BDO. Because relationships matter.
There are many world-class accounting & advisory firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At BDO, we understand that exceptional service to our clients begins – and ends – with exceptional regard for our people. Because at its core, our business is not about numbers or spreadsheets, dollars or pence, but about people working with, for, and in service of others. In short, because relationships matter.
We are currently seeking a Senior Tax Accountant beginning immediately with our Guelph team. This is an opportunity to work within an engaging team on tax consulting and compliance engagements for a diverse client base. This position has the opportunity to grow quickly within the firm while gaining valuable experience with planning and compliance tasks.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Preparation of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns along with other tax information forms. This work may include an initial focus on preparation work while working towards reviewing all of the returns. Research tax issues and prepare memorandum or client letters, including writing report/letter at the appropriate level for the intended audience.
- Prepare tax accrual working in accordance with applicable accounting standards.
- Researching tax issues and documenting this research in tax memos or client letters.
- Identify and document tax filing positions including risk analysis.
- Dealing with tax authorities on tax audits and appeals.
- Develop and implement strategies for clients to capitalize on business opportunities.
- Effectively communicating internally on various tax matters.
Education and Professional Skills/Knowledge
- Minimum three years’ experience within public practice with significant exposure to Tax engagements.
- Professional designation required (CA, CGA, CMA or CPA) with a successful completion of the CICA In-Depth Tax Course (Level 1 at minimum)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within a busy work environment.
- Flexible to work independently as well as within a team.
Why Work for BDO?
- BDO is the 5th largest accounting and advisory firm in the world
- At BDO we consider our people to be our most valuable asset; we offer the opportunity to grow and develop in an innovative and collaborative environment.
- We offer an unmatched degree of flexibility to help you professionally and personally succeed
- We provide competitive salaries, a flexible benefits package and a matching RRSP option
- Opportunity to work with like-minded individuals to support career development
- BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives, FCC’s “Drive Away Hunger”, Children’s Miracle Network and United Way
The best professional services firm in the mid-market.
Description Payroll Specialist Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Clerical and Administrative Support Location: Malden, MA Department: Payroll Employment Type: Full Time Job Type: Non-Union Work...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to a Regional Client Service Manager, Estate & Trust Services, this role supports a Trust Officer in the Regional Estate and Trust Group with administrative and...
.NET Application Developer-1806133 Description Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive...
Application Developer-RLL1801156 Description Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive...
04-May-2018 Georgetown Ontario Store Location 300 GUELPH STREET, GEORGETOWN, ON, L7G 4B2 Company Summary Walmart Canada operates a growing chain of more than 400 stores nationwide serving more...
Requisition Number: 12680 Job Description Cintas is seeking an Office Administrative Professional to support numerous office functions. Responsibilities include accounts receivable, accounts...
Description Payroll Specialist Apply Refer a Friend Back Category: Clerical and Administrative...
What is the opportunity? Reporting to a Regional Client Service Manager, Estate & Trust...
.NET Application Developer-1806133 Description Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to...
Application Developer-RLL1801156 Description Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to...
04-May-2018 Georgetown Ontario Store Location 300 GUELPH STREET, GEORGETOWN, ON, L7G 4B2 Company...
Requisition Number: 12680 Job Description Cintas is seeking an Office Administrative...