• Data Strategy Lead
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Data Management Team is part of the overall Enterprise Data Management program which looks to satisfy the requirements related to principles for effective enterprise data aggregation and reporting, and is intended to support evolving regulatory requirements. It includes:
• Data Operations which is a watch tower providing end-to-end oversight over the report production cycle by integrating all of the process control views
• Data Strategy which looks to defining and ensuring adoption of golden source, capturing and maintaining business glossaries, data dictionaries as well as documenting functional and technical lineage
• Data Science and Analytics whose objective is to define and deploy predictive analytics to enable the platform to proactively detect potential data issues
• Referential Data Management whose role is to define, enforce usage and ensure the highest quality for the referential data sets (including, but not limited to, 3rd party, securities, foreign exchange, rates, product, business line, legal entities) necessary for the production of US regulatory reporting in collaboration with global teams
The role will report to the Data Strategy Lead and will be responsible for supporting the gathering of metadata and the maintenance of documented information. This may involve participation to setup, review and quality control, governance and validation processes with regards to data lineages, business glossaries and data dictionaries. This is part of the overall Data Governance framework being rolled out throughout the U.S. , Canada and LATAM platforms.
The role will report to the Data Strategy Team Leader and will be responsible for the implementation of the metadata management approach for the platform ensuring its execution and maintenance, as well as working in close collaboration with business partners, technology teams globally depending on the platform and others users.
• Maintain information on the data used and document its journey and usage
• Ensure proper usage of data
• Act as support and work on ad hoc assignments as needed including, but not limited to, quantitative analysis, data consolidation and crunching, driving a specific part of the project end to end, prepare recommendations
• Develops and maintains knowledge on the BCBS239 guidance as well as the RaDAR program implementation so as to constantly adjust, as relevant, your activities to the approach promoted by the Group
• Write and review standards, procedures or other documentations to record rule analysis and impact assessment, flow charts, RACI analysis and other diagnostic documentation as well as business requirements and other design documents
• Improve, deploy and onboard new domains such as Finance, Risk, Treasury, Operations across the organization the current Metadata framework
• Participate to the organization and preparation of Project and Steering Committees
• Attend project meetings, prepare meeting notes and distribute to identified stakeholders
• Produce project reports; request, collect, analyze, query, verify consistency and completeness and integrate weekly status reports from projects workstreams such as CCAR or Finance Regulatory Reporting
• Collect project documentation and insure proper archiving in available project management information systems
• Follow-up on the changes to project management plan and update project master plan
• Follow-up with project managers to ensure timeline is being respected and deliverables are to be met on schedule
• Keep updated action and issue logs, contact list, project distribution list and other registers
• Perform quality assurance, insure the completeness and adequacy of deliverables
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor degree required either in Business Administration or Computer Science
• 5 – 7 years of experience as a business analyst preferably with a focus on metadata related undertakings either in IT or data organization
• Knowledge of financial industry and related products focused on investment banking or asset management
• 3 years of experience in a Metadata/Enterprise Data Management team
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Hands-on experience with Metadata tools such as Ab Initio and Informatica
• Understanding and familiarity with Metadata Management, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence concepts
• Functional knowledge and skills in database design and querying (SQL, Oracle Db)
• Ability to conduct / support working discussion in English and French
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
• Ability to think analytically and to think abstractly to form a problem statement
• Attention to detail and the ability to work with a distributed multinational and multicultural teams
• Ability to prioritize and manage a variable workload
• Effectively conveys the message
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.
As Colliers Project Leaders continues to attract exciting project opportunities, we seek a Senior Project Manager with Move Management expertise to join our growing consulting team in...
Société Générale’s Digital Transformation Office (DTO) in the Americas is responsible for leading the innovation and digital transformation of the various models, systems, and processes used by...
Project Manager - 28198 Profession : Project Management Work Location : Americas-Canada-Montreal Schedule :Full-time Description PURPOSE As a Project Manager you will drive a variety of Clouds,...
Senior Database Application DBA/Infrastructure Specialist 3125693 Job Number: 3125693 Posting Date : Jan 10, 2019 Primary Location : Americas-Canada-Quebec-Montreal Education Level: Bachelor's...
Project Control Coordinator Intern / Summer 2019-271629 Description Position Summary: The Project Control Coordinator Intern must be a highly-motivated, self-driven team player that has the...
Information Technology - Montreal Our Client in the Banking and Finance Industry is seeking a Bilingual Sr. Project Manager for their Downtown Montreal office. This is a 10 months contract to...
As Colliers Project Leaders continues to attract exciting project opportunities, we seek a...
Société Générale’s Digital Transformation Office (DTO) in the Americas is responsible for...
Project Manager - 28198 Profession : Project Management Work...
Senior Database Application DBA/Infrastructure Specialist 3125693 Job Number: 3125693 Posting...
Project Control Coordinator Intern / Summer 2019-271629 Description Position Summary: The...
Information Technology - Montreal Our Client in the Banking and Finance Industry is seeking a...