Requisition ID: 15234
Job Category: Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Engineer with significant HVAC experience to join our Mechanical team in Winnipeg. Reporting to the Mechanical Discipline Lead, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will play a key role in delivering complex, challenging and innovative projects. The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be an established technical resource, mentoring and guiding Designers and Engineers in the production of engineering designs, including drawings, specifications and reports. In addition, the Senior Mechanical Engineer will provide input during client and stakeholder meetings, and assist with the development of new business opportunities and preparation of proposals.
- Design of various mechanical and piping systems for heavy industrial, mining, and utility projects, including but not limited to heating, air conditioning and ventilation (HVAC) systems, cooling systems, plumbing/drainage, fire protection, and compressed air.
- Develop, or provide input into 3D models and 2D drawings;
- Act as Mechanical Lead on multi-disciplinary projects, at all stages of the project lifecycle (conceptual, pre-feasibility, and feasibility studies, as well as detailed design/implementation);
- Supervise junior/intermediate engineers and designers in the preparation of design criteria, drawings, data sheets, technical specifications and design calculations;
- Professional signing/sealing of deliverables;
- Help prepare reports, proposals, budgets, schedules, project plans and other supporting documentation as required;
Mentor young engineers as part of their career development program
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, preferably Mechanical;
- Minimum of 8 years of experience designing mechanical systems including but not limited to heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems;
- Registered or eligible for registration as a Professional Engineer in Manitoba and/or Ontario;
- Demonstrated knowledge of pertinent industry standards, regulations and codes such as Manitoba Building Code, ASHRAE, CSA, and ASME standards;
- Strong knowledge of HVAC systems design, preferably specializing in heavy industrial, mining, and/or utility projects (power stations, control and substation buildings, etc);
- Must be able to lead mechanical aspect of projects and complete the majority of project work independently, with coordination and resources from other offices.
- Ability to function as a member of a multidisciplinary team and coordinate mechanical activities between disciplines;
- Experience with various piping systems, including design of process piping, compressed air systems, plumbing and drainage systems, steam piping, natural gas, and fire protection piping (sprinkler and standpipe systems).
- Experience with dust collection systems is considered an asset.
- Project management experience is considered an asset;
- Knowledge and experience with LEED® is considered an asset;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good planning, organizational and interpersonal skills;
- Supervisory experience;
- Safety awareness;
- Willingness to travel occasionally to other Hatch offices and project sites.
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.
Job Segment: HVAC, Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Plumbing, Project Manager, Operations, Engineering, Manufacturing, Technology
Sr. HVAC Technician - TRANE HVAC - (1807482) Description At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable,...
Fire Sprinkler Service Sales Representative - WD30050562208 What you will do Our continued growth has produced a need for a talented Fire Sprinkler Service Sales Representative to join our team....
Shop/Field Crew Location: Winnipeg Job Code: 3840 # of openings: 1 Description Shop/Field Crew personnel operates dewatering equipment, installs wellpoint systems and bypasses and performs...
Electronic Service Sales Representative - WD30050559208 What you will do This position requires high energy level with a focus toward customers and a strong desire to succeed. Good organizational...
The Transportation (Rail Engineering) business line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative, highly talented and motivated Civil Engineering Technologist for a position located in Winnipeg,...
Job Introduction: PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE! This position description assumes that the individual has satisfied all basic requirements for...
Sr. HVAC Technician - TRANE HVAC - (1807482) Description At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate...
Fire Sprinkler Service Sales Representative - WD30050562208 What you will do Our continued...
Shop/Field Crew Location: Winnipeg Job Code: 3840 # of openings: 1 Description Shop/Field Crew...
Electronic Service Sales Representative - WD30050559208 What you will do This position requires...
The Transportation (Rail Engineering) business line of AECOM is actively seeking a creative,...
Job Introduction: PLEASE CLICK APPLY OR TEXT "JOBS" TO (855) 999-1463 FROM YOUR SMARTPHONE! This...