Senior Technical Solution Designer
Eagle is currently seeking a Senior Technical Solution Designer. This is a twenty-four (24) month, contract position scheduled to start in June.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing solution architecture that accurately translates business requirements to technology and ensures the design will meet business requirements throughout the lifecycle of a change;
- Creating, evaluating and recommending solutions that incorporate business, technology, roadmap, cost, scalability and performance requirements;
- Collaborating with architecture on the solution design to ensure it complies with enterprise architectural standards and future roadmaps;
- Conducting continuous improvement analysis on existing application and infrastructure technology and its ability to support the business requirements;
- Liaising with project managers and delivery teams to implement a solution that will meet business requirements within time and cost constraints and help program and project managers in the implementation of design, planning and governance of project and initiative;
- Leading and delegating development responsibilities to developers and specialists to ensure the project is completed within the required time frame;
- Providing guidance and coaching to other architects, developers and specialists on changes throughout the design process;
- Assessing and articulating any impacts of the solution on existing business and technical landscape;
- Working in partnership with strategy, centers of expertise and the business to help in defining future services, enhancements and directions;
- Supporting management, business, development teams, and the business teams with innovations and solid design principles;
- Working across the divisions to understand and leverage common solution components where appropriate;
- Working closely with the development team to ensure design patterns and direction are successfully and consistently implemented;
- Designing and implementing complex systems solutions across the stack;
- Translating business requirements into an overall technical solution that is robust, scalable and extensible;
- Proactively anticipating technical risks and design/implement error handling and other mitigation techniques to ensure system stability and security;
- Recognizing opportunities for reuse, componentization, dependencies and interactions between components and projects and taking ownership of resolving issues and conflict;
- Establish traceability between requirements and solution architecture design;
- Participating in the definition of a change release strategy for application change initiatives;
- Participating in tier 3 application support activities including incident management and the assessment and delivery of application upgrades and patches;
- Identifying and evaluating risks and participating in mitigation and control activities;
- Authoring architectural solution documents;
- Supporting the determination of estimates such as level of effort and cost, staffing, deployment strategy and work breakdown structure; and,
- Providing technical thought, leadership and mentoring.
Skills and Qualifications
The qualified candidate must have:
- Undergraduate degree in engineering, computer science, business, or equivalent;
- Three to five (3-5) years’ experience as a solution, infrastructure, business or data architect;
- Mature perspective on architecture and its role in a dynamic company;
- Exceptional interpersonal skills in areas such as teamwork, facilitation and negotiation;
- Excellent understanding of technologies both current and emerging;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced agile development environment;
- In-depth understanding of current and emerging technologies including micro service architecture, web services such as SOAP and REST, single page applications, IBM MQ, data base such as oracle and MySQL and application servers and how other enterprises are using them to build systems;
- Expertise in one or more architecture areas such as application, infrastructure, data and security;
- Graduate degree in business administration (an asset);
- Five to eight (5-8) years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT (an asset);
- Experience with one or more popular NoSQL databases-MongoDB, CouchDB, Cassandra and Redis et (an asset);
- Understanding of benefits and drawbacks to a micro service architecture (an asset);
- Experience in distributed caching techniques;
- Experience in software development and coding in multiple languages such as C#, .NET, Java and Python; (an asset); and,
- Certifications in TOGAF, ITIL foundations, IT architecture, SOA, integration technologies such as FUSE, DataStage and MQ (an asset).
Don’t miss out on this opportunity, apply online today!
Eagle is an equal opportunity employer and will provide accommodations during the recruitment process upon request. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Please note that your application does not signify the beginning of employment with Eagle and that employment with Eagle will only commence when placed on an assignment as a temporary employee of Eagle.
Sr Landscape Architect -1 Tracking Code 2485-737 Job Description Designs and coordinates landscape architecture projects. Designs, develops, modifies and reviews drawings for landscape...
Sr. Designer - Interiors Tracking Code 2518-737 Job Description Responsible for keeping the project, or a phase of a project, on schedule. Responsible for selection and specification of all...
Architectural Technician Tracking Code 2521-737 Job Description Prepares and modifies architectural documents, elevations, sections, details, etc. as directed by others utilizing Building...
Category:Cyber Security Consulting City: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: Work Description: We have an opening for one (1) Security Solution Architect to...
Category:Digital Customer Experience City: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full Time Position Description: Do you know where to begin when companies want to undertake a digital...
Interior Designer Tracking Code 2519-737 Job Description Leadership Conducts programming efforts such as space planning, layout and utilization of furnishings and equipment, lighting and color...
Sr Landscape Architect -1 Tracking Code 2485-737 Job Description Designs and...
Sr. Designer - Interiors Tracking Code 2518-737 Job Description Responsible for keeping the...
Architectural Technician Tracking Code 2521-737 Job Description Prepares and modifies...
Category:Cyber Security Consulting City: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full...
Category:Digital Customer Experience City: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada Employment Type: Full...
Interior Designer Tracking Code 2519-737 Job Description Leadership Conducts programming efforts...