We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work—engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning—begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe. Stantec trades on the TSX and the NYSE under the symbol STN. Visit us at stantec.com or find us on social media.
The Senior Graphic Designer is an essential player on the marketing team. Fuel to an engine. Butter to bread. You get the picture. Connecting with peers in other areas of the business to see the big picture, and working closely with team members to reach project goals, this person is a go-to design expert who brings ideas to life through design.
Around here, a Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for providing creative services to help articulate, educate, and build campaigns and proposals based on our brand. By artfully developing and executing design solutions from concept to completion, this person drives value to the marketing and communications team as well as the business as a whole through brand awareness.
This is a 1-year contract position.
Role can be based anywere in Canada or the United States within a Stantec Office. Calgary, AB is preferred.
The Senior Graphic Designer is an expert at visual storytelling and creating and executing design solutions from concept to completion, bringing our brand to life. They also:
- Lead brainstorming sessions and develop ideas for project themes
- Design proposals and business development materials for print and online
- Design for special events, thinking big picture about the visitor’s experience
- Act as a key photography contact, providing on-site art direction
- Contribute to brand awareness campaigns and integrate them across multiple mediums
- Present and defend creative concepts, sharing the story behind their work
This is where a Senior Graphic Designer contributes to the design team helping to create a tight-knit design discipline at Stantec. This person:
- Is a true brand champion working to educate internal clients and mentor other graphic ;designers on design best practices;
- Is on top of industry and competitor trends and new technologies;
- Networks within and is a part of local and/or online design communities. Participates in professional development opportunities.
Creativity is applied everywhere in this role—even in the organization and planning that comes with moving a project from brainstorming to finalization. While the Senior Graphic Designer may not take on all the work of a project manager, they will still be responsible for:
- Managing and completing all work on time, within brand guidelines, and error-free;
- Organizing tasks, prioritizes, and successfully juggling multiple projects in short timeframes with high-quality work;
- Seeking input proactively and engaging others for contributions; conducting meetings to understand needs/scope of a project;
- Moving projects through production, seeking out quotes for printing, recommending appropriate materials, and suggesting alternatives mediums.
Personal Skills and Leadership Competencies
A Senior Graphic Designer works to develop leadership skills and builds relationships with teammates on a foundation of trust and respect.
When it comes to leadership, this person is:
- A promoter of knowledge-sharing, a mentor, a strong communicator and a motivator who inspires their peers;
- A team player that values group work and advocates for independent effort
Regarding design, this person is:
- An expert in the print design/process and online mediums/channels;
- A veteran in design software such as InDesign, Photoshop, and Acrobat;
- A whiz with web-based tools and Microsoft Office applications including, but not limited to, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- 5-8+ years’ experience minimum in a graphic design role in a medium- to large-sized organization or design agency
- Post-secondary education in graphic design
- Certified Graphic Designer with the GDC preferred
- Experience in the energy industry considered an asset
Not ready to apply or not sure if we currently have an open position that would be your perfect fit? You can still connect with us so we can keep you updated on opportunities that match your skills and experience.
Vous n’êtes pas prêt(e) à envoyer votre candidature ou ne savez pas si nous avons actuellement un poste ouvert qui serait adapté à vos compétences? Vous pouvez toujours communiquer avec nous et nous vous informerons des possibilités qui correspondent à vos compétences et à votre expérience.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships.
Agences de recrutement et de dotation
Stantec apprécie l’intérêt porté par les agences de dotation de personnel. Toutefois, tout curriculum vitae non-sollicité envoyé à Stantec ou à un employé de Stantec qui n’est pas lié à un contrat actuel et valide avec une agence ne pourra donner droit à des frais de recherche. En ce moment, Stantec n’est pas à la recherche de nouveaux partenariats avec des agences de dotation de personnel.
Who You Are: Join a team that’s devoted to helping customers around the world use our photos, illustrations and video clips to create inspiring communications every day. As a Product Designer at...
The Transportation division of AECOM has an opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our Bridge Group in Calgary, Alberta. The Bridge Group is involved in the pursuit and delivery of major...
Piping Design Specialist - (ECR00013A) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the...
The Signage Production Coordinator manages the on-park signage process to support the zoo's educational, interpretive, and wayfinding initiatives. This position will support the Marketing and...
Senior Piping Designer - (ECR00013L) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine for the...
Sr. Electrical Design Specialist - (ECR00017C) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and ranked as the #2 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine...
Who You Are: Join a team that’s devoted to helping customers around the world use our photos,...
The Transportation division of AECOM has an opportunity for a Senior Bridge Engineer to join our...
Piping Design Specialist - (ECR00013A) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry...
The Signage Production Coordinator manages the on-park signage process to support the zoo's...
Senior Piping Designer - (ECR00013L) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC industry and...
Sr. Electrical Design Specialist - (ECR00017C) Description Recognized as a leader in the EPC...