand in social media in accordance with the overall corporate brand strategy.
- Lead the content development with the two Brand/Business Communication Managers to feed the corporate social media content calendar, of which he/she is the owner.
- Provide expertise in Canadian regulatory guidance as it relates to social media unbranded and branded content and enforce commenting guidelines and other standard protocols.
- Monitor the corporate social media platforms and those of our partners (patient associations, universities, community groups, etc.) to capitalize on opportunities to include strong and relevant social media components to Merck’s corporate communications and actively implement best practices within a fast-evolving media and digital environment.
- Track the efficiency of the team’s efforts, use data from Google Analytics, Hootsuite and others to inform strategic and tactical decisions and to leverage key learnings for optimization, continuous improvement and innovation.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing or other relevant field is required.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a communication specialist or a social media community manager.
- Experience with digital and social media is required.
- Experience in pharmaceutical or life science industry is a strong asset.
- Experience independently creating and implementing successful social media communication programs and executing seamlessly across multiple projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Proven track record of generating innovative, creative and strategic ideas.
- Experience in public relations and with the media is an asset.
- Bilingual skills (French & English), verbal and written, are required.
- Social media and/or communications strategist.
- Excellent and demonstrated skills in working in a cross-functional environment in the development and execution of communications plans; good listener; persuasive.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with internal clients and other key stakeholders to reinforce communication.
- Ability to think strategically in the context of social media, with the ability to navigate the organization and establish him or herself as a strong valued partner.
- Exceptional written and spoken communications skills.
- High energy, collaborative and team-oriented approach.
- Entrepreneurial spirit, insatiable curiosity and an established track record of hard work, dedication and results.
- Strong business acumen, strategic skills and solid judgment in decision making.
- Ability to manage complex, multiple projects and deliverables simultaneously, with strong desire to successfully execute on action plan.
Your role at Merck is integral to helping the world meet new breakthroughs that affect generations to come, and we’re counting on your skills and inventiveness to help make meaningful contributions to global medical advancement. At Merck, we’re inventing for life.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. Merck is an equal opportunity employer, proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Job: External/Reputation/Social Media
Employee Status: Regular
Number of Openings: 1
Shift (if applicable):
Company Trade Name: Merck
Req Id: 214671 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Social Media Customer Representative Location: Head Office (Montreal, Quebec) Store Location: Job Code: 7128 # of openings: 1 Description Social Media Customer Representative Groupe Dynamite is a...
Coordonnatrice ou coordonnateur principal, Santé | Senior Account Executive, Health, Edelman, 5 daysJob Description - Coordonnatrice ou coordonnateur principal, Santé | Senior Account Executive, Health (181985) Job Description Coordonnatrice ou coordonnateur principal, Santé | Senior Account...
Nous sommes présentement à la recherche d’un superviseur, planification média. Résumé du poste : Le superviseur de compte, planification média, est responsable de formuler des recommandations...
Req Id: 213125 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Req Id: 211404 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief inour company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Req Id: 214671 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Social Media Customer Representative Location: Head Office (Montreal, Quebec) Store...
Coordonnatrice ou coordonnateur principal, Santé | Senior Account Executive, Health, Edelman, 5 daysJob Description - Coordonnatrice ou coordonnateur principal, Santé | Senior Account Executive,...
Nous sommes présentement à la recherche d’un superviseur, planification média. Résumé du poste...
Req Id: 213125 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Req Id: 211404 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...