Swoop's vision is simple - make travel affordable, easy and accessible to everyone. We do this by keeping costs low and passing the savings on to our travellers by offering an unbundled service that allows them to customize their experience. We are a small company doing big things, where everyone plays an integral role in our success. Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced, start-up environment changing the landscape of air travel in Canada? Then think Swoop.
Posting Open Date: 01/08/2018
Posting Close Date: 01/21/2018 (Please note the posting will close at 11:59pm)
Senior Leader – Airport Operations
- Responsible for implementing Swoop’s airport operations with all impacted stakeholders
- Responsible for meeting key performance indicators (SPOT, baggage, labor and cost) and performance in Swoop airports
- Monitor daily/weekly/monthly KPIs
- Ensure that Swoop bases are prepared for the flight schedule and that resources and tools are in place to meet the needs of our operation (manpower & equipment)
- Provide content to contracted handlers for operational & safety briefings
- Communicate all significant operational challenges to Swoop bases and applicable operational partners
- Suggest and implement process improvement in Swoop airports
- Responsible for creating and implementing peak readiness plans for Swoop airports
- Development of operational plans, procedures and recovery for Swoop airports
- Maintain working knowledge of specific station operations (check in, gates, baggage, ground ops, etc.) through participation and observations
- Ensure compliance with company security and regulatory programs
Safety and Security
- Create an unwavering safety culture through the relentless pursuit of operational excellence
- Pro-actively identify and eliminate hazards and risks in our Swoop stations
- Follow up on Swoop station compliance to Swoop safety management standards, including regulatory training
- Complete and implement corrective action plans for Swoop airports incidents and hazard reports/investigations and audit findings
- Develop an operational and safety QC audit program for Swoop airport operations
Budget and Costs
- Exercise good judgment and fiscal responsibility in making operational and business decisions related to Swoop bases (manpower, IROP recovery, etc.) in alignment with corporate priorities
- Ensure cost targets are met or exceeding by constantly working with contracted handlers to find staffing efficiencies in Swoop airports operations
- Review and approve flight schedule changes for Swoop airports
- Provide month end reporting (actual to forecast) for Swoop airports
- Ensure Swoop airports teams are delivering a traveller experience that is fully aligned with Swoop’s brand and operational standards
- Create and implement action plan items that positively impact Traveller experience
- Foster a work environment that has a bias for action, is relentless in the pursuit of personal and corporate excellence, and is committed to the development of its people
- Attend regular meetings with Swoop leadership and other stakeholder groups to maintain open communication and understanding of the operational successes and challenges
- Prepare and deliver annual performance reviews for direct reports
- Define training requirements for all Swoop ATW/BTW operations and ensure delivery via the Swoop Standards and Training team
- Responsible for the onboarding of new service providers in Swoop airports
Third party relationships
- Participate in Ground Handler RFP selection process and make recommendations on successful bidders
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day relationship with third parties i.e. Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA) and SLA
- Responsible for review of OT and other ad hoc charges associated with an IROP or as operationally required
- Responsible to ensure GOM updates and Red Alerts are completed on time
- Review the completion of required ground handling training
- Review gaps and trends related to agreements and implement corrective actions
- Identify and implement strategic opportunities within the Swoop airports communities and facilities that will enhance service and improve operations.
- Participate in technical webinars and conference calls and ensure cascading of information to Swoop airports
- Lead standards and training team initiative roll-outs to Swoop bases and organization/coordination of new and continuing programs
- Minimum 5 years current airport operations experience – Swoop experience an asset
- Minimum 3 years managing airline ramp/ground operations with demonstrated operational excellence
- Minimum 3 formal leadership and coaching experience with a demonstrated ability to mentor and motivate
- Demonstrated expertise in winter and ground icing operations including the development of station deice management plans
- Demonstrated ability to lead significant innovation/change from inception through to successful implementation
- Demonstrated experience developing airports above and below wing resource plans and budgets
- Track record of developing and leading effective teams through use of established People practices
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Intermediate skills in MS Office applications PowerPoint, Word, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to run a safe operation in a complex airline operating environment
- Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality and managing large sums
- Ability to work a flexible schedule due to time zones/variable meetings/changes in priorities
- Exceptional personal OTP and performance - Positive role model, outwardly demonstrates Swoop values
- Must hold a valid passport and be able to meet entrance requirements for all Swoop destinations
If you love a challenge, are passionate about what you do and always go above and beyond to exceed expectations - you'll fit right in here. Swoop is looking for self-starters who are eager to be part of our journey in building Canada’s best ultra low cost airline. Our workforce is diverse and inclusive of everyone’s unique skills, perspectives and experiences to get the job done, and do so safely! If you think you have what it takes, apply while these opportunities are still available.
Req Id 82163 - Posted 07/09/2018 - Aviation - Aviation - Sécurité pré-embarquement aéroport - Airport Security Screening - Calgary - Aviation Services - Airport Security Screening - Canada -...
Req Id 82181 - Posted 07/17/2018 - Aviation - Aviation - Sécurité pré-embarquement aéroport - Airport Security Screening - Calgary - Aviation Services - Airport Security Screening - Canada -...
Land Contract Analyst Reference Code: 52261 Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB Job Category: Community/Land/Aboriginal Relations Employment Type: Employee Full-time Relocation Eligibility: This...
go to gategroup About Who We Are Our Global Network Meet Our Chefs Customer Solutions Airline Catering Provisioning Facility Options Our Differentiators Operational Excellence Culinary...
Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and resource solutions deliver safe and efficient results through all phases of a project by minimizing...
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld! GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation services for the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA), offering security screening services...
Req Id 82163 - Posted 07/09/2018 - Aviation - Aviation - Sécurité pré-embarquement aéroport -...
Req Id 82181 - Posted 07/17/2018 - Aviation - Aviation - Sécurité pré-embarquement aéroport -...
Land Contract Analyst Reference Code: 52261 Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB Job...
go to gategroup About Who We Are Our Global Network Meet Our Chefs Customer Solutions Airline...
Tervita is a leading environmental solutions provider. Our integrated earth, water, waste and...
Watch your career take flight at GardaWorld! GardaWorld is the largest provider of aviation...