SIS Software Product Manager-FC0066978
Fujitsu is the leading Japanese information and communication technology company
and a leading provider of IT products and services including hardware, software,
networking and business solutions to customers in more than 100 countries. We
are known for our ability to harness the power of IT for our clients and to
build innovative practices and solutions. At Fujitsu, you will find a dynamic
work environment with multidisciplinary teams involved in stimulating projects.
Fujitsu is where you can pursue your full career potential. We enable our
employees to grow as individuals, mature as industry professionals and proudly
succeed as key members of the Fujitsu team.
Fujitsu is in need of a Software Product Manager with deep expertise in the area of Student Information Systems to join our fast growing and exciting Education Service Line. If you are passionate about education at the K-12 level, this could be the perfect job for you!
The role can be based anywhere in Canada, as long as the candidate is willing to travel as required within Canada and possibly other locations across North America.
The Software Product Manager will be responsible for the vision and profitability of the Student Information System (Aspen) and associated third party products that make up the education ecosystem currently being implemented across several Canadian provinces. You will work closely with Technology, Sales, and Client Services teams to build and enhance the product from existing ideas and help develop new concepts based on industry research and the needs of customers and prospects. We are looking for an individual who possesses a unique blend of business and technical savvy, a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You will be expected to conduct market research, including working directly with our Education sector partner and other vendors, to understand their needs and issues, and find innovative solutions for existing and additional components of the SIS. The Product Manager will stay on top of trends and develop long-term plans for the success of the product line.
The Product Manager is the champion for the SIS, and will work with Business Analysts and IT Architects to define product requirements. The Product Manager will also work with Sales and Marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customers. The Product Manager will also serve as the internal and external subject matter expert for product offerings, working with the sales channel and key clients.
The Software Product Manager is responsible for all aspects of the SIS, including expanding our services to areas outside of the Student Information System. Specific responsibilities in this role include:
• Managing the product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research using multiple channels supported by on-going calls and visits to customers and prospects
• Prepare, maintain and evangelize the product roadmap which defines product enhancements and short- and long-term releases
• Developing and implementing a sector-wide go-to-market plan, overseeing interdepartmental activities to execute plans.
• Work with sales management and other contributors to evaluate and prioritize opportunities and develop strategy
• Create feature descriptions to provide guidance to Business Analysts and contribute and approve the product-related Business Requirements Documents
• Help develop and deploy key market messages and communication strategies for the product line with support from the Fujitsu Marketing team and Sales
• Strategize how technology will be developed or adapted to improve the performance of the application
• Develop and when necessary deliver concise and meaningful presentations for internal and external audiences, including education and training of sales staff, product implementers and support staff, train the trainer programs and presentations at symposia, trade shows, and key customer accounts
• Act as product champion within Fujitsu and our clients in the Education sector
• Participate in proposal development
Skills, Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience combined with some post-secondary education
• Product Management certification a plus
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in Product Management, ideally with a deep understanding of the education industry. The following experience is also beneficial:
o Computer literate in Windows, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project, PowerPoint
o Complete knowledge of SDLC
o Demonstrated success defining , launching and maintaining excellent products
o Knowledgeable on use of computer technology in the education market
o Basic knowledge of web development platforms, databases and infrastructure
o Corporate CRM experience a plus
Qualities and Attributes:
A Product Manager has exemplary people and communications skills, coupled with the savvy and maturity needed to garner the respect of senior management and clients. Additionally, the professional is a self-starter who goes above and beyond the expected requirements of the role, and is highly adept at building mutually beneficial relationships that result in value, benefit and revenue growth for Fujitsu. Further qualities and attributes that aid in the success of this role are:
• Work well under pressure and be able to prioritize to meet deadlines and quickly shift priorities as necessary
• Ability to multi-task, work independently and demonstrate keen attention to details
• Ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact and communicate ideas including responding to resistance and criticism
• Ability to influence cross-functional team without formal authority
• Team player attitude is mandatory
• Positive attitude and demonstrated optimism are necessary
• Project management skills to understand project plans and aid in communication to others are beneficial
Reporting To: Production Manager, Reman If you have high integrity and a good work ethic, we want you on our team. The Reman Transmission & Production Supervisor is a main liaison for corporate...
Close Director of Marketing - VQA Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Director Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years Experience: 8-10...
Close Assistant Product Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Marketing Years...
. What is the opportunity? In this role, you will contribute to and execute the GCS strategy for engaging RBC with key security partners in areas of education, research and GCS capability...
Close Marketing Administrative Assistant Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Experienced (Non-Manager) Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category:...
Professional Consulting - Toronto Our client in Banking & Finance industry is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager (Director level) – B2B marketing in FI in Toronto. This is a 8 months contract...
Reporting To: Production Manager, Reman If you have high integrity and a good work ethic, we...
Close Director of Marketing - VQA Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Close Assistant Product Manager Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
. What is the opportunity? In this role, you will contribute to and execute the GCS strategy for...
Close Marketing Administrative Assistant Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+...
Professional Consulting - Toronto Our client in Banking & Finance industry is seeking a Senior...