The Senior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst is responsible for ensuring and leading the effective application of quality assurance processes, practices, and tools to I.S./business problems and opportunities. The QA Analyst works closely with I.S./business /other I.S. practitioners, 3rd party representatives and project teams to understand, define, manage, monitor and promote the QA testing effort and processes, capture and promote the quality requirements, and ensure appropriate QA processes are followed. This role has a shared responsibility with I.S./business leaders/representatives/other I.S. practitioners, 3rd party representatives and project teams for the delivery of quality.
Plans and estimates project work specific to Quality Assurance needs
- Works with project teams to develop overall project plans and QA/test plans
- Estimates tasks and outlines task dependencies
- Identifies Quality Assurance/Testing-related resources required to complete Quality Assurance and testing activities effectively
- Assesses the impact of change to Quality Assurance/Testing-related activities as required
Performs and manages test execution, either independently or in partnership with various I.S. practitioners/business representatives/3rd party resources
- Reviews and provides feedback and recommendations on the completeness, consistency and testability of required project documentation (e.g.; product specifications, systems architecture, unit test plan approaches, and other appropriate project documentation
- Develops test plans, schedules, status reports and other QA/testing-related documents or deliverables
- Assists with the identification of the test environment needs and works with other I.S. and business resources to drive the creation and population of the test environment
- Defines and delivers test procedures, test cases/test scripts
Designs automated and manual functional and non-functional tests
Builds and executes automated and manual function and non-functional tests
Verifies, compiles and analyzes all test results
Participates in the walk-through process for early identification of defects
Manages the Quality Assurance/ Testing team effort
- Manages the overall testing effort, overseeing team collaboration to produce test strategies, test plans, test cycles & execution, and other testing effort tasks
- Manages and coordinates QA/ testing-related activities and effort
- Communicates with I.S. teams/business/3rd party resources to ensure quality assurance and testing requirements are understood and documented
- Leads testing status meetings, defect review meetings, and walk-through/reviews of QA/Testing-related deliverables
- Manages the defect review process including defect reviews
- Proposes recommendations to resolve defects
- Trains various resources (eg: cross-discipline CC practitioners, business/3rd party representatives) on quality assurance testing processes, tools, approaches, and methodologies
- Ensures appropriate transition of test assets, such as test files, test environments, regression suites, and other identified test assets, to provide support teams with the sustainable deliverables they require to support various environments
- Identifies work activities for other QA practitioners, tracks and reviews progress
Performs risk assessment analysis and provides recommendations for improvement
- Works with the project team to identify, document, and analyze project risk
- Works with Project Managers to ensure product risk assessments and risk mitigation strategies are identified and appropriately escalated
- Monitors project risk throughout the project life cycle
- Analyzes compliance metrics, reports on audit results, and makes recommendations for process improvements
Analyzes and reports on testing metrics including quality (defects), coverage (execution) and schedules (plans), to Project Managers and project leadership teams as required
Ensures quality assurance processes, practices, and tools are known and followed
- Champions the effective implementation and adherence of QA processes and practices
- Provides compliance management governance and support by participating in quality audits
- Works with I.S./business leaders/representatives/other I.S. practitioners, 3rd party representatives and project teams to gather quality requirements
- Ensures traceability between requirements and testing related deliverables
- Provides Leadership
- Provides leadership and maintains an overall vision of quality assurance solutions and ensures these solutions achieve I.S./business objectives
- Identifies and recommends best practices surrounding the deployment and use of quality assurance/testing tools and methods
- Consults with, and mentors, I.S./business/3rd party representatives by providing support and direction on QA processes and practices
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Position Description .StandardAero is pleased to present an opportunity for a Propulsion Engineer in its Winnipeg, Manitoba facility. The successful candidate will join a dynamic government and...
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of aircraft interior products and solutions. B/E has a leading worldwide market share in all of their...
Position Description StandardAero specializes in engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul services for business and general aviation, air transport, military aircraft and industrial generation. We...
Position Description The successful candidate will perform non-destructive testing on gas turbine engine components and parts using liquid penetrant (LPI) method. The Inspector will: - Ensure the...
Test Administrator, Winnipeg - (1810555) Description Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the global leader in computer-based testing for information technology, academic, government and...
Games Store Forums Support Ubisoft Club Ubiblog Community Overview Press Investors START-UPS Company Ubisoft Experience Grads & Interns Search for Jobs Our...
Position Description .StandardAero is pleased to present an opportunity for a Propulsion...
B/E Aerospace, a wholly owned subsidiary of Rockwell Collins Inc., is a leading manufacturer of...
Position Description StandardAero specializes in engine maintenance, repair, and overhaul...
Position Description The successful candidate will perform non-destructive testing on gas...
Test Administrator, Winnipeg - (1810555) Description Pearson VUE (www.pearsonvue.com) is the...
Games Store Forums Support Ubisoft...