The Investment Operations team is responsible for all accounting and valuations for the London Life, Great-West Life and Canada Life segregated funds and general account assets.
The Senior Fund Accountant will play a significant role in the daily fund valuation process. This position is responsible for providing oversight in our daily procedures and activities. In addition, the Senior Fund Accountant provides guidance and training to other employees in the unit including the review of other employee’s work. This individual provides support to management and participates in departmental objectives and other tasks as assigned.
- Assist management in streamlining and documenting processes
- Responsible for daily and month end reconciliations including preparation of year-end audit packages
- Responsible for oversight and analysis of the daily pricing and fund valuation process
- Support staff in problem solving and development
- Provide support for manual and automated trading processes
- Participation in process improvement initiatives and departmental projects
- Other general or department wide tasks as assigned
- Must interact professionally with related business partners such as Custodians, Investment Managers and internal departments
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of post secondary education, specializing in Accounting/Finance, such as Business Administration or B. Comm. or enrollment in a recognized Accounting program
- Four to seven years experience in an accounting related position
- Experience with segregated funds, mutual funds and securities/investments would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet programs (Excel) and other applications (Word, MS Query)
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and deal with fluctuating work volumes
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Job Description Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™ This is our promise. Not only for our customers, but our employees as well. Ceridian is a cloud company powered by our people. As an innovative...
SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE Permanent, Full-time role Do you have great work ethic? Exceptional administrative skills? Job responsibilities Provide office leadership and administrative support for...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and why we do it. These three words shape our business decisions and our everyday actions. They are...
Req Id: 209972 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined by the passion of our team members and their belief in our company’s vast potential. To ensure we...
Position Description StandardAero is hiring a 6 month TERM for a Chemical Engineering Technologist. This opportunity is great for a recent grad to gain experience in a laboratory setting in the...
store manager - Winnipeg, MB ( Job Number: 180006502) Location : CA-MB-Winnipeg Starbucks - Store Manager Now Brewing – Future Leaders! #tobeapartner Starbucks is known for developing...
Job Description Ceridian. Makes Work Life Better™ This is our promise. Not only for our...
SELECT YOUR LANGUAGE Permanent, Full-time role Do you have great work ethic? Exceptional...
Simply put, customers, innovation, and success are at the heart of what we do at The Source and...
Req Id: 209972 Bell is a truly Canadian company with over 138 years of success. We are defined...
Position Description StandardAero is hiring a 6 month TERM for a Chemical Engineering...
store manager - Winnipeg, MB ( Job...