Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst - Edmonton or Calgary
# of Positions Available
February 6, 2018
Accounting / Finance / Insurance, Banking / Real Estate / Mortgage / Professionals, Business / Strategic Management
Calgary - CALGARY, AB CA
Edmonton - Edmonton, AB T5J 0N3 CA (Primary)
Helping Albertans achieve their dreams by turning the complex world of banking into brilliantly simple solutions. That’s ATB Financial. Is that you?
Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst
The Senior Risk & Compliance Analyst is responsible for proactively mitigating potential risk and to effectively communicate changes to both internal and external partners, to achieve goals supporting ATB’s strategic plan. This role primarily identifies, coordinates, manages and facilitates modifications or enhancements as they relate to any risk or compliance activities to principally People Places & Spaces ie. facilities (including OH&S) and secondarily to Legal strategies, initiatives, systems, processes and operational support.
You will find success based on your ability to:
- Assess trends in activities as they relate to risk and compliance, and translating the risk and compliance needs to ensure that the role is not just meeting yet going above and beyond in risk and compliance activities.
- Liaise with the People Places & Spaces and the Legal teams, to build an effective risk and compliance culture, with strategies, and to provide insights around how to improve and deploy changes to ensure operational excellence while consistently delivering truly exceptional, WOW! customer experiences.
- Report on risk trends and compliance changes and present to senior leadership all audit action items at a point in time, to support ongoing action plan and remediation efforts.
As the ideal candidate, you possess:
- Post-secondary degree and risk, compliance, audit and / or accounting designations
- (eg. CPA,CIA,CRMA or CISA, or working towards any)
- Proven track record in managing risk, compliance and / or audit functions in any capacity, with financial institutions’ experience preferred
- 5+ years risk, compliance and / or audit management
- A strong understanding and knowledge of information security regulations, frameworks and standards along with commonly-used concepts, practices and procedures within the field of privacy
- Strong critical-thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills, to recognize and resolve complex issues and devise creative solutions (eg. utilizing DMAIC and / or Lean Six Sigma methodologies)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including presentation skills, with the ability to deliver technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences in a clear and understandable manner
- Proficiency in Google Suite and other analytical / statistical tools (eg. Google Data Studio 360)
So what can ATB Financial offer you? Imagine a financial institution that’s leading the way in change. Throw in opportunities for career advancement, an excellent benefits and pension package, and paying less for your everyday banking, mortgages, loans and investments – now you’re talking about a career with a company that allows you to grow. As an award-winning employer-of-choice, we have the best of the best working for Albertans. Sound like a team you want to be a part of?
Advancement. Fun. Rewards… We get it.
To learn more, visit atb.com.
To read our employer reviews, visit our Glassdoor page.
Online applications are preferred. ATB Financial is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, due to the high number of resumes we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For additional information on this posting, please contact Barrett Westerlund at email@example.com.
Please click the following link for information on communities where ATB thrives .
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Purpose The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Director of Clearing is responsible for the oversight of the clearinghouse risk and operations for ICE NGX Canada Inc. (ICE NGX), an...
Risk Analyst, Institutional Client Risk Management - Calgary, Franklin Templeton Investments, 21 daysRisk Analyst, Institutional Client Risk Management - Calgary-824748 At Franklin Templeton Investments, we are dedicated to delivering strong results and exceptional service to clients, team...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 26144 Reporting to the team lead, crude oil, you will work within a highly motivated and professional team responsible for overseeing the day-to-day...
Requisition ID: 15646 Job Category: Infrastructure With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are...
Security Consultant II (Physical Security Systems & Services - Guarding Services), TELUS Communications, 25 daysSecurity Consultant II (Physical Security Systems & Services - Guarding Services) - ROL03602-18 Description This role may be based in Vancouver/Burnaby, Calgary/Edmonton, or the Greater Toronto...
IT Business Continuity Analyst Business Services Information Technology Business Services Calgary IT Business Continuity Analyst The Role Reporting to the Administrator of DR/BC Planning, as part...
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Purpose The Chief Risk Officer (CRO) and Director of Clearing is responsible...
Risk Analyst, Institutional Client Risk Management - Calgary, Franklin Templeton Investments, 21 daysRisk Analyst, Institutional Client Risk Management - Calgary-824748 At Franklin Templeton...
LOCATION: Calgary, Alberta (CA-AB) JOB NUMBER: 26144 Reporting to the team lead, crude oil, you...
Requisition ID: 15646 Job Category: Infrastructure With over six decades of business and...
Security Consultant II (Physical Security Systems & Services - Guarding Services), TELUS Communications, 25 daysSecurity Consultant II (Physical Security Systems & Services - Guarding...
IT Business Continuity Analyst Business Services Information Technology Business...