Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of ingenuity from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to create and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most advanced companies in the world.
What will you do at Ciena?
Under limited supervision, process a bi-weekly payroll using ADP software
- Ability to independently process full cycle payroll in absence of manager
- Responsible for input of various payroll information including commissions, bonuses, taxable benefits, DCPP, wage garnishments etc.
- Process all personnel changes and review for accuracy
- Monitor workflow to ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely
- Run and import payroll interface files and review for accuracy
- Determine final pay as required for terminating employees
- Review and verify timecard entries for accuracy and prepare integration
- Reconcile payroll prior to transmission and validate confirmed report
- Prepare reports for management, finance, HR and benefits teams
- Assist with T4’s and RL’s
- Work on other special projects/tasks as requested
Collaboration with stakeholders
- Respond to all internal and external payroll queries
Areas of impact
- Highly motivated, approachable and positive professional.
- Able to work independently and prioritize workload in a busy, high pressure, and constantly changing environment.
- Team player with strong verbal and written communication skills to answer employee inquiries at all levels.
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and conflict resolution skills.
- Strategic thinker with a commitment to results.
- 3-5 years Canadian payroll experience preferred
- Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) or equivalent required
- Experience with automated payroll systems required (ADP Pay@work preferred)
- Experience using automated time capture system (Workday preferred)
- Solid understanding of Canadian Payroll Legislation
- MS office, including advanced excel
- Oracle experience a plus
- College degree preferred
Rewarding experience. Meaningful outcomes.
Making a difference in people's lives through design and implementation of leading network technologies. That's what motivates us.
A distinct way to work
Free thinking, free discussion, and collaboration are the norm. Expect more satisfying outcomes - both personal and professional.
Ciena values the diversity of our workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, gender or age.
Ciena is also committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free selection processes and work environments. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific needs / accommodation measures which must be taken to enable you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner. Information received relating to any specific needs / accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
What you can expect from us
- You will receive notification of your successful application
- Successful applicants will be contacted by Talent Acquisition for an initial discussion
- If suitable you will be considered for the short list and our formal interview process
Close Payroll Manager Canada Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career Level: Manager Industry: Packaged Goods Job Category: Human Resources Years Experience: 6-8 Years Job...
HCM Senior Solutions Engineer - Central/Eastern Canada - Bilingual French/English-19000GDF Preferred Qualifications Location: Central or Eastern Canada Are you interested in helping customers...
1 day ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 2 daysOntario Dairy Goat Co-operative (ODGC), a leading broker of fresh, high quality goat’s milk that is recognized as an industry leader, is currently seeking a General Manager to join their dynamic...
30+ days ago | Agribusiness - Crop Production - Accounting/Finance/Asset Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysAccounting and Payroll Administrator Rosendale Farms Limited, located in Waterloo Region, is a family farm operation with cash crop, crop input and grain elevator divisions. Job Summary This...
ICON is currently recruiting for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our Strategic Regulatory & Safety Consultancy group that forms part of a wider Commercialization and Outcomes group. Our...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise of technology. TM No other company delivers the full spectrum of global technology and supply...
Close Payroll Manager Canada Job Posting Category: Experienced Professionals (1+ years) Career...
HCM Senior Solutions Engineer - Central/Eastern Canada - Bilingual...
1 day ago | Agribusiness - Input Retail, Cooperative and Related Crop Services - Business Development/Strategic Management, AgCareers.com, 2 daysOntario Dairy Goat Co-operative (ODGC), a leading broker of fresh, high quality goat’s milk that...
30+ days ago | Agribusiness - Crop Production - Accounting/Finance/Asset Management, AgCareers.com, 22 daysAccounting and Payroll Administrator Rosendale Farms Limited, located in Waterloo Region, is a...
ICON is currently recruiting for a Regulatory Affairs Specialist to join our Strategic...
Job Description Position at Ingram Micro Ingram Micro helps businesses fully realize the promise...