Req Id: 216993
Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential.
To ensure we continue to be recognized as Canada’s leading communications company, we’re committed to finding and developing the next generation of leaders. This means creating best-in-class career and development opportunities for our employees.
If you’re passionate, driven and find yourself seeking interesting work, new challenges and continuous learning opportunities, then we want you to join our team.
Corporate Groups offers best practice services to support the organization, including Finance, Legal & Regulatory, Brand, Corporate Services – including HR, Communications, Real Estate, Security and Procurement & Value Creation.
The Senior Manager, Operations & Business Process will be responsible for managing and driving results across the Security environment. The successful candidate will build a culture of curiosity and data driven decision making within their team and will be expected to work closely with the impacted business units and corporate support entities across all lines of business
The ideal candidate should have experience working in the telecommunications sector. Bell specific experience would be an asset, particularly with operational / customer facing groups. A self-starter who is willing to learn and evolve with the business, they should have an insatiable drive and passion for continuous improvement and innovation.
The Senior Manager, Operations & Business Process will lead a seasoned cyber security team and programs, which partner with lines of business across the organization regarding security measures, potential threats, and implementations and improve security measures by leveraging process controls. We are looking for a seasoned leader to help manage critical security processes across the company, with a strong focus on vulnerability management and testing program across the larger organization that delivers a standard testing methodology, toolset and risk assessments. and work with cross functional teams to deliver results to support service and sales culture.
This role will also:
- Define a new and innovative approach to pro-actively test applications, systems and networks with the objective to identify vulnerabilities early in the life cycles.
- Identify issues/gaps and partner with appropriate teams to resolve
- Track all changes and measure improvements resulting from recommendations implemented
- Partnering with Projects to assess impacts of any change introduced to ensure processes updated and proper change management followed
- Drive insights and identify business opportunities through data analytics
- Analyze blueprint and data to quantify gaps / opportunities and make appropriate recommendations to drive process improvements
- Provide advice and guidance on all Security mitigation approaches.
- Conduct ongoing validation testing
- Strong people leader with proven analytical skills
- Must be able to identify and understand trends; able to synthesize and translate results into actionable items
- Strong problem solving skills, must have the ability to reason logically, looking at issues from multiple perspectives at a micro and macro level.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and deliver results intraday
- Ability to motivate employees and help to create an environment that fosters positive relationships, builds trust through mutual respect, and encourages employees to execs
- Define a federated testing program meant to support the larger organization;
- Establish an standard process to analyze and understand results of security vulnerabilities along with false positive management;
- Liaise with business unit owners for proper Risk scoring and mitigation tactics;
- Establish new and innovative security testing approach;
- Produce security testing reports and distribute to different business unit owners;
- Provide feedback on operational procedures as required;
- Consult with other Internal Information Security groups to develop action plans as required;
- Develop briefing documents for senior management as it relates to the security posture;
- Understand industry’s current direction as it relates to Information Security and ensure progress in accordance to both industry’s direction as well as internal direction;
- Supporting member as required within the Bell CIRT
- Develop weekly, monthly status reports as required;
- May require off-hours support (as needed); and
- Participate in executive security briefings.
- Strong communication skills, especially the ability to articulate advanced technical topics to business managers;
- Professional work experience directly related to the development of operational programs
- Experience directly related to the development of information security solutions and/or the analysis of information security events, vulnerabilities etc.
- Working knowledge of vulnerability assessments.
- Experience in working in a security environment.
- Desire to expand knowledge area and mentor others.
- A Government of Canada Security Clearance of Secret (Level II)
- Hands-on security certifications from major vendors.
- CISSP Preferred.
- Experience in conducting vulnerability assessments.
- Experience in managing and operating IT infrastructure.
- Desire to expand knowledge area and mentor others.
- Ability to participate within our Cyber Security Incident Response Team (CIRT) in support of managing incidents and mitigate ongoing cyber threats.
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French)
Job Location:Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
Bell is committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible environment where all employees and customers feel valued, respected, and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live and serve, and where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential.
Created: Canada, ON, Ottawa
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: BlackBerry is looking for three security software developers to join our BlackBerry Jarvis team. The Jarvis product is a platform for automating the...
Security Consultant I (24x7 Security Monitoring) - ROL03701-18 Description Join our team Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together As a Security Consultant I on the 24x7...
Founded in 1818, Bunge is a leading agribusiness and food company with integrated operations that circle the globe, stretching from the farm field to the retail shelf. Bunge has 35,000 plus...
Truckshop Technician-1900002V Description Completes repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a service workshop under supervision Applies documented procedures and policies to complete basic...
Professional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for a Special Advisor, Senior for our Federal Client. Qualifications: Education: Secondary school diploma is required Certificate,...
Dock Coordinator ID#190000AI( Job Number: 190000AI) Description Taleo Job Posting Template – External POSITION: Dock Coordinator COMPANY: Nestlé Waters...
Worker Sub-Type: Regular Job Description: BlackBerry is looking for three security software...
Security Consultant I (24x7 Security Monitoring) - ROL03701-18 Description Join our team Here’s...
Founded in 1818, Bunge is a leading agribusiness and food company with integrated operations...
Truckshop Technician-1900002V Description Completes repairs and rebuilds on engine products in a...
Professional Consulting - Ottawa MaxSys is currently looking for a Special Advisor, Senior for...
Dock Coordinator ID#190000AI( Job Number: 190000AI) Description Taleo Job Posting Template –...