Integrity. Accountability. Respect. Common sense. Caring.
CWB Financial Group (CWB) is not your typical bank – we take a deeply personalized approach to our business and in our core values. Taking the time to understand our clients’ goals and aspirations allows us to use a full-picture view in the type of support, guidance and service needed to help them cultivate a successful financial future.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Business Analysis to lead a large and diverse team of Business Analysts. In this position, the successful individual will govern the adherence of the BA team to the enterprise standard requirements methodology in requirements planning, analysis and documentation, requirements management and support. You will meet with stakeholders routinely, to ensure expectations are established and met by the Business Analysts while managing ongoing relationships for both the business and Information Services.
Do you have experience leading teams? Have you focused on leading internal objectives while mentoring and developing others? This is an opportunity to play a role in aligning the designed and delivered solutions with the needs of the stakeholders with CWB.
Be what you want to be – with CWB Financial Group.
Here is a glimpse into what your career could look like with us!
How you’ll spend your time:
- Ensuring all approved capital projects and operational initiatives are properly resourced as applicable to the IS Business Analysis practice.
- Ensuring expectations of support from Business Analysts are established and agreed upon between the BA team and our client partners.
- Providing on going touchpoints with key departmental leaders to ensure the value of Business Analysis is being delivered.
- Aligning Business Analysts with various business units within the organization, considering skill level and project complexity.
- Guiding the Business Analyst’s in the development of their domain knowledge for the operational business pillars in which they align to support and enhance the value provided by the Business Analysis practice in support of the business needs.
- Providing support for all Client Partner change initiatives and works with business leaders to ensure the changes are understood and accepted.
- Acting as a Subject Matter Expert in the identification, assessment and configuration of standard business analysis tools and related operational support procedures.
- Will champion the development and application of a requirements traceability model.
- Ensuring solid relationships are developed and maintained with key stakeholders/Client Partners and other operational groups.
- Ensuring access to and coordination of various I.S. services to Client Partners.
- Promoting cooperation and commitment within the CWB Group towards the attainment of common goals enabling productive group interactions.
- Providing annual performance reviews to all direct reports (reviewed quarterly).
- Recruiting and retaining top Business Analysts talent.
- Maturing and enhancing the CWB IS Business Analysis framework.
- Updating and standardizing CWB IS Business Analysis processes and templates.
- Developing and continuously improving processes, procedures and guidelines required to support the efficiency and effectiveness of the business analysis practice in the organization.
- Executing various business analysis improvement initiatives and provides thought leadership to the organization on the implementation and application of the BA discipline.
- Actively contributing to the improvement of standard Project Management/Systems Delivery Life Cycle processes and tools.
- Participating in various committees, industry associations, conferences and forums to ensure practices are aligned with industry best practices and to demonstrate thought leadership in the area of business analysis.
- Establishing measures and controls to monitor the application of the CWB Business Analysis practice.
Essential Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or other related field.
- CBAP Designation.
- PMP Certification is desirable.
- 10 years of Business Analysis experience including 5 years of direct leadership experience for Business Analysts or IS related areas.
- FI experience would be considered an asset.
Essential Professional Competencies:
- Advanced knowledge and proven experience in requirements planning, stakeholder analysis and effort estimation.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence decision making.
- Ability to prioritize tasks appropriately.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Detail oriented, yet able to stand back and appreciate the big picture.
- Sense of urgency and ability to drive issues to closure despite competing priorities from various stakeholders.
- Strong interpersonal and facilitation skills with the ability to foster collaborative relationships at multiple organizational levels across a matrix environment.
- Customer centric approach action and results.
- Strong leadership capabilities, including training and development of peers.
- Demonstrated ability to be proactive when dealing with issues and challenges.
- Experience applying conflict resolution techniques to prevent/mitigate issues.
- Ability to foster accountability/ownership towards set goals and targets.
- Knowledge of existing business and IT processes and technologies.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task.
What you will get from us:
- The opportunity to make a difference - our culture thrives on idea-sharing, collaboration and the ability to create impact
- Rewarding, enterprising and engaging atmosphere where you will be able to see your contributions at work.
- Understanding balance: We know our people have places to go, people to see and good times to have when they’re not at work and we support that.
- An award-winning benefits packages that includes 100% company-funded health coverage (dental, vision and prescriptions), health care spending account, a flexible wellness program and cwbalance day (extra day off with pay!).
- Company ownership: Every employee has the opportunity to be an owner with our employee share purchase plan (ESPP).
- Our commitment to your success and development: On-going career conversations and personalized professional growth opportunities.
- Competitive salary and pay for performance incentives.
- Continual learning opportunities and professional development training to grow your talent and realize your aspirations and potential.
CWB Financial Group is an equal opportunity employer. We are motivated by the new perspectives diversity can bring to our workforce. Inclusion and advocacy for a diverse organization can bring excellence at all levels of our business. Regardless of race, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or any other factors unrelated to job performance, we are looking for difference makers. We are committed to providing equitable treatment to all employees and job applicants.
Title: Cement Mason/Concrete Finisher – SCPP Job Summary JV Driver has been providing industrial construction services to the Oil & Gas, Energy, Petrochemical, Forestry, and Mining sectors since...
Leduc, CA Company Overview Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves, seals, automation, and services to the power, oil, gas, chemical, and other industries. With more...
Methods Analyst II - Business Intelligence Statistical Analyst Job Number : 33358 The Edmonton Police Service (EPS) requires a highly organized, dedicated individual to provide strategic and...
Supervisor, CRF Revenue, Strategy and Insights Job Number : 33223 Listen to this BRIEF INTERVIEW with Nathan Walters, Director of customer Relationship Management, as he shares what it takes...
Company Description Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company, Cineplex (TSX:CGX) is a top-tier Canadian brand that operates in the Film Entertainment and Content,...
Business Analyst - Corporate Strategy up to 1 permanent and up to 1 temporary, up to 11 months Job Number : 33269 Join a dynamic team helping to shape the way Edmonton grows through creative...
Title: Cement Mason/Concrete Finisher – SCPP Job Summary JV Driver has been providing industrial...
Leduc, CA Company Overview Flowserve is the recognized world leader in supplying pumps, valves,...
Methods Analyst II - Business Intelligence Statistical Analyst Job Number : 33358 The Edmonton...
Supervisor, CRF Revenue, Strategy and Insights Job Number : 33223 Listen to this BRIEF...
Company Description Cineplex is one of Canada’s leading entertainment and media company,...
Business Analyst - Corporate Strategy up to 1 permanent and up to 1 temporary, up to 11...