The Investment Operations team is responsible for all accounting and valuations for the London Life, Great-West Life and Canada Life segregated funds and general account assets.
The Senior Fund Accountant will play a significant role in the daily fund valuation process. This position is responsible for providing oversight in our daily procedures and activities. In addition, the Senior Fund Accountant provides guidance and training to other employees in the unit including the review of other employee’s work. This individual provides support to management and participates in departmental objectives and other tasks as assigned.
- Assist management in streamlining and documenting processes
- Responsible for daily and month end reconciliations including preparation of year-end audit packages
- Responsible for oversight and analysis of the daily pricing and fund valuation process
- Support staff in problem solving and development
- Provide support for manual and automated trading processes
- Participation in process improvement initiatives and departmental projects
- Other general or department wide tasks as assigned
- Must interact professionally with related business partners such as Custodians, Investment Managers and internal departments
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Completion of post secondary education, specializing in Accounting/Finance, such as Business Administration or B. Comm. or enrollment in a recognized Accounting program
- Four to seven years experience in an accounting related position
- Experience with segregated funds, mutual funds and securities/investments would be considered an asset
- Working knowledge of spreadsheet programs (Excel) and other applications (Word, MS Query)
- Attention to detail is a must
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and deal with fluctuating work volumes
- Completion of the Canadian Securities Course would be an asset
Discover your opportunity….Apply today!
Great-West Life offers competitive compensation, great benefits such as medical, dental, life insurance, wellness account and personal days not to mention onsite cafeteria and fitness facilities. If you’d like to join our team submit your information online and introduce yourself.
Together Great-West Life, London Life and Canada Life serve the financial security needs of more than 13 million people across Canada, with additional operations in Europe and the United States. As members of the Power Financial Corporation group of companies, we’re one of Canada’s leading insurers with interests in life insurance, health insurance, investment and retirement savings. We offer a broad portfolio of financial and benefit plan solutions for individuals, families, businesses and organizations.
We are committed to providing an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we live, and to creating an environment where every employee has the opportunity to reach their potential.
Great-West Lifeco would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Territory Manager, Nestlé Health Science -Manitoba-( Job Number: 1900009O) Description Nestlé Health Science is an innovative health science company engaged in advancing the role of nutritional...
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and plant-based protein company, employing over 11,500 people and publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange....
Financial Services Associate Requisition ID : 19000182 Position Type: Regular Position Status: Full Time Job : Sales Support Work Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg-895 Empress Street Unposting...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years, but our vision and purpose are decidedly forward looking. As we pursue our vision to become the...
We are currently recruiting for office clerks for a short-term contract in Winnipeg, Manitoba. Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and great attention to detail. A clear...
BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that offer a culture so rich in professional opportunity, personal fulfillment, and long-term growth. At...
Territory Manager, Nestlé Health Science -Manitoba-( Job Number: 1900009O) Description Nestlé...
A Sustainable, Forward Thinking Protein Company Maple Leaf Foods is a leading meat and...
Financial Services Associate Requisition ID : 19000182 Position Type: Regular Position...
A Sustainable Protein Company We are proud of our roots, which we can trace back over 100 years,...
We are currently recruiting for office clerks for a short-term contract in Winnipeg, Manitoba....
BDO. Because relationships matter. There are many world-class accounting firms. Far fewer that...