Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst - Edmonton or Calgary
# of Positions Available
February 6, 2018
Accounting / Finance / Insurance, Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Business / Strategic Management
Calgary - CALGARY, AB CA
Edmonton - Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3 CA (Primary)
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB Financial. Is that you?
Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst
The Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst is responsible for proactively mitigating potential risk and to effectively communicate changes to both internal and external partners, to achieve goals supporting ATB’s strategic plan. This role primarily identifies, coordinates, manages and facilitates modifications or enhancements as they relate to any risk or compliance activities to principally People Places & Spaces ie. facilities (including OH&S) and secondarily to Legal strategies, initiatives, systems, processes and operational support.
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Assess trends in activities as they relate to risk and compliance, and translating the risk and compliance needs to ensure that the role is not just meeting yet going above and beyond in risk and compliance activities.
- Liaise with the People Places & Spaces and the Legal teams, to build an effective risk and compliance culture, with strategies, and to provide insights around how to improve and deploy changes to ensure operational excellence while consistently delivering truly exceptional, WOW! customer experiences.
- Report on risk trends and compliance changes and present to senior leadership all audit action items at a point in time, to support ongoing action plan and remediation efforts.
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- Post-secondary degree and risk, compliance, audit and / or accounting designations
- (eg. CPA,CIA,CRMA or CISA, or working towards any)
- Proven track record in managing risk, compliance and / or audit functions in any capacity, with financial institutions’ experience preferred
- 5+ years risk, compliance and / or audit management
- A strong understanding and knowledge of information security regulations, frameworks and standards along with commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the field of privacy
- Strong critical-thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, to recognize and resolve complex issues and devise creative solutions (eg. utilizing DMAIC and / or Lean Six Sigma methodologies)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, with the ability to deliver technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and understandable manner
- Proficiency in Google Suite and other analytical / statistical tools (eg. Google Data Studio 360)
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine a financial institution that’s leading the way in change. Throw in opportunities for career advancement, an excellent benefits and pension package, and paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice, we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more, visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews, visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Barrett Westerlund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
Auto req ID 24271BR Market Job Title/Designation Equipment Finance Transaction Coordinator Region Americas Country Canada Location Alberta City Calgary Job Family Admin Support Market Job...
Auto req ID 23294BR Market Job Title/Designation Intern | Sales Region Americas Country Canada Location Alberta City Calgary Job Family Developmnt Progs Market Job Description Wells Fargo...
Senior IT Security Governance Risk and Compliance Consultant - Calgary - Future Opportunities, Bell, 23 daysReq Id: 189610 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Description Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we share a vision for our future, we share our successes, and we strive to bring out the best in each...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th largest financial group in the world with total assets of over $2.4 trillion (as ranked by SNL Financial,...
Position Title: Manager, Operational Audit Team and Location: Internal Audit – Corporate Finance Montreal or Calgary Company Profile: Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering...
Auto req ID 24271BR Market Job Title/Designation Equipment Finance Transaction...
Auto req ID 23294BR Market Job Title/Designation Intern | Sales Region Americas Country ...
Senior IT Security Governance Risk and Compliance Consultant - Calgary - Future Opportunities, Bell, 23 daysReq Id: 189610 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 137 years of success. We are defined...
Description Join a financial group that’s as committed to your future as you are. At MUFG, we...
Description Discover your opportunity with Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG), the 5th...
Position Title: Manager, Operational Audit Team and Location: Internal Audit – Corporate Finance...