At our core, we’re a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we help wherever we can. And through it all, the goals of our clients and their communities remain at the center of everything we create. Join our community, and help us get mined materials to the global communities who need them. Help us connect with our stakeholders and build lasting relationships.
Working on Stantec’s study phase and/or detailed Engineering projects you will assume the role of Senior Project Manager. This position can be in either our Sudbury, ON, North Bay, ON or Saskatoon, SK office.
- Senior Project Management, technical direction and execution of the engineering or study portion of the overall client project with an integrated team approach.
- Interaction with project controls and associated reporting.
- Client interfacing on project issues.
- Ensuring that safety is a mandatory subject for discussion and action at all Discipline meetings and requiring that all designs incorporate safety elements for the construction and operation of all components of the work
- Completion of all project deliverables on schedule.
- Direct (on a project level) engineering or mining disciplines who provide support to the project.
- Implementation of corporate procedures, quality and safety standards.
- Successful project execution.
- Coordinate responses to field construction queries.
- Resource planning and forecasts for project execution.
- Managing non-chargeable time (self and administrative reports).
- Provide project status updates as well as budgetary information and remediation plans where necessary.
- Monitor and ensure client satisfaction, thus maximizing business opportunities from known clients.
- Managing the preparation of functional/design basis statements, design criteria, data sheets, technical specifications, and designs associated with hoisting, mine infrastructure and ventilation. Directing activities of the Engineering Manager and discipline leads for larger projects.
- Managing the review of block models and implementation into mining methods.
- Managing the development of the basis of Estimate and the CAPEX / OPEX for projects
- Managing the development of the basis of Schedule and the project schedule to contribute to the cost estimate for the project
- Supporting technical and commercial procurement functions.
- Leading the development and progressing of the Engineering/Mining schedulers and supporting the interface with the Construction Management schedulers.
- Supporting the quality control and assurance manager in QA / QC functions.
- Supporting preparation of construction bid packages.
- Supporting the Risk Review / Hazop program.
- Supporting site construction as necessary.
- Support the Auditing process for the projects that you are managing.
- Travel to our Saskatoon, Sudbury and North Bay offices as required
- Preference given to Bachelors (or higher) degree in Engineering or equivalent
- 15-20 years of consulting project management / mining / engineering experience
- Preference given to Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) designation
- Preference given to Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
- Lead Project Manager role in projects with capital expenditure of $100M +
- Supervision of 20+ other engineering staff on a project basis
- Proven engineering expertise and competency in Mining projects and associated facilities
- Experience with Canadian jurisdictions and their various acts and regulations
- Genuine team player who will encourage teamwork with the project team plus other discipline staff
- High level of initiative and ability to complete tasks on schedule and budget
- Focused on providing quality services to the clients in a timely manner
- Excellent attention to detail and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong mentoring skills and desire to encourage junior staff
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Vous n’êtes pas prêt(e) à envoyer votre candidature ou ne savez pas si nous avons actuellement un poste ouvert qui serait adapté à vos compétences? Vous pouvez toujours communiquer avec nous et nous vous informerons des possibilités qui correspondent à vos compétences et à votre expérience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Agences de recrutement et de dotation
Stantec apprécie l’intérêt porté par les agences de dotation de personnel. Toutefois, tout curriculum vitae non-sollicité envoyé à Stantec ou à un employé de Stantec qui n’est pas lié à un contrat actuel et valide avec une agence ne pourra donner droit à des frais de recherche. En ce moment, Stantec n’est pas à la recherche de nouveaux partenariats avec des agences de dotation de personnel.
Customer Service Representative Requisition ID : 18020100 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Part Time Job : Customer Service/Customer Associate Work Location : Canada-Ontario-North Bay-789...
About Ribbon: Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time communications. Built on world class technology and intellectual property, the company delivers...
Auto Parts Counter Person - PartSource - North Bay - C04RFY PartSource is a chain of automotive parts specialty stores that offer brand-name auto parts to the medium to heavy ‘do-it-yourselfers,’...
Description We are currently recruiting for an Instructor who will work as part of a team dedicated to the success of students who are enrolled in Employability Assessment Program. The...
assistant store manager - North Bay, ON ( Job Number: 180009022) Location : CA-ON-North Bay Starbucks - Assistant Store Manager Now Brewing – Future Leaders! #tobeapartner Starbucks is known for...
Description P & K Trading Ltd. o/a Treeline Motel & Restaurant in Hudson Bay, SK is looking for 2 Full-time Food & Beverage Servers (Part-time is welcome as well) No education and experience is...
Customer Service Representative Requisition ID : 18020100 Position Type: Regular Position...
About Ribbon: Ribbon Communications is a company with two decades of leadership in real-time...
Auto Parts Counter Person - PartSource - North Bay - C04RFY PartSource is a chain of automotive...
Description We are currently recruiting for an Instructor who will work as part of a team...
assistant store manager - North Bay, ON ( Job Number: 180009022) Location : CA-ON-North...
Description P & K Trading Ltd. o/a Treeline Motel & Restaurant in Hudson Bay, SK is looking for...